Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts
[QUOTE="caityful"]

[QUOTE="Falcon084"]I wish the GOTY would come out? Anyone hear anything?Falcon084-2

Do you reckon there will be one? There isn't one for ME1 and yet its been years since it's first release... :(

Actually they did release a version that came with the Bring down the sky DLC.

That was a Platinum Hits edition...that's what I got...

Avatar image for IndianaJones414
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 IndianaJones414
Member since 2011 • 1197 Posts

Why do a lot of you guys seem to hate Jacob? I mean from what i have read about his character he has done a lot between the events of ME1 and ME2 and has done some the same accomplishments as Shepard, minus the fact he never became a Spectre. Is it the way the game seemed to make him?

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

Why do a lot of you guys seem to hate Jacob? I mean from what i have read about his character he has done a lot between the events of ME1 and ME2 and has done some the same accomplishments as Shepard, minus the fact he never became a Spectre. Is it the way the game seemed to make him?

IndianaJones414

I think it's just because all his backstory was already given away in that iPhone game. He hasn't got anything interesting to say about much else so I'm guessing that's why people don't like him

Have to say though, some of his lines are hilarious (heavy risk but the priize in particular :P ) 

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 rallydrifter
Member since 2010 • 346 Posts

[QUOTE="IndianaJones414"]I think I must have done like 3 to 5 playthroughs myself for ME2. lewfa1

And what classes did you play? What were your thoughts on them?

This question goes for you too rallyD.

Iv played the Soldier, Adept, Vanguard, Infiltrator, and Sentinel.  My favorite classes go as

1. Infiltrator 2. Soldier 3. Adept, Vanguard, Sentinel.  I can't decide between those 3.

I'm about to start my Engineer profile.

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 lewfa1
Member since 2011 • 240 Posts
[QUOTE="lewfa1"]

[QUOTE="IndianaJones414"]I think I must have done like 3 to 5 playthroughs myself for ME2. rallydrifter

And what classes did you play? What were your thoughts on them?

This question goes for you too rallyD.

Iv played the Soldier, Adept, Vanguard, Infiltrator, and Sentinel. My favorite classes go as

1. Infiltrator 2. Soldier 3. Adept, Vanguard, Sentinel. I can't decide between those 3.

I'm about to start my Engineer profile.

You're in good company, there is a lot of love for both the Soldier and Infiltrator classes around these parts. I hope you enjoy the Engineer, that's my second favorite class. The combat drone is very handy!

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 IndianaJones414

The only class I really dont like playing is probably the engineer because there really isnt much you get.

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#57 Falcon084
Member since 2009 • 8778 Posts
[QUOTE="Falcon084-2"][QUOTE="caityful"]

[QUOTE="Falcon084"]I wish the GOTY would come out? Anyone hear anything?majinstrings

Do you reckon there will be one? There isn't one for ME1 and yet its been years since it's first release... :(

Actually they did release a version that came with the Bring down the sky DLC.

That was a Platinum Hits edition...that's what I got...

Maybe the next Platinum Hits edition will have them.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 IndianaJones414
I have just restarted playing Mass Effect 2 on the Xbox 360, there is so much of a big difference between playing it on Xbox 360 and playing it on PS3. The PS3 version seemed to ignore a lot of minor decisions from ME1. For example when I let a Asari girl go on Virmire, she reapparead in ME2 on the planet where I find Grunt.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 majinstrings

I have just restarted playing Mass Effect 2 on the Xbox 360, there is so much of a big difference between playing it on Xbox 360 and playing it on PS3. The PS3 version seemed to ignore a lot of minor decisions from ME1. For example when I let a Asari girl go on Virmire, she reapparead in ME2 on the planet where I find Grunt. IndianaJones414

Ah, yes...I hope she appears in some strange way in ME3 :lol: Well, if you let her live, of course...:P

Also, if Fist survived in the first game, he'll be in Omega in ME2...if you gave Tali the data on the Geth in ME1 from doing that side-quest, you can use it as a dialogue option when you first encounter her on Freedom's Progress...there's quite a few things...

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 IndianaJones414
Thats the problem with PS3 version, they only focus on the major plot revolving decisions, they really dont allow you to explore all the minor decisions, the comic overview on the PS3 version seems so vague when they summarize ME1, compared to actually playing it firsthand.
caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 caityful
Member since 2010 • 1210 Posts

Thats the problem with PS3 version, they only focus on the major plot revolving decisions, they really dont allow you to explore all the minor decisions, the comic overview on the PS3 version seems so vague when they summarize ME1, compared to actually playing it firsthand. IndianaJones414

Just another reason why this series is best on it's original console, the xbox. Stick with it, friend :)
Give the PS3 a a break. 

