samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

Before you say "that's never going to happen." I will say: "they said the same thing about Halo." Anyway, I voted yes.

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

Actually, it's already confirmed to be happening :P

Casey Hudson said it won't be about Shepard though

firebolt53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 firebolt53
Member since 2009 • 670 Posts

Actually, it's already confirmed to be happening :P

Casey Hudson said it won't be about Shepard though

N7v1K0

It was confirmed, as such it wont be mass effect 4. Is this a good thing however...... Im not so sure

Avatar image for IndianaJones414
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IndianaJones414
Member since 2011 • 1197 Posts

If its not going to be about Sheperd, as long as they keep everything that has made Mass Effect great, I wouldn't care if they a Mass Effect 4, 5 and 6.

DPaladin23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DPaladin23
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts

If its not going to be about Sheperd, as long as they keep everything that has made Mass Effect great, I wouldn't care if they a Mass Effect 4, 5 and 6.

IndianaJones414

Have to agree with you there. Besides, it'd be nice to play from another character's POV.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IndianaJones414

The only thing is, if they were to do it from another character, I would hope they at least have it pick up at a certain frame after the events of this Mass Effect trilogy, kind of like the Star Wars saga, with the Prequel trilogy and Original trilogy.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
as long as the core gameplay, the mass effect universe, and great storytelling are there, the series could go on forever for all I care
thegamerulez1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thegamerulez1
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

The only thing is, if they were to do it from another character, I would hope they at least have it pick up at a certain frame after the events of this Mass Effect trilogy, kind of like the Star Wars saga, with the Prequel trilogy and Original trilogy.

IndianaJones414

I think if they were to do more games then prequels to the series like humans and the first contact war or later on and maybe when humans have gained much more dominance in the galaxy.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IndianaJones414
I dont know if they could a prequel, but now that you mention it, I don't see why not. Or even just do a sequel trilogy.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 N7v1K0

I dont know if they could a prequel, but now that you mention it, I don't see why not. Or even just do a sequel trilogy. IndianaJones414

There's tons of stuff for a prequel; Prothean Extinction, Rachni Wars, Krogan Rebellions, Unification War, Morning War, Relay 314, Revelation, etc.

For most of those, they would be able to give us a view from both perspectives (Council Forces and Krogan in Krogan Rebellions for example)

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 N7v1K0

BioWare could make one helluva espionage RPG about the League of One going rogue.

For anyone that doesn't know, the League of One was an ultra-covert salarian unit that consited of only a dozen individuals trained in espionage and assassination. Few members of the salarian government knew of its existance, and there was nothing distinguishing about the men in it, except the medallions they were presented with upon initiation.

When the salarians reached the Citadel, they made the secret public in order to appease their new asari allies. The League disappeared, and then re-emerged several months later when the entire salarian inner-cabinet was murdered in retaliation for what they did.

The Council dispatched several teams of hunters, none of which returned. Following this failure, they gathered 10 of their brightest operatives and sent them out too. Only 2 made it back and reported no signs of the League...

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IndianaJones414

They could also focus on the invasion of the Quarian homeworld from the Geth as well. Or maybe a look at Saren's past during his early days as a Spectre.

firebolt53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 firebolt53
Member since 2009 • 670 Posts
The problem with all these ideas is that we already know the outcome. In an RPG this cant exactly work because the main appeal with RPGs are these large stories in which we revel in finding out whats gonna happen next. The only way another trilogy would work, would have to take place after the events of ME3, preferably using a story basis that we havent even had a reference to before.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 N7v1K0

The problem with all these ideas is that we already know the outcome. In an RPG this cant exactly work because the main appeal with RPGs are these large stories in which we revel in finding out whats gonna happen next. The only way another trilogy would work, would have to take place after the events of ME3, preferably using a story basis that we havent even had a reference to before.firebolt53

Doesn't necessarily have to be an RPG does it though? Many scenarios have good RTS or FPS potential.

