Stacks - Community Feedback, Bugs, and Suggestions

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#51  Edited By Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I don't think GS has any intention of adding the features being suggested here and threads like these are looking more and more like a way for the staff to ferry naysayers into an isolated area of the board. In other words, it's their way of getting us to shut up.

It's approaching one year since the revamp and so far there have been only superficial improvements made. If GS was serious about returning the site to it's former glory, they would have done so by now.

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

User Lists: 8

#52 anarayan
Member since 2004 • 351 Posts

@LunarEclipz said:

Also, the option to move games up and down the list i already have would help

There are 2 types of stacks: Ranked and Unranked. Ranked allows only 100 items. Unranked allows you to add unlimited games to that stack. You can switch between them at the edit page. But be careful because going from Unranked to Ranked will truncate your list to the first 100 items.

The reason why I say this is because you can move your game up and down the list in a ranked stack, but not in an unranked stack. (Or is it the other way around, I don't remember.) Hope this helps.

LunarEclipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53 LunarEclipz
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts

@anarayan: It has the button to switch, but that button hasnt been working

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 anarayan

@LunarEclipz: I see... Didn't realize that. Never tried it as I was afraid of my list being truncated. Hope this is fixed soon. Stacks now are truly broken.

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#55 WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

Finally it all works great now. Still seems rating a game desnt show in stacks or maybe it takes time.

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#56 WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

@koreform I like stacks. Now they work great. Dont know just like the way my collection looks and that i can separate them by a system i have them on instead of having it all mashed together. I like things tidy lol.

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By anarayan

@WolfgarTheQuiet said:

@koreform I like stacks. Now they work great. Dont know just like the way my collection looks and that i can separate them by a system i have them on instead of having it all mashed together. I like things tidy lol.

Not sure what you're talking about. You can't separate them by platform. That is the most fundamental aspect about stacks, and it doesn't work. Please use punctuations because what you are saying is indecipherable.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#58 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I'm still being sent notifications for people liking my comments despite posting months ago about the problem. Its still not fixed...

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By anarayan

My Games I Want stack was 136 games big. I moved 2 games from that stack to another stack. The size of the stack became 132, not the expected 134. This is really annoying because I can't figure out which games the "move" button truncated. Now I've lost 2 games on my stack that I really wanted to play. It's been a year since the site has been modified. Is there no fix to this yet? This is very annoying.

hawkai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 hawkai
Member since 2003 • 27 Posts

You need to make stacks MUCH easier to edit. The "edit this stack" approach is too hard to use. It's better if you can just edit the page without having to go to a separate page.

You also need to make it MUCH easier to add games to a stack from an actual game page. This was a feature that existed before, but it seems to have been removed. You need to bring it back so that you can just add a game to any of your stacks from the game page.

You also need to make the games you follow page editable. It's just ridiculous to have to go to each game page individually to unfollow it.

Avatar image for addictedtochaos
addictedtochaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 addictedtochaos
Member since 2004 • 1142 Posts

Short of simply going back the old collection lists (I wish) let's at least have the ability to sort by alphabetical, year of release, genre, and platform (most importantly) If you insist on showing the cover art fine, but use the correct art for the game. If I have the US version of a game then it should display the US cover art (or at least the option for it) All of my games are the US version, yet, most of them display the Japanese title, this needs to be corrected.

numbbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#62  Edited By numbbaby
Member since 2003 • 120 Posts

For what it's worth, I've tried several of the 'Stacks' alternatives out there. Been awhile since I tried them all, but I think IGN, Gamefaqs, some others. For sure the absolute winner for me (as far as matching the ease of previous Gamespot 'Game Collections') is 'Grouvee.com'.

PROS: You can sort (!), fantastic games list (haven't found one yet that it didn't have, but I'm not into crazy rare ones), visually nice (some of the alternatives were like looking at DOS prompts), can make Wish List, different kinds of lists, what you're playing now, etc. Basically being able to see what I've rated games for my decades of game playing is what I was looking for...in a list that can actually be sorted.