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 lewfa1

[QUOTE="IndianaJones414"]Thats the problem with PS3 version, they only focus on the major plot revolving decisions, they really dont allow you to explore all the minor decisions, the comic overview on the PS3 version seems so vague when they summarize ME1, compared to actually playing it firsthand. caityful

Just another reason why this series is best on it's original console, the xbox. Stick with it, friend :)
Give the PS3 a a break.

I'm glad you made that comment caity because it brings up a question I've been wondering about for a long time.

I've never played the ME series on any system other than the 360 but I have watched many ME videos on YouTube and noticed that many of the people who post their videos there are playing on a PC. What I can tell from watching the videos of the PC players and the 360 players side by side and also comparing the PC players to my own experience on the 360 is that the game seems to play differently on the PC.

The biggest difference I can see has to do with access to powers. In my 360 version, I have access to 5 powers at any given time without pausing the game to bring up the power wheel. Each bumper button has a power, the right and left d-pad buttons each have a squad mate power and the Y button has my special ability. I can also have a sixth power active if I arm my weapons with a special ammo type. If I need to access any other power than the ones that I've already mapped I need to pause the game and access the power wheel. Now the difference I've noticed between my 360 play and the PC players is that they have access to 8 powers (plus one more ammo power) at any given time. They can map a combination of their squaddie powers and their own to the key pad. They show up as a row of icons in the upper left corner.

Now 5 to 6 powers along with your weapon is a lot but compared to the 8 or 9 powers that the PC players are using without pausing the game it really makes a difference in how the game is played from one system to the next. When looking at them side by side the PC players seem to have a much smoother play experience without having to pause the game nearly as much.

Now I know that this isn't System Wars and conversations (or let's be honest, arguments) about which system is best should be conducted over there. And I'm not trying to have that argument here. I'm also not doing a new thread because I'm keeping all of the questions ME2 related. My questions to everyone about Mass Effect 2 are this, how did the system (PC, 360 or PS3) on which you played the game have an impact on your experience? If you played on more than one type of system, how did they compare? What are the differences that you have noticed between the systems regarding ME2 gameplay?

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 IndianaJones414
I personally would never play a Bioware game on the PC, to me the PC seems a lot better for first person shooters. I dont know how Mass Effect 2 would play on the PC.
caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 caityful
Member since 2010 • 1210 Posts

I personally would never play a Bioware game on the PC, to me the PC seems a lot better for first person shooters. I dont know how Mass Effect 2 would play on the PC. IndianaJones414

Like playing snooker with a bazooka. Or, rather, quite simply its freaking awesome. PC is a wonderful platform for RPG's, both Mass Effect games work spectacularly on the PC.

That being said, it's all to do with the gamer. You can't use a gamepad/controller in ME1 (to my knowledge) and I'm assuming its the same for ME2. So mouse and WASD is the way to go. 

Personally, I've completed playthroughs on my 360 and found it enjoyable. But the PC version feels more native. Plus, if you don't have a decent TV, the graphics on your PC monitor definitely pick up where the TV let down.
I have an awful old-skool TV to play xbox on, and can't read text onscreen, but, naturally I've not had that problem with the PC. That being said, I haven't gotten very far in my PC playthrough, because gaming has chewed out my graphics card :( 

Also, Lew... You scare me sometimes. With all that knowledge of how many powers per button. :| 
Hahaha it's brilliant though.
:lol: 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 IndianaJones414
I have an HD tv the graphics look fine on my TV for any of the Xbox 360/PS3 games. I never played any of Bioware games on PC before.
lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lewfa1

I have an HD tv the graphics look fine on my TV for any of the Xbox 360/PS3 games. I never played any of Bioware games on PC before. IndianaJones414

But you have played Mass Effect 2 on two different console systems haven't you? How did they compare to one another Indie? I understand that the PS3 version has a lot of content that the 360 players had to wait months to play as DLC. What was that like?

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 IndianaJones414
The PS3 version looked just like the Xbox 360 version, the only difference between is the DLC is already downloaded on the PS3, minus the Arrival DLC. I liked the Xbox 360 version a little better because you actually get to experience every decision from ME1.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 majinstrings

I'm finishing up my 2nd playthrough as my default Shepard and noticed something I thought was a little strange...

Just came across Rothla in the Dranek system of the Krogan DMZ cluster...it's surrounded by what appear to be 5 moons...each time the Normandy passes over one of the moons, that sound goes off that usually indicates you can 'Enter Orbit'...except the option doesn't pop up...you can only enter orbit on Rothla...

So, I was wondering if this was part of some mission that got cut from the game...?

The info on Rothla seems pretty interesting, too...

...Maybe something we'll see more of in ME3?

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Falcon084

I'm finishing up my 2nd playthrough as my default Shepard and noticed something I thought was a little strange...

