New site is really BAD!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skruffens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Skruffens
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I have used gamespot for a very long time, but this new version of it is so bad that I don't use it anymore.

Hard to find games and it's really just a big mess!

Before it was amazing good! Easy to navigate etc. But now it feels like crap to navigate.

Don't try to improve the new site, just give us the old one!

Why change something that works??

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

the new layout is nice. it looks sleek and professional. it does have a plethora of bugs, but they will be fixed eventually. this layout can be improved upon, and I honestly don't see the old layout making a return. it would be spectacular to have it back, but there were some BAD bugs on the old layout, and too much work has gone into this one to warrant a rollback.

orbit1star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 orbit1star
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts

I have to agree with this. Since the change I've found myself using it less and less. The game lists lack the features I used, links are frequently broken, pages don't match what the main feed says. The whole thing is a jumbled mass of visual noise, and usability is garbage.

Mr_KMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Mr_KMG
Member since 2003 • 2971 Posts

@leon2365 said:

the new layout is nice. it looks sleek and professional. it does have a plethora of bugs, but they will be fixed eventually. this layout can be improved upon, and I honestly don't see the old layout making a return. it would be spectacular to have it back, but there were some BAD bugs on the old layout, and too much work has gone into this one to warrant a rollback.

I would take a some what buggy website with useful tools and features over a newly designed sleek website that has little to no features and is just as buggy....

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By leon2365

@Mr_KMG said:

@leon2365 said:

I would take a some what buggy website with useful tools and features over a newly designed sleek website that has little to no features and is just as buggy....

same here. that's why I said it would be nice if we could get it back. though I wont lie, I do like the new layout better. I prefer the new look, but I prefer the old functionality.

estugarda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 estugarda
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

@leon2365 said:

I don't agree. As a graphic designer with 10+ years of experience, I can without any hesitation state that this is not sleek. Besides being non-user-friendly, hard to navigate and nonfunctional, it's also generic and derivative. As I user I can't find any point to justify the redesign. Everything seems to be worse to me.

gutworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By gutworm
Member since 2011 • 37 Posts

the new site is plain disguisting. it reminds me of one time when me and some buddies went out friday night and one of them brought jack daniels he stole from his parents which we emptied the four of us and then we went to smoke a joint quite drunk as we were... i remember after that joint that night i puked all over 2 of my buddies, idk it all happened so fast i couldnt hold it and i just belched it out before i could idk turn away or react at all basically. anyway it was a disguisting site, trust me, just as disguisting as this site is right now. i think someone should get fired over there.

Shadow_Dancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8  Edited By Shadow_Dancer
Member since 2003 • 82 Posts

The site is so slow it's painful, so I go and look elsewhere.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

The website's functionality is okay, it's not good. The main problem is how slow the website is.

I don't know why they couldn't have just picked a fast premade forum suite and customized it... instead of w/e this is.

DSLreports I get a high ping of 100 to, but the forums load extremely quickly.

Gamespot I get 90 to which is not ideal but it just takes forever to load anything.

Avatar image for CrazyDutchwoman
CrazyDutchwoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By CrazyDutchwoman
Member since 2004 • 39 Posts

I like the new layout but I have just spend nearly 2 hours changing my list stack as it is now called (rolls eyes) with all the games I own. I kept on saving every time i made changes. There were many games with Japanese names on my list so I added different titles and changed the order.

Guess what, all my work has been for nothing apparently cause all of a sudden it is back as it was 2 hours ago evne though I saved every time.

Give me back the old way where I could easily see which ps2 or nes games I had.

And this site is soooo slow!

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By leon2365

the stack issue is most likely because even though you clicked "save," a red bar appeared at the top of the page that said "there was a problem saving changes" or something along those lines. if it appeared green instead and said something like "changes saved," then you at least get the green bar, but it still doesn't work either way. though it is very unlikely you saw the green bar.

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#13  Edited By beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts

@GeminiEntity said:
@estugarda said:

I don't agree. As a graphic designer with 10+ years of experience, I can without any hesitation state that this is not sleek. Besides being non-user-friendly, hard to navigate and nonfunctional, it's also generic and derivative. As I user I can't find any point to justify the redesign. Everything seems to be worse to me.

Same here. The front page is cluttered looking and the site is not user friendly, add all the bugs in and you have a poor running website.

Yeah, I do not like the side by side different news update. The old site's chronological was better. My biggest complaint is with how completely non-user friendly the new stacks system is. I haven't updated anything in over two months, because it's too much of a pain. GS if you need more specifics, contact me.

NilsenesliN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14 NilsenesliN
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

when is this site going to be bug free? its been months and still i cant click on anything on my profil.. Seriously this is soo stupid
Everything i click on gets me off this site and a message cant find it/site not responding/ not there..
Its just unbelieveable amount of bugs and errors on here.

Looks like they have alot to work with and fix on this site now.
I liked the old site more. The profil setup there was much better, and the new one is just retarded.
Not enjoyable to use at all.