Idea for an emblem...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 vatterott
Member since 2006 • 1842 Posts
You know how it says how long you have been a member? How about an emblem for the times you have logged on? Only one counts per day, and maybe the increments could be 500 times, 750, 1000...every 250. It'd be pretty sweet, I think.:D
rety5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 rety5
Member since 2006 • 2261 Posts
It would be too easy to earn. Also there already is an addicted emblem, but how long on gamespot you have to stay logged in for to earn it is a mystery (as well as if they still hand them out.) So nope I whole heartedly reject this idea.
vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vatterott
How is it too easy? It would take over a year just to earn the 500 one.
EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
It would be too easy to earn. Also there already is an addicted emblem, but how long on gamespot you have to stay logged in for to earn it is a mystery (as well as if they still hand them out.) So nope I whole heartedly reject this idea.rety5
If you're talking about the green emblem with the bloodshot eyeball, that was only given out to various members of the design team after they spent ages working on the site's re-design. As for the suggestion itself, an emblem about how many minutes or whatever you spend on the site might not be a good idea, since someone could easily earn it by keeping a page open on auto-refresh, or might not want people to know how much time they spend on gamespot. An emblem for how long you've been here seems good though, since people can't fake or manipulate their registration date.
vgm007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 vgm007
Member since 2005 • 20931 Posts

If you're talking about the green emblem with the bloodshot eyeball, that was only given out to various members of the design team after they spent ages working on the site's re-design. EJ902

I believe he's talking about the pill emblem seen in fastesttruck's profile. That one is probably hand-picked.

As for the TC's suggestion, I have to say that GameSpot's emblems mark achievements in a user's lifetime, not to say how long someone has been around for. I would like to see a stat for this, though... it could be interesting.

Phool86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Phool86
Member since 2008 • 328 Posts
How is it too easy? It would take over a year just to earn the 500 one.vatterott
If you only got 1 point/day, then it would take 500 days... Sounds just like the karma of gamefaqs. I don't like that, It requires no finesse, and it could quiet easily be abused. People could log in, get their point, and contribute nothing that day to the site.
siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts

There is a emblem for being on the site for a long time the addicted one. I think they would have to make it into something else to avoid almost the same emblem but one that counts how long you have been logged in and then at a specific hour it would give yu the emblem would be cool.

vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vatterott
A stat would be nice.