But if they do go with an RPG prequel, IMO they should definitely do the League. Sure, we know that the League vanishes completely and nearly all its hunters too, but how does this happen, and why exactly did the League react so violently to the actions of the government? A lot of story potential there...

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lewfa1
Member since 2011 • 240 Posts
For the same reason that I don't want to see a Star Wars 2, if the question is "would you like to see a Mass Effect 4?", the answer is no. The story of Commander Shepard was planned as a trilogy from the very beginning and many years of incredible effort has gone into making that concept a success. However, that the story of Shepard will only span three games does not mean that our visits to and experience within the Mass Effect universe needs to come to an end. Be it video games, books, comics or otherwise the stories of the Mass Effect realm should continue. The Star Wars series is an excellent example of how a story that created and described a new fantasy universe and was originally planned to be told within a certain number of "episodes" could then be expanded upon and developed into a great canon of material. New Star Wars stories, games, comics et all continue to provide great tales of adventure without being limited with the label of a sequel. Would I like to further explore the Mass Effect universe? Absolutely. However, the story of the current Reaper invasion and Commander Shepard should as planned come to an end with this trilogy. New creative endeavors would appropriately be given association to the overall series by the way the title is named and this would allow future titles to be unique to themselves. If a new title were to explore a theme that N7v1K0 suggested it might be titled, Mass Effect: The Rachni Wars.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IndianaJones414
I would prefer to know what happens next instead of what happened before the events of the games. A lot of the information that happened before the games could read through books and comics and I would like to see more games that take place after ME3.
caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 caityful
Member since 2010 • 1210 Posts

I'd like to see it tackled in some other form. RPG works well, though. Guess I'm just keen to see what they'd do with it. So long as it's not just another title churned out quickly to make money.

Due to the nature of the large Mass Effect story and universe, the next game could be about virtually anything. It'd be neat to play from the perspective of Geth, or Quarians.

Or Blasto.

Or Conrad Verner.

:lol: 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IndianaJones414
Or even an offspring of Commander Shepard, to see the legacy of what Commander has accomplished.
caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 caityful

Or even an offspring of Commander Shepard, to see the legacy of what Commander has accomplished.IndianaJones414

Shepard the third, addicted to MMORPGs, mountain dew and cheetos. Saving the world, one spider egg at a time.

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lewfa1

I'd like to see it tackled in some other form. RPG works well, though. Guess I'm just keen to see what they'd do with it. So long as it's not just another title churned out quickly to make money.

Due to the nature of the large Mass Effect story and universe, the next game could be about virtually anything. It'd be neat to play from the perspective of Geth, or Quarians.

Or Blasto.

Or Conrad Verner.

:lol:

caityful

Agreed. And, hilarious!!

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IndianaJones414
I wonder how they could tackle a MMORPG with the whole Mass Effect Universe. I am just trying to think what kind of classes, which will probably similar to the Mass Effect games, but I wonder if you could align with the Alliance or Cerebeus, or stuff like that.
Avatar image for Lightning__Evil
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#22 Lightning__Evil
Member since 2010 • 4483 Posts
If they decided to do an MMORPG it would obviously be amazing, after all they made/are making the old republic which looks to be amazing and fantastic. But I think it looks like you can only play as a human in the Old Republic but I could be wrong, mainly I just wanta say that a game where you could have the option to play as several different races would be awesome but it could complicate the story or voice work. Still having the option to go human, salarian, quarian, asari, krogan, turian, rachni, geth, or any other race would be pretty amazing.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IndianaJones414
It would probably be cool to be able to play as a different alien species in a Mass Effect MMO.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lightning__Evil
I've thought about it more and it would be cool but I honestly can't pick one species to be now that I'm thinking of it.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

I've thought about it more and it would be cool but I honestly can't pick one species to be now that I'm thinking of it.Lightning__Evil

:lol: I've got the same problem...I have no idea what I would choose to be...

