IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 IndianaJones414
Member since 2011 • 1197 Posts
Do you guys really think that Mass Effect is a game that needs multiplayer, look at the Elder Scrolls games, they are probably the most well made games and they don't have multiplayer in it. Why would they put it in ME3?
rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 rallydrifter
Member since 2010 • 346 Posts

Do you guys really think that Mass Effect is a game that needs multiplayer, look at the Elder Scrolls games, they are probably the most well made games and they don't have multiplayer in it. Why would they put it in ME3?IndianaJones414

Needs multiplayer?  Definitely not.

Do i like that they added it? I dont know yet, but I do have to admit that its looks like fun.

Its been stated that bioware has wanted to implement multiplayer since ME1, so they were going to do it no matter what.

Do I think they could have done something better than multiplayer?  Probably, but I'm never going to know what that might have been.

If I end up not liking multiplayer then I don't have to play it, but I'm happy for everyone else who enjoys it.

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 lewfa1
Member since 2011 • 240 Posts

[QUOTE="IndianaJones414"]Do you guys really think that Mass Effect is a game that needs multiplayer, look at the Elder Scrolls games, they are probably the most well made games and they don't have multiplayer in it. Why would they put it in ME3?rallydrifter

Needs multiplayer? Definitely not.

Do i like that they added it? I dont know yet, but I do have to admit that its looks like fun.

Its been stated that bioware has wanted to implement multiplayer since ME1, so they were going to do it no matter what.

Do I think they could have done something better than multiplayer? Probably, but I'm never going to know what that might have been.

If I end up not liking multiplayer then I don't have to play it, but I'm happy for everyone else who enjoys it.

@Indy. Was it needed? No, absolutely not, I think ME3 will be fantastic for those who chose to never utilize the multiplayer aspect of the game. BioWare have smartly developed the multiplayer gameplay in a way so as to make it completely optional. Whether players engage it or not the game will go on successfully. So it wasn't necessary that they developed it in the first place, it wasn't needed. But that being said neither was the Cerberus Network or much of the DLC and for many players they loved the game just as much without it. Let's not forget that not everyone has XBL, Playstation Network or an internet enabled computer that's strong enough to handle these games. Many, many people have played ME1 and ME2 as it is just out of the box. GASP!!

BioWare has always included extra bells and whistles with this game series. Most game franchises have just the games but this one has books, print and online comics, some still in the works movies, a variety of different versions that offer various extras and all sorts of tie in goodies. Think of that ugly as hell Dragon's Age armor that you could pick up as a tie in with that game. It made Shepard looks as if he was about to get on a horse and go jousting but it was really kick a$$ if you were playing an Adept with it's 15% biotic bonus.

@rallydrifter. But as rallyD pointed out, the game devs have stated that multiplayer was something that they envisioned for the series from the very beginning and because the game has grown and changed with each installment, now is the perfect time to include their vision. Furthermore, the game was developed by the BioWare folks in Canada and the company wanted them to remain completely focused on the core of the game to the very end so the multiplayer was given to the new BioWare developers in Texas. This ensured that there were no distractions during ME3's development and the game without multiplayer remains uncompromised. So, to paraphrase rallyD, if multiplayer sucks, we don't have to play it.

But let's face it, I think everyone is going to at least want to try the multiplayer and the Galaxy At War system.

Except me because as of today I still haven't been able to replace my game console. (Sound of inconsolable sobbing)

Avatar image for IndianaJones414
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 IndianaJones414
I hope you can get a 360 soon lewfa, but I will be one of those people that will try the multiplayer. If i like it, then I will continue playing of it, if not, then I will soely focus on the single-player from here on out.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

TBH I'm looking forward to the co-op more than anything in the demo. From what I've seen so far, it looks really really impressive. And speaking of the demo, there's word going round that we'll be able to unlock it a full week earlier by fulfilling some yet unannounced task... If it's true... :D

Anyway, I'll probably be playing like this:

Soldier - Krogan, Turian

Adept - Asari

Vanguard - Drell, Asari, Human

Infiltrator - Human, Salarian

Engineer - Quarian, Salarian

Sentinel - Human

My very first character will be a Human Infiltrator :)

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 IndianaJones414

I will probably play:

Human, Krogan, Turian - Soldier

Asari, Human - Adept

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 rallydrifter
I don't think I'm ever going to touch the Humans tbh. lol
siarhei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#108 siarhei
Member since 2008 • 2971 Posts
[QUOTE="siarhei"]

Here are the possible combinations: 

Adept or Vanguard: Asari or Drell

Engineer or Infiltrator: Quarian or Salarian

Sentinel or Soldier: Turian or Krogan

So, for me - Asari Adept, Krogan Soldier, Turian Sentinel, Salarian Infiltrator, Quarian Engineer.

Lone_Warrior_66

What about humans, all classes available for humans?

Oh yeah, all classes for humans. 

siarhei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 siarhei

I don't think I'm ever going to touch the Humans tbh. lolrallydrifter

Same here, other races just sound like too much fun.
Besides, I reaaaaaallllyyy dislike the helmet on male humans. 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 IndianaJones414

I my pick human here an there, but I may try to play every species of alien.

Emac44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Emac44
Member since 2010 • 144 Posts
What are you people talking about!? Krogan Vanguard all day!!! Close range mayhem!!!
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

[QUOTE="rallydrifter"]I don't think I'm ever going to touch the Humans tbh. lolsiarhei

So that helmet is on every human character you make? It's not optional? I was afraid of that...

Isn't it the Death Mask from ME2? Never liked the design of it...

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 lewfa1
[QUOTE="siarhei"]

[QUOTE="rallydrifter"]I don't think I'm ever going to touch the Humans tbh. lolmajinstrings

I reaaaaaallllyyy dislike the helmet on male humans.

So that helmet is on every human character you make? It's not optional? I was afraid of that...

Because it's U*G*L*Y ! It ain't got no alibi it's fugly, yep yep it's fugly!!

siarhei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 siarhei

[QUOTE="siarhei"]

[QUOTE="rallydrifter"]I don't think I'm ever going to touch the Humans tbh. lolmajinstrings

I still have a glimmer of hope that it is not the same on all male humans, but it's fading with every new video.

Avatar image for Lone_Warrior_66
Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#116 Lone_Warrior_66
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts
I actually quite like the Death Mask. I don't know if there is a certain extent of customisation to your multiplayer character, perhaps it's only the colour of your armor.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 majinstrings

I actually quite like the Death Mask. I don't know if there is a certain extent of customisation to your multiplayer character, perhaps it's only the colour of your armor. Lone_Warrior_66

I was hoping that we would be able to customize the facial features of our MP characters (including aliens) but it looks like it'll just be armor pieces, color and weapons...

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 rallydrifter

Figured I would bring the multiplayer discussion back to this thread.

Here is a good article that pretty much sums up my reaction to ME3 multiplayer.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218717p1.html

siarhei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 siarhei
Btw, in case you guys haven't heard, there's a way to get early access to MP part of the demo through facebook. It's a 'viral' app which opens access when you 'recruit' a fb friend. Both recruiter and recruited get early MP access. If anyone is interested, I have it and can recruit people (pm me).
Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Lone_Warrior_66
Managed to get early PC access via facebook aswell. Must say that I quite like the multiplayer in the demo. I am curious how many maps and enemies we'll have in the final version. More wouldl definitely contribute to the logevity of the multiplayer segmen since co-op seems to wear out after a while.
siarhei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 siarhei
Managed to get early PC access via facebook aswell. Must say that I quite like the multiplayer in the demo. I am curious how many maps and enemies we'll have in the final version. More wouldl definitely contribute to the logevity of the multiplayer segmen since co-op seems to wear out after a while. Lone_Warrior_66
Lucky you! :) I'm only about to play it in 2 hours or so. We should all post our impressions at some point.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 majinstrings

Btw, in case you guys haven't heard, there's a way to get early access to MP part of the demo through facebook. It's a 'viral' app which opens access when you 'recruit' a fb friend. Both recruiter and recruited get early MP access. If anyone is interested, I have it and can recruit people (pm me).siarhei

Awesome, thanks for letting us know! :D

Just got my early access...about to try multiplayer...

