Help with an old account

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ravenbasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ravenbasher
Member since 2016 • 25 Posts

I may need a little help...

A few years back, I made a gamespot account. I didn't really have time to use it, but I was told it would come in handy. Recently, I found a good reason to use my account, and came back to try and access it. That's when I ran into a problem.

I couldn't remember my old username, or my password. However, I still had the email address I used for it, so I tried to reset the password, thinking that I'd get my username back with the email, and I could simply make a new password. Well that didn't work,
For some reason, I was not allowed to reset my password, even though I know what address I used.

After contacting support and getting no answer, I made this account with hopes of getting help.
Is there anything I can do to get my old account back?

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#2 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

Moving this to bug reporting & feedback forum, as the moderator team cannot assist with this issue.

@wemmick: Are you able to assist?

wemmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#3 wemmick
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

@ravenbasher: Did you get the email with instructions on how to reset your password? Or did that just not show up? (please check your spam folder just in case!) If you did receive the email, what exactly happened when you tried to reset the password?

ravenbasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 ravenbasher
Member since 2016 • 25 Posts

@wemmick: No, I did not. And I see some legitimate spam in that folder, but nothing from gamespot.

To be a little more specific, when I try to reset my password (this is before I can get a password reset) it begins loading a page. It does this for a while (maybe 30-60 seconds) before stopping, and telling me something went wrong, and that they (the staff probably) are working on it.

I am absolutely 100% positive that I have an account that uses that particular email address. I know this because I have updates for games and stuff from gamespot.

wemmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#5 wemmick
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

@ravenbasher: Alright, could you PM me the email address? Thanks!