Garrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Garrom
Member since 2017 • 33 Posts

Hi all. I'm a Bedroom coder and i like to invide local guys for open beta of my first game but to do so i need to link them outside forum, to my game and i wonder if i brak rules by linking outside forum. I don't find any rules so i want be safe than sorry

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

Hmmm. You didn't look very hard.

Forum Rules - Pinned at the top of the forum page...

Garrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Garrom

@goodzorr: Thanks, i totaly overlooked it but.... why is homebrew illegal ? I made my game in compliance with all laws and it is illegal only because it is a homebrew ?

Edit: To be more detailed game is free - sharealike legally build with Unity 3D engine right now only for Windows but linux and mac are planned meant as NON-PROFIT fun created when i get bored.

ps. I don't find anything in rules about links outside forum... it means it is allowed ?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Hi Garrom and welcome to the forum.

What your are describing would be against the rules that our forum has around advertising. Even if the product you are creating is going to be offered for free, it would still be advertising. Also, Off Topic is a forum reserved for non-game related topics. Since this is a question regarding the rules of this forum, the appropriate place for which question is the Ask The Mods forum, which I have now moved your post to.

Thanks.

-Byshop

Garrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Garrom

@Byshop: Well, i really wouldn't call it advertising. Isn't advertising kind of spamming ? And spamming is repeated message, right ? ....Nevermind... Do you know gaming community what allows bedroom coders to tell world about own creation ?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#6 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Advertising: the action of calling something to the attention of the public. Spamming is when you forcibly inject your advertising where it's not wanted, such as an internet forum that does not allow it. If we permitted such posts, our entire forum would be filled with people advertising their games and there'd be no room left for the intended purpose of the forum, which is for people who play games to discuss game related topics.

No, I am not aware of any internet gaming forums that permit advertising. I would suggest your look for gaming developer communities.

-Byshop