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 majinstrings

Alright...I was having a lot of fun with multiplayer...but now I'm having a lot of problems...well, maybe not a lot but they are big problems...

First of all, my favorite class - the Soldier - is pretty useless...in multiplayer at least...

Isn't Concussive Shot supposed to be effective against Biotic Barriers? Because they don't seem to do much of anything against Phantoms...I think Adreniline Rush in multiplayer just makes your weapons do a little more damage for a short period of time...

Even though I didn't like playing as a Soldier in MP, I kept using him...thinking I just needed to level up and get some better weapons...

Then last night, I woke up and decided to play some multiplayer only to find that my level 16 Soldier got erased as did all my unlocked items and characters...that might have been a blessing though...started to play as an Engineer...even at level 1, my Engineer was better than my Soldier was at lv16...:|

And now, I just got disconnected from the EA Network twice while in a game with Hirasugi

I was racking up so many points I should've leveled up a couple of times and because of the disconnects, it was for nothing! You get none of your earned points when you get disconnected...ugh...

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 rallydrifter

Sorry to hear of your problems.  I've yet to run into any of those misfortunes.

I have yet to try the human soldier myself, but I have friends who have used it and none of them seem to have the problem that you are having.

P.S. have you tried a krogen soldier yet?  Probably one of the most fun things I've ever done in a video game period! :lol:

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 majinstrings

Sorry to hear of your problems. I've yet to run into any of those misfortunes.

I have yet to try the human soldier myself, but I have friends who have used it and none of them seem to have the problem that you are having.

P.S. have you tried a krogen soldier yet? Probably one of the most fun things I've ever done in a video game period! :lol:

rallydrifter

Unfortunately I haven't unlocked Krogan Soldier yet...but I keep hearing it's awesome to play as a Krogan...

Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Lone_Warrior_66

Unfortunately I haven't unlocked Krogan Soldier yet...but I keep hearing it's awesome to play as a Krogan...

majinstrings
What are you guys playing as at the moment? I am playing as: lvl 18 Salarian Infiltrator, Widow sniper rifle is a beast. lvl 15 Human Female Vanguard, new Nova power is also pretty badass :).
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 majinstrings
[QUOTE="majinstrings"]

Lone_Warrior_66

What are you guys playing as at the moment? I am playing as: lvl 18 Salarian Infiltrator, Widow sniper rifle is a beast. lvl 15 Human Female Vanguard, new Nova power is also pretty badass :).

Right now, I'm playing as a lv13 Human Male Engineer...the Combat Drone is pretty useful for causing distractions and getting Guardians & Atlas to turn their backs to you...

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 N7v1K0

I'm trying to bring every class up to level 18 and then I'll bring them up to level 20. Currently playing as Human Female Sentinel, don't really like it tbh. Every species feels squishy after playing as a Krogan Soldier :P

Btw, that combat drone w/ rockets is a beast Maj, I never realised it could be that good

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 majinstrings

I'm trying to bring every class up to level 18 and then I'll bring them up to level 20. Currently playing as Human Female Sentinel, don't really like it tbh. Every species feels squishy after playing as a Krogan Soldier :P

Btw, that combat drone w/ rockets is a beast Maj, I never realised it could be that good

N7v1K0

Yeah, I'm really lovin' the Engineer...unfortunately, the Combat Drone sometimes just sits next to an enemy who's in cover...the Drone doesn't move or attack and neither does the enemy...they both just kind of get stuck in position...until you attack the enemy...maybe a glitch? I've seen it happen a few times...