Just came across Rothla in the Dranek system of the Krogan DMZ cluster...it's surrounded by what appear to be 5 moons...each time the Normandy passes over one of the moons, that sound goes off that usually indicates you can 'Enter Orbit'...except the option doesn't pop up...you can only enter orbit on Rothla...

So, I was wondering if this was part of some mission that got cut from the game...?

The info on Rothla seems pretty interesting, too...

...Maybe something we'll see more of in ME3?

majinstrings

Cool. That's the best evidence of a super weapon for ME3 yet!

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 IndianaJones414
That could be, I want to do at least a couple more playthroughs of ME1 and ME2 before ME3 comes out.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 majinstrings

I'm not sure if I've ever brought this up before but does anyone else have a problem with Cerberus slapping their logo on everything?

In ME1, there were no Cerberus logos anywhere...that makes sense since Cerberus is supposed to be a super secretive black-ops group...

But in ME2, Cerberus had logos on everything! Crates, shuttles, ships, weapons, uniforms, windows, armor, the Normandy SR-2...they even put the giant logo on the secret Lazarus station they were rebuilding Shepard in...I'm surprised there wasn't a Cerberus Souvenir Shop somewhere on the Citadel selling TIM dolls, Humanity First postcards and Cerberus shoelaces...

Now in ME3, they're still putting the logo on everything...soldiers, mechs; even their Shepard assassins...they're not even trying to be secretive anymore...maybe that's why most of them were arrested in Retribution :P

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lewfa1

I'm not sure if I've ever brought this up before but does anyone else have a problem with Cerberus slapping their logo on everything?

majinstrings

Yes, it bugged me too. When you walked around a Cerberus Station there was a GIANT logo on a wall in every room. Apparently all Cerberus employees suffer from short term memory loss and need to be reminded where they are when they walk into the next room, "Oh that's right, I'm on a Cerberus station. Now what was I doing again?"

And your right, Cerberus is supposed to be an underground, secretive paramilitary group that is under investigation by some governments and considered and illegal terrorist organization by others. How covert can a member be when there is a large, bright gold emblem right on the uniform that just screams "Hay, I'm over here, come arrest me!!"

I know that they are supposed to be full of themselves and proud but the logo on everything was a bit overboard. Out of curiosity, what finally brought this up two years after the game was released?

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 majinstrings
[QUOTE="majinstrings"]

lewfa1

Yes, it bugged me too. When you walked around a Cerberus Station there was a GIANT logo on a wall in every room. Apparently all Cerberus employees suffer from short term memory loss and need to be reminded where they are when they walk into the next room, "Oh that's right, I'm on a Cerberus station. Now what was I doing again?"

And your right, Cerberus is supposed to be an underground, secretive paramilitary group that is under investigation by some governments and considered and illegal terrorist organization by others. How covert can a member be when there is a large, bright gold emblem right on the uniform that just screams "Hay, I'm over here, come arrest me!!"

I know that they are supposed to be full of themselves and proud but the logo on everything was a bit overboard. Out of curiosity, what finally brought this up two years after the game was released?

:lol: I'm not sure...it's been on my mind for a while...but it never seemed to be on my mind while on the forums...maybe I suffer from the same short-term memory loss as the Cerberus employees :P

I think my last playthrough of ME2 just reminded me...it just popped to the forefront of my thoughts while doing the Derelict Reaper and Project Overlord missions...it also pops into my head occasionally when I see ME3 videos that show Cerberus soldiers...it just makes me think: "If you're trying to kill Shepard, don't do it in your bright white armor with a big Cerberus logo on it...that way, if you fail, Shepard won't know that Cerberus is trying to kill him...assassin's aren't supposed to let you know who they're working for..."

...Almost certain that if you saved the base for Cerberus, they'll make a Reaper with a bunch of unnecessary Cerberus logos on it...

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 IndianaJones414
That is kind of wierd to see Cerebues' logo everywhere you look,
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 N7v1K0
I read somewhere that the Cerberus logo is actually the Cord-Hislop logo, a legitimate starship manufacturing front for Cerberus. So it's like "oh they're just employees from Cord-Hislop" :P
lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lewfa1

I read somewhere that the Cerberus logo is actually the Cord-Hislop logo, a legitimate starship manufacturing front for Cerberus. So it's like "oh they're just employees from Cord-Hislop" :PN7v1K0

I just Google searched it and you're absolutely right! Wow!

And todays Fact Laden Fanboy Award goes to......................(opening envelope).......N7!! Way to bring out the little known, back story trivia and represent!!

