new video player is not working

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ideuss_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ideuss_
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I'm so pissed off since you change the video player! Why no more youtube? My downloader try to download all the video instead of playing them! When my downloader is off nothing work black screen! I got flash player updated using firefox! With IE is doesnt work either...

This website is becoming heavy with all your recent update.... can't you keep the website clean and not overwhelming?

neur0sis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 neur0sis
Member since 2004 • 1659 Posts

I'm so pissed off since you change the video player! Why no more youtube? My downloader try to download all the video instead of playing them! When my downloader is off nothing work black screen! I got flash player updated using firefox! With IE is doesnt work either...

This website is becoming heavy with all your recent update.... can't you keep the website clean and not overwhelming?

Ideuss_
Sorry to hear you are having issues with the new updates. Our previous video player was similar to our current new one, and we rarely use YouTube embed players. We'll need a little more information to see if we can help you out. What operating system (version), Firefox version, Flash version are you using? Are you using any sort of Ad Block plugins or scripts? Have you tried simple things like clearing browser cache? Unfortunate that you seem to think the site is becoming "heavy" with the updates, as the pages, player and images have gone under a lot of optimization to lighten up the page load and load times for video players. We've tested a significant decrease on page weight in all of these with the recent updates.
Copernicus79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Copernicus79
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
First of all congrats on the improved layout, I really like it :) Nearly all the old mpg videos from before 2006 will not play as they did before the update. I can't watch or download the old Morrowind review video here: http://www.gamespot.com/the-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind/videos/the-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-video-review-2865129/ I was able too watch it 30 days before but now it's not even possible too download. The download link seems too be broken somehow. The same is true for 50% old the videos from before 2006 as far as can see. Here is a few other videos that can't be watched or downloaded: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Video Review (PC). Watchable but can't be downloaded: http://www.gamespot.com/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas/videos/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-video-review-6127125 Grand Theft Auto III Video Review (PC). Watchable but can't be downloaded: http://www.gamespot.com/grand-theft-auto-iii/videos/grand-theft-auto-iii-video-review-2868121 Fable: The Lost Chapters Video Review (PC). Will not play and isn't possible too download. When I click download and click on Lo-Res MPEG all I get is "File not found" for this location: http://download.gamespotcdn.com/d3/gsc/rpg/fablethelostchapters/fable_tlc_vr_pc_091605.mpg Also nearly all of the old videos and review videos including all of the old On the Spot show episodes from before 2005 is either unplayable or the download link is not working. For just a few weeks all videos was working including the old mpg and wmv files, but now it seems that all the old video content is inaccessible. Please fix this video playback and downloads/server issue soon.
Copernicus79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Copernicus79
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
A special thanks for fixing Fable: The Lost Chapters Video Review download links. GTA III and GTA San Andreas is also both watchable and can both be downloaded in MP4 Hi-res and original QuickTime format. Perfect job :) The Morrowind video review is also watchable again, but can't be downloaded yet. Anyway keep up the good work.
neur0sis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 neur0sis
Member since 2004 • 1659 Posts
[QUOTE="Copernicus79"]A special thanks for fixing Fable: The Lost Chapters Video Review download links. GTA III and GTA San Andreas is also both watchable and can both be downloaded in MP4 Hi-res and original QuickTime format. Perfect job :) The Morrowind video review is also watchable again, but can't be downloaded yet. Anyway keep up the good work.

@Copernicus79 - These should all be fixed. The ones that do not have a High Res option were created before we encoded to High Resolution, or the original source file was lost. If there is a download available, it will be the highest quality in the database. Unfortunately, some will only be low res.