I was gonna' upgrade the Drone to do the attack that arcs to other baddies but I'm glad I did the Rockets instead...I just wish the rocket attack rate was a little faster...Still gotta' put some more points into the Alliance Training skill (I think that's what it's called) to 'up' the damage of my powers...that should make my Combat Drone's rockets do more damage too, right?

Cooldown times for my Engineer are crazy fast, too...less than 2 seconds to cooldown after using Combat Drone and less than 3 seconds after using Overload or Incinerate...there's a skill that decreases the weight of all weapons by 20% so I think I'm gonna get that so I can just spam powers...

Overload is surprisingly good...I upgraded it to arc to another enemy within a certain range and also incapacitate weaker enemies...

Also, it often completely removes the Barriers of Phantoms...which I found surprising and strange...I didn't realize Overload worked on biotic barriers...

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 IndianaJones414
I was playing through the multiplayer of the demo, its actually a lot of fun to play.
siarhei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 siarhei
[QUOTE="rallydrifter"]

Sorry to hear of your problems. I've yet to run into any of those misfortunes.

P.S. have you tried a krogen soldier yet? Probably one of the most fun things I've ever done in a video game period! :lol:

majinstrings

Yeah, Krogan is awesome. I actually played some as Krogan, and then switched to Soldier, and I agree - it is really bad. The concussive shot is just so much worse than carnage it's unbelievable. Not sure what's going on there.

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 lewfa1
Ok, downloaded demo to my laptop. It's struggeling a bit but I'm finally underway.
rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 rallydrifter

Good to hear that you might have someway to play at least!

Hope you have fun.

mdboomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 mdboomer
Member since 2004 • 672 Posts

The multiplayer is getting a bit annoying. I can't tell you how many times level 15 or higher players bail on us newer players. Give us level threes a chance!

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 majinstrings

The multiplayer is getting a bit annoying. I can't tell you how many times level 15 or higher players bail on us newer players. Give us level threes a chance!

mdboomer

:lol: I hate that!

I don't know how many times I've tried leveling up a lower level character in a group of 4 players just to have half of them leave before the end of the first wave...

Also, I'm getting a little tired of playing the same 2 levels over and over again...

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 IndianaJones414
But you can't really blame the multiplayer on that, thats more of the other players fault or their connection.
firebolt53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 firebolt53
Member since 2009 • 670 Posts
Ive finally caved and have played the multiplayer component. I have to say its superbly well designed, though I hope with other enemies n that there will be more varied objectives
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 IndianaJones414
I'm sure there is going to be all kinds of stuff to do within the multiplayer co-op.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 N7v1K0
Gold is a walk in a park now with a good squad. It's funny remembering how much of a struggle bronze was back when the demo only released :P
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 majinstrings

Has anyone else noticed a sudden surge in idiots leaving the LZ and costing the team a 'Full Extraction' bonus?

I was playing earlier and that happened on 3 different teams...I hate when people do that!

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
playing as a level 9 krogan soldier right now, and i don't see any problems with the soldier class, I'm enjoying it, and carnage is awesome!
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 majinstrings

playing as a level 9 krogan soldier right now, and i don't see any problems with the soldier class, I'm enjoying it, and carnage is awesome!KeredsBlaze

I think my original problem with the Soldier Class was that I didn't realize weapon weight affected your cooldown times...it took like 8 seconds for my Concussive Shot to cooldown :P (maybe not that long but it did take a while)

Tried Soldier again just using an Avenger and it's much better now that I can use powers more often...

And yeah, Krogan is sweet! His heavy melee is awesome and Carnage can make people explode! Yesterday, I managed to lob an Inferno Grenade into a group of 4 Cerberus Troopers and then used Carnage and they all exploded...one of the greatest things I've seen playing multiplayer :lol:

Bioware needs to make a game where you play as a Krogan during the Rachni Wars :D

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 majinstrings

This is unbelievable!

