MG_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MG_Love
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I have an old Gamespot account with a few reviews on there. I asked if I could import them to my new account but no ones replied. In that case, can I get help getting back access to my old account? Whenever I click the forgot password button and enter my email, it sends an email to the wrong (old) email address. The link lets me reset the password, but I can't log in with the new password (it says incorrect details). Someone help please, I don't want to lose my old reviews. So if someone can help me reset the password for my old account DAUC and then log in, I would be grateful.

P.S. If you require proof that it is my account, then just send an email to the registered email and I'll confirm it.

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5343 Posts

@mg_love: Hello,

Unfortunately, moderators don't have system access so we cannot help with password issues, but you can contact GS support directly at gamespothelpme@gmail.com and they should be able to help. If you don't receive a reply within a reasonable time frame (I'd say wait at least a week since it's not a super critical immediate issue and this upcoming week is a holiday week), PM the community manager, DigitalDame, since she is staff and can help navigate these kinds of problems.

I'm not sure what the status is on user reviews, but staff should be able to let you know what is or isn't possible (or another mod who may have seen this done).

Best of luck!

Regards,

zyxe

GameSpot Moderation Team

MG_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MG_Love

Hi @zyxe,

Thanks for your reply. I had already sent a couple of emails to that address a week or so ago and did not receive any reply. I also sent a PM to Digital Dame and posted on her wall, but she hasn't replied. I'm still hopeful that it might get sorted out. Lets see.

Regards

MG_Love

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5343 Posts

@mg_love: Well, keep us posted. I do know that PAX was recently here and that took a lot of staff hours and that this is typically the last bit of vacation time for most families, so I'd expect a delay still. But yes, keep on it and maybe @DigitalDame can help out when she has a spare minute :)

MG_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MG_Love

@zyxe: Will do. I'm from Asia and so I wasn't aware that this was a busy time for all of you. Will wait and hopefully get a reply soon. Thanks for your help though!