And, if you get all the games in there you want but decide to move the list elsewhere, you can export your Grouvee games list as a CSV file.

CONS: No way (that I found) to import GS list (hundreds of titles) into Grouvee.com. This is ridiculous, but there you are. Did screen captures of entire GS list (not sorted at all, of course) and made my intern (...my son) hack them all into Grouvee manually. Sucks, but my list is back up and I'm happy about that. Needed to give a rough convert of my ratings from Gamespot's 1-10 scale to Grouvee's 1-5 scale (for me that was 10 = 5 stars / 9 = 4 stars / 7-8 = 3 stars / 5-6 = 2 stars / 1-4 = 1 star...your millage may vary).

--Also on phones (at least Chrome iOS), the lists are viewable, but clicking the icons to change what list individual games are in (say, moving from 'Playing' to 'Have Played') doesn't actually seem to register. So that kind of work seems to be phone un-friendly, but fine on desktop.

--I kind of liked seeing GS's score next to mine to see how that compared, but small loss there.

--You need to put in the platform manually for each game, even if it only came out on one platform.

--May not be powerful enough for you power-users (I don't know how easy the 'shelfs' (lists) are to edit, for instance). but it sure works for me.

ANYWAY - seems like a lot of cons, but give it a look (free)...by far the only one that was even close to the way it was here on GS. I thought I would just live w/o having a full game list, but I had put a lot of work into it over the years on GS. I'm now actually really glad I have a full history of my game playing again, so worth the initial hassle.

Earl-of-Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 Earl-of-Death
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

For some strange reason the website won't let me log out of my profile. Any suggestions?

Earl-of-Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Earl-of-Death
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Never mind. I got it to work.

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#65 beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts

Create a "tracked games" stack. I really don't like how the games I'm following are thrown in as "objects" beside shows. Editing games out of the following list is cumbersome. You have to click the game to go the game's page, then click unfollow. Why can't it just be done from a "followed games" stack?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#66 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

There is not much flair to them, but they work.

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

For some reason my last few posts haven't shown up. I would appreciate if someone could look into it. Thanks.

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#69 beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts

Why can't I add a game to stack from the game info page?

dshaw62197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 2

#71 dshaw62197
Member since 2003 • 50 Posts

Having the same issue as GeminiEntity. My "games currently playing" comes up empty even though I have four games in the stack. Tried to edit one of my custom-made stacks and the game would not add.

TheLoneMortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TheLoneMortal
Member since 2011 • 135 Posts

Same issue as the 2 above are having.

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 anarayan

^^^^^

Agreed. Custom stacks are broken.

TheLoneMortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TheLoneMortal
Member since 2011 • 135 Posts

Alright, they're working again.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#75 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I've been having trouble seeing images uploaded when it comes to posting blogs on GameSpot every time I upload an image nothing appears on the screen next to the text I'm typing up

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 anarayan

GS score is not displaying correctly for all games in my stacks. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4384 Posts

comment section . not in forum is simple not showing up anymore with firefox browser

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#78  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

@firedrakes said:

comment section . not in forum is simple not showing up anymore with firefox browser

The comment sections on articles is embedded script from livefyre.com and fyre.co - make sure you're not blocking scripts from either of them and refresh the page. There's also been some issues where it randomly fails to open, but refreshing a couple minutes later normally fixes that.

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

I can't report any spam because of the "404 Error" bug. Whenever a spambot shows up, it always posts spam, then leaves with a view count of "0" and a "404 Error" bug. This is getting annoying, as we can't do anything to report spam because of that bug! And it's been going on for days! When will it be fixed?

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By firedrakes

nope it stop working since last week. and i am not blocking anything that use that

Haruko-sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 10

#82  Edited By Haruko-sama
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts

I don't see how I can add games to my stacks, neither in the game pages or in the edit stack page. Either it's not working or I don't get it :/

The reason I got an account on Gamespot in the first place was to 'list' my played games etc. The previous lists, 'collections', were not ideal and I was excited about the stacks. But since the stacking system has been implemented suboptimally (not at all user-friendly), this makes me very :(

I don't understand why either, there are plenty of sites around that make listing and rating very easy, for instance I use GoodReads for my books, which is user-friendly and very quick/easy to manage. I hope the stacking system will get some attention since it surfaced quite a long time ago and just isn't living up to its potential.