I've been playing a whole bunch, I've got an N7 ranking of 110 and I've been buying a crap load of Veteran Packs...yet I still have not received a Revenant, Claymore or Widow! :evil:

I've got Mark X of Katana, Scimitar, Viper, Mantis, Avenger and Mattock but still haven't gotten any of the 'special' weapons...now I just keep unlocking Class XP for classes I don't need XP for...

Everyone online seems to have these guns except for me...what the hell is going on!?

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 rallydrifter

This is unbelievable!

I've been playing a whole bunch, I've got an N7 ranking of 110 and I've been buying a crap load of Veteran Packs...yet I still have not received a Revenant, Claymore or Widow! :evil:

I've got Mark X of Katana, Scimitar, Viper, Mantis, Avenger and Mattock but still haven't gotten any of the 'special' weapons...now I just keep unlocking Class XP for classes I don't need XP for...

Everyone online seems to have these guns except for me...what the hell is going on!?

majinstrings

That sucks. My roomate had the widow and revenant by like level 42.  I'm currently 20 something and have the claymore.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 majinstrings
[QUOTE="majinstrings"]

This is unbelievable!

rallydrifter

That sucks. My roomate had the widow and revenant by like level 42. I'm currently 20 something and have the claymore.

Opened up another Veteran Pack and got 'customization options and class XP' for Human Engineer and Human Vanguard...both of which ended up getting nothing because I've already got all the customization options unlocked, I'm guessing...

Opened a second one and finally got a Revenant! :D

Heh...ask and you shall receive, I guess...:P

But then the next 2 Veteran Packs gave me class XP that, once again, actually gave me nothing...:evil:

firebolt53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 firebolt53
I got a widow in my first veteran pack and then the turian in my second. Since then ive just been gettin attatchments and weapons I already have. I hope in the full game there are more unlocks though and preferably a further higher difficulty and upgrade pack.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 majinstrings

Ah! Finally got a Widow...the timing is kinda cool; I only need to level up my Infiltrator once and I'll finally be done getting all my classes to 20...

Crazy how much it weighs, though...my Salarian's cooldown went from +190% to +40% :lol:

I hope the...I don't know...'drop rate' I guess for these weapons is higher in the full game...took way too long to get them...still need a Claymore...

firebolt53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 firebolt53

Ah! Finally got a Widow...the timing is kinda cool; I only need to level up my Infiltrator once and I'll finally be done getting all my classes to 20...

Crazy how much it weighs, though...my Salarian's cooldown went from +190% to +40% :lol:

I hope the...I don't know...'drop rate' I guess for these weapons is higher in the full game...took way too long to get them...still need a Claymore...

majinstrings

I hope they arent, the longevity of the multiplayer is going to derive on how long it takes for us to unlock everything. If the rate of acquiry is quicker I have a feeling more people will get a little bit bored with the game quicker. 

I think a cool thing that could be added (possibly dlc) would actual co-op missions. Maybe still following the same route of bronze/silver etc, so that more experienced teams could attempt the harder difficulties, and fights some unique enemies. Or maybe even battling some characters met in previous games (my wish is saren and nihlus) :P

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 majinstrings
[QUOTE="majinstrings"]

firebolt53

I hope they arent, the longevity of the multiplayer is going to derive on how long it takes for us to unlock everything. If the rate of acquiry is quicker I have a feeling more people will get a little bit bored with the game quicker.

Hmm...good point...well then I would like to stop getting useless class xp for characters who can't get any more xp or customization options (that's all I seem to get anymore!:evil: )

I think a cool thing that could be added (possibly dlc) would actual co-op missions. Maybe still following the same route of bronze/silver etc, so that more experienced teams could attempt the harder difficulties, and fights some unique enemies. Or maybe even battling some characters met in previous games (my wish is saren and nihlus) :P

firebolt53

Dude, that would be awesome!

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 rallydrifter

Is anyone else having trouble trying to figure out a good way to play the Drell Vanguard?

It just seems underpowered to me.