Okay, so stacks are far from perfect. So let's fix them! This thread has been created to help improve the current stacks feature for the site.
I've seen numerous reports, emails, forum threads, tweets, and even a few phone calls about how stacks aren't perfect. Now while I can't promise you that we will make them perfect soon, or even your specific flavor of perfect there are a few glaring issues that I believe we can all agree need improvement:
- The "search" function for a game can sometimes be... well stupid. By that of course I mean that it doesn't recognize any type of slag for a game title (Examples: MGSV, GTAIV, etc.)
- You can't add a game to a custom created stack from the game page. What I mean by that is if you say, went to the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 page, you can select to follow a game and add it to one of 3 stacks. (I want to play this, I'm playing this, and I've finished this).
- When clicking "Rate" for the game, it opens a new window for the game in question where you can "rate" the title or "review" it. I will admit that I feel that this can sort of feel like a bit of a emersion shock (say, if you wanted to just quickly rate several games in a row, but not give them a proper review). But this might be in place to prevent flooding. I'll check on that.
- Attempting to edit a stack takes a very long time to load (even with a stack as small as 50 games).
- None of the edit features work.... Oops. At the top of stacks there are options to move, copy, remove, etc, yet you're unable to click on any of these. In fact, all you can currently do is exit editing. Some games are also missing the ability to rate within the stack, which is just weird.
- No way to sort your list.
If you have anything that you would like to add to this list by all means feel free to do so, I simply ask that you maintain a respectful tone in your post. I understand that bugs are frustrating but getting salty about an issue doesn't help anyone. As always, keep it classy GameSpotters. And I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.