So additional to my call to Gamespot to work on the stacks, I wanted to ask: Is there currently a way to add games to customized stacks?

EDIT: Ofcourse I find the way right after posting in the forum :< search bar on the top right.

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 anarayan

It is not ideal, and it is very cumbersome, but that is, unfortunately, the only way to add games to the stack right now.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 firedrakes

i can confirm does not work on chrome on another pc and tablet

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 anarayan

I wish there was a way where we can order the stacks themselves (as opposed to ordering the games within the stacks). Put the most often accessed ones at the top, and the least accessed ones to the bottom... Just thinking out loud.

THE_STAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#86  Edited By THE_STAR
Member since 2004 • 105 Posts

Hi all :)

I have no idea where to post this, so I'll try here:

I can't remove Ghouls 'n' Ghosts from my following list. Think the problem is that the Commodore 64 version is removed from the game here on GameSpot. http://www.gamespot.com/ghouls-n-ghosts/. This is what that comes up when entering the link from my following list, but it would be more accurate to put Commodore 64 version here: http://www.gamespot.com/ghouls-n-ghosts-1989/ (This one has the correct European cover). Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghouls_%27n_Ghosts. If the game gets re-added in the database, the problem with the removal from the following list will solve itself, I hope.

Any help/fix would be a great help. Thank you :)

***Fixed*** :-D

thiagodcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#87 thiagodcf
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts

* When you add a game in a default stack the score of that game disapears (at stack only; at game pages stills ok)

* Switch to Ranked button on "stack editor" page never worked

* Want to add a game to any of my stacks from main page of the game (like old times)

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By anarayan

Why has this thread has been unstickied? There are so many bugs in stacks now. And each game doesn't even have its platform listed. Are you guys giving up on fixing this feature? I hope not...

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#89 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

@anarayan said:

Why has this thread has been unstickied?

Because of the other common issues sticky, which has a link to this one. It's supposed to stop the forum being cluttered with half a dozen sticky threads.

areeque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By areeque
Member since 2004 • 172 Posts

@DigitalDame Thank you for starting this thread.

1. It is currently possible to add a game to a stack more than once! No error is presented.

2. A game cannot be added to stacks from the game's page. I'm sure I'm the first to say this. :P

At the risk of sounding pushy, is there a working group tasked to make Stacks better? Is this even a priority for GS management? Are you allowed to comment? I love stacks! Let's get it functional! :D

Thanks for all you do.

patinchuot4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By patinchuot4
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I am also interested in this issue, thank the experts advise...

http://source-projects.appspot.com/project/homemate.html

Grimkillah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#92 Grimkillah
Member since 2010 • 234 Posts

XCOM: Enemy Unknown missing, unable to add.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#93  Edited By rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@Grimkillah: http://www.gamespot.com/profile/edgework/stacks/this-is-my-stack/75859493/ It's there... Do you not want "the complete edition" ? That's the only version we have in our database.

Grimkillah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Grimkillah

@edgework: Thank you for the fast reply, however there is a different XCOM: Enemy Unknown in the Gamespot database, but stack can't seem to find it.

http://www.gamespot.com/xcom-enemy-unknown/

Could you see why it isn't so? Thank you.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#95 rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@Grimkillah: Looks like it was a problem in our Games DB. It's been fixed. Try again.

Grimkillah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Grimkillah

@edgework: Yea, added XCOM EU to my stacks now, thank you!

Haruko-sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 10

#97 Haruko-sama
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts

Dear all,

I have a problem with my stacks, but wasn't sure where to post, I put it here .

Basically, my stack will sort on game name, release date and Gamespot score, but not on my own rating. Does anyone know why I am experiencing this problem?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 anarayan

@edgework Missing game: Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2 for Xbox360. 1 is present and 3 is present as well, but not 2.