Gamespot really needs to let us post on game specific forums again.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JBL81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JBL81
Member since 2012 • 101 Posts

I really hate having to go to Gamefaqs. The layout of that site is ugly, the mods are extremely banhappy, you have to wait forever for a response to any post you make, and people are just plain rude. I really hope "Gamespot" will let us post on game specific forums again, because I'm not going to Gamefaqs anymore. The only other froum site I know is IGN, but I'm not even gonna get started on how bad that site is.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
You can now just not the older archived threads.
JBL81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JBL81
Member since 2012 • 101 Posts

You can now just not the older archived threads.Dracula68

Then why is it when I go to one of the game specific forums at the top of the page it says "This forum is now read-only on Gamespot. To post topics or messages, please visit GameFAQs and log in using the same e-mail and password that you use on Gamespot"? It's like this with EVERY forum I go to.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dracula68

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]You can now just not the older archived threads.JBL81

Then why is it when I go to one of the game specific forums at the top of the page it says "This forum is now read-only on Gamespot. To post topics or messages, please visit GameFAQs and log in using the same e-mail and password that you use on Gamespot"? It's like this with EVERY forum I go to.

Up above those are the new GS-only threads OR nobody has made any in the particular forum you visit.

Here's one example of a popular game forum so it has new threads on top and if you scroll way down it has the archived one's too that are "read-only".

See what I mean now?

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

[QUOTE="JBL81"]

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]You can now just not the older archived threads.Dracula68

Up above those are the new GS-only threads OR nobody has made any in the particular forum you visit.

Here's one example of a popular game forum so it has new threads on top and if you scroll way down it has the archived one's too that are "read-only".

See what I mean now?

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing, but the threads way at the bottom of that page are the current threads on the GameFAQ Skyrim forum. Since the split, we can't post in any topic from any board from GameFAQs, only read them.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dracula68

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

[QUOTE="JBL81"]

dog64

See what I mean now?

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing, but the threads way at the bottom of that page are the current threads on the GameFAQ Skyrim forum. Since the split, we can't post in any topic from any board from GameFAQs, only read them.

Right but we can post in our own topics you see filling out the page.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

[QUOTE="dog64"]

[QUOTE="Dracula68"] Up above those are the new GS-only threads OR nobody has made any in the particular forum you visit.

See what I mean now?

Dracula68

Right but we can post in our own topics you see filling out the page.

After the "suicide" by closing them and made them read only, there's hardly any interest in most of them....IF they're ever be revived to the old activity GS had it will take at least 1 year is my guess.