Is this legitimate? Nope.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I just found this in my inbox this morning, am a bit suspicious, and am looking for a little feedback from the community on what they think:

"I am the owner of Meodia and am writing you to ask if you’d like to join us in our endeavors. Judging from your posts, I am very interested in offering you a position at Meodia to reach a larger audience and grow your skillset in writing for a publication or participating in our web show. A little history: Meodia, originally launched in 2009 as a gaming website was one of the top 80,000 websites on the internet, averaging over 100,000 unique hits per month of its two most robust years. We attended many industry events, (E3, VGA's, Machinima's Inside Gaming Awards Show, Dev Studios, etc.) This time, it will launch both a publication and a webshow that will cover (movies, music, games, technology, fashion, travel, culture, food, politics, world news, sports, success, health/fitness/wellness). I’d like to talk with you more about being a part of it all. Getting review copies, doing interviews with developers, and access to industry events is a part of the business if you’re interested!

Please email me (name) at ********** referencing this PM in the event I don’t see your private message response and we can talk details! I look forward to hearing from you!"

Anyone else get this PM? I looked up the site, it looks legit. Wishful thinking gives me hope (I'd love to write about games, much less have access to industry events), but then again, who recruits for professional writers on a gaming forum?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

I just found this in my inbox this morning, am a bit suspicious, and am looking for a little feedback from the community on what they think:

"I am the owner of Meodia and am writing you to ask if you’d like to join us in our endeavors. Judging from your posts, I am very interested in offering you a position at Meodia to reach a larger audience and grow your skillset in writing for a publication or participating in our web show. A little history: Meodia, originally launched in 2009 as a gaming website was one of the top 80,000 websites on the internet, averaging over 100,000 unique hits per month of its two most robust years. We attended many industry events, (E3, VGA's, Machinima's Inside Gaming Awards Show, Dev Studios, etc.) This time, it will launch both a publication and a webshow that will cover (movies, music, games, technology, fashion, travel, culture, food, politics, world news, sports, success, health/fitness/wellness). I’d like to talk with you more about being a part of it all. Getting review copies, doing interviews with developers, and access to industry events is a part of the business if you’re interested!

Please email me (name) at ********** referencing this PM in the event I don’t see your private message response and we can talk details! I look forward to hearing from you!"

Anyone else get this PM? I looked up the site, it looks legit. Wishful thinking gives me hope (I'd love to write about games, much less have access to industry events), but then again, who recruits for professional writers on a gaming forum?

It´s spam , was not sure but i think everyone on gamespot has gotten that in their inbox, so i am sure that the mods/admins will take care off it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Reported it already.

It's ad spam.

It's been taken care of. Just add a mod to the convo to let them know you got one.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Moving to Ask The Mods.

Yeah, this was a spammer and the situation has been dealt with.

-Byshop

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Alrighty then, that confirms my suspicions. Thanks.