jadavix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jadavix
Member since 2012 • 39 Posts

I'm sick of getting notifications about Destiny but I can't see where you unfollow it.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12807 Posts

@jadavix

http://www.gamespot.com/destiny/ click on the Following button, choose the console you've picked to follow on.

jadavix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jadavix

@PredatorRules: I've done that. It just brings up a message saying "You are already following this release."

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12807 Posts

@jadavix said:

@PredatorRules: I've done that. It just brings up a message saying "You are already following this release."

Well it worked for me, I've unfollowed many old games which I didn't want to see news letters from.

jadavix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jadavix

Yeah... well, it's not working for me. I even tried it in another browser. Is there someone else I need to speak to to fix this?

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5343 Posts

@jadavix: Hello,

I tried following the game and followed @PredatorRules' directions on unfollowing and it worked fine for me. However, when I tried following on all of the consoles then tried to unfollow, it started seemingly randomly giving me the same error you got (the red banner at the top saying "You're already following this game"). I refreshed the page and use the unfollow procedure again only slowly and let the "follow" tool refresh itself, or refreshed the page in between unfollows and it appears to have worked.

You should be able to verify if it has worked by going to your profile, clicking on the number under the "Following" information at the top right of your profile page, then filtering it to display "objects" and see if Destiny is there or not. I tested this out, too, and it appears to work. You may have followed it in different consoles and then hastily tried unfollowing and it glitched.

If you try this and give it a little time to update between "unfollow" functions, and it still doesn't work, my suggestion is to report this as a bug in the Bug Reporting & Feedback forum.

Let us know if this works!

Regards,

zyxe

GameSpot Moderation Team

jadavix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jadavix

zyxe, thank you for your response. I tried doing what you suggested. As it is, the "follow" button on the Destiny page acts as if I am not following the game. That is, it shows "+FOLLOW" when the page loads. I tried following it on all the other consoles, doing a lot of refreshing, and the button changes to "FOLLOWING". It lets me unfollow for PS4/XONE, apparently, bringing up "you are no longer following this release", but with PS3/X360, it gives me the red message instead of the green one, even though the button says +FOLLOW. It appears to think I am not following the game, but it won't let me stop.

I guess I'll have to take it to the other thread.

Thanks for your help and your response anyway.

-James