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 IndianaJones414

You know what I just remembered about Cerebeus, according to Commander Shephard, he says he came across Cerebeus during his investigation of Saren, but in ME1 there was no mention of Cerebeus.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 majinstrings

You know what I just remembered about Cerebeus, according to Commander Shephard, he says he came across Cerebeus during his investigation of Saren, but in ME1 there was no mention of Cerebeus.

IndianaJones414

There was...there were actually a few side missions that dealt with taking out Cerberus bases...a character (Admiral Kahoku) ends up dying in one of them...

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 IndianaJones414
Ahh, I kind of figured thats where you would come across Cerebeus in through side missions in ME1. I am definitely playing through ME1 and ME2 again.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 majinstrings

I was just playing ME2 and noticed something that I never noticed...

Hanar walk!

Always thought they floated like the "Gasbags" on Eden Prime...

You can see a Hanar actually walking, using its tentacles as feet, in one of the security videos at the Shadow Broker base...

...um...that's all...

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 rallydrifter
Member since 2010 • 346 Posts

I was just playing ME2 and noticed something that I never noticed...

Hanar walk!

Always thought they floated like the "Gasbags" on Eden Prime...

You can see a Hanar actually walking, using its tentacles as feet, in one of the security videos at the Shadow Broker base...

...um...that's all...

majinstrings

.......I..........never........realized.......... that either. :shock:

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 N7v1K0

Lol guys you should really watch all of the Broker vids. The funniest was probably the one with Keeper 20 murdering the krogan. :P

Anyway, I'm gonna tidy up my two remaining playthroughs in the next few days. Nearly finished one, and I've yet to start the other. It'll be fairly quick though, gonna be a total scumbag renegade with nearly everyone dying in the SM :P

I actually found a new piece of dialogue yesterday. I never even realised that the Urdnot Scout in Mordin's loyalty could be saved. And I got new email to boot lol

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 majinstrings

Lol guys you should really watch all of the Broker vids. The funniest was probably the one with Keeper 20 murdering the krogan. :P

Anyway, I'm gonna tidy up my two remaining playthroughs in the next few days. Nearly finished one, and I've yet to start the other. It'll be fairly quick though, gonna be a total scumbag renegade with nearly everyone dying in the SM :P

I actually found a new piece of dialogue yesterday. I never even realised that the Urdnot Scout in Mordin's loyalty could be saved. And I got new email to boot lol

N7v1K0

Wow...after all the playthroughs you've done I can't believe you've never saved him!

I'm trying to finish up my playthroughs, too...working on my Renegade Infiltrator, now...for some reason, I took the Assault Rifle training instead of picking up the Widow on the Collector ship...I wish I hadn't...

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 IndianaJones414

I always picked up the Widow on the Collector's ship.

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lewfa1

I always picked up the Widow on the Collector's ship.

IndianaJones414

Even if you're playing an Adept?

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 IndianaJones414
I hardly ever play as an adept, i mainly play as a soldier.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 majinstrings

Alright...still working on finishing up my playthroughs and I just came across the mission where you save the Quarian (Forzan vas Idenna) and since I'm playing as a Renegade, I thought "I wonder what'll happen if I just let her die?"

So I stopped attacking the Varren and let them go right for her...she died...and then I got the CRITICAL MISSION FAILURE game-over screen...and jokingly I said "Oh, yeah...she dies and suddenly Shepard can't stop the Reapers...":P

Then I thought "Well, wait...what if there's something to that? What if she's important to ME3, somehow?"

I'm guessing it's really nothing important but I thought it was a little weird that she's not allowed to die...

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lewfa1

I'm guessing it's really nothing important but I thought it was a little weird that she's not allowed to die...

majinstrings

I know, right? People are already dying left and right so why is this one Quarian so important that the whole story of stopping the Reapers cannot continue if she dies. Very weird and I want answers.

One thing that I would very much like to see in the next game is for all of the minor characters that Shepard interacted with and/or helped such as the Quarian, Forzan vas Idenna to reappear at some point and have a real impact on the overall plot. Take Rana Thanoptis for example, she is that Asari neurospecialist whose life Shepard can choose to spare on Virmire. If she is forgiven for her works as Saren's lab assistant she then reappears under equally shady circumstances on planet Korlus working for Dr. Okeer and released again. In Mass Effect 3 I want all of this forgiveness and goodwill to have a dynamic payoff. Noveria Internal Affairs agent Gianna Parasini is another person who is due to give Shepard some payback and there are many more, Shiala who was saved from the Thorian, the Batarian who was helped get to Mordin's Clinic, the construction workers who were helped to escape the Dantius Towers. But I want the "critical mission failure" Quarian to have an extra special reappearance.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
well the Idenna is an important ship in the series, but who knows if she has anything to do with it's importance
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Falcon084

N7v1K0

My fav video was when the Krogan punched the reporter Khalisah al-Jilani :P