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IndianaJones414
If I had to choose alien species to choose from, it would probably be either a Krogan or a Drell.
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
it would have to be Turians for me
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 IndianaJones414
A turian would be a cool one too.
caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 caityful

If I had to choose alien species to choose from, it would probably be either a Krogan or a Drell. IndianaJones414

Drell all the way! 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 IndianaJones414
Drell seem really cool for some reason, Thane was a pretty interesting character.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lightning__Evil
I think I'm leaning towards Asari myself.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 IndianaJones414

What about the Salarians?

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lewfa1
I would choose the Geth. Dynamic gameplay options!!
SciFiRPGfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SciFiRPGfan
Member since 2010 • 694 Posts

Yes! At some point, definitely. And regardless of if it again would be about Shepard or not.

However, not immediately. That means, not within next 2 or 2 and half years.

Mass Effect 2 was amazing and it is my 2nd or 3rd favoruite game of all time. However, seeing how rich and detailed can be games that have longer development cycles (Witcher 2), I think that Mass Effect would turn into something ordinary for me, if Bioware kept releasing them every 2 years.

So I am for a break which would allow Bioware to rest, reconsider the development of franchise and work on their technologies - new generation of consoles is hopefully coming.  

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 IndianaJones414
I have enjoyed playing both Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. But at least November is going to be a fun month to keep me occupied til Mass Effect 3 comes out. As far as a possible Mass Effect 4, I don't know if Casey Hudson is planning on doing with the franchise.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

Yes! At some point, definitely. And regardless of if it again would be about Shepard or not.

However, not immediately. That means, not within next 2 or 2 and half years.

Mass Effect 2 was amazing and it is my 2nd or 3rd favoruite game of all time. However, seeing how rich and detailed can be games that have longer development cycles (Witcher 2), I think that Mass Effect would turn into something ordinary for me, if Bioware kept releasing them every 2 years.

So I am for a break which would allow Bioware to rest, reconsider the development of franchise and work on their technologies - new generation of consoles is hopefully coming.

SciFiRPGfan

Yeah, I agree...

I want some time to pass and ME4 to just come out of nowhere and be a big surprise...

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts
I know it will come the 360 succesor and the PC, but will it come to the Wii U and the PS4?
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lightning__Evil

It would probably come to the PS4 but not sure on the Wii U. They need to have titles more multiplatformed in order to get the largest amount as possible to keep producing these top quality games; still not sure on how a touch screen as a controller with the wii U will work out. I'm tired of all this motion and other gimmicky stuff with the current gen.

As for a break, I agree, the only reason the turn around between the current titles is as short as it is, is because Bioware started this franchise having always had the intention of making a full trilogy. 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 IndianaJones414
That is true, I wonder how they could continue the story after ME3.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lightning__Evil
Well they have created a whole universe to play with. They could go back a few decades or forwards a few hundred years, they could essentially do whatever they wanted with it. It seems like ME3 will still be in the same galaxy as the previous titles. Maybe ME4 will be in a time when they've adapted the Reapers technology without indoctrination and it could even be the story of the first exploration into the Reaper's territory or where ever it is they come from. That would make for an interesting game but if they did that they would still need to incorporate some kind of cities or something on the Reaper side. Maybe it'll turn out that there are still some protheans on that side that weren't turned into collectors which have been slaves of the Reapers for all this time. You never know.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 IndianaJones414
I think if they should do a sequel, it should probably take place at least a 100 years, just to move away from the Shepard story arc, and they could even bring back Wrex, Liara, since there species are known for living for a long time.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lightning__Evil
They might even be able to bring back Garrus too if thats the case, I don't remember how long Turians live but I thought it was like double human years but idk.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 IndianaJones414
Yeah, I am not sure how long they said that Turians live for, but I do remember hearing that Asari and Krogans can live for a very long time.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lightning__Evil
I think either of those two can live up to or around a 1000.
cheesyjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cheesyjon
Member since 2009 • 45844 Posts
I would want to see one... but um... *real spoilers*[spoiler] after seeing the ending for Mass Effect 3, I highly doubt there will be a 4th unless it is a prequel or something. [/spoiler]
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 IndianaJones414
They also there is like multiple endings for Mass Effect 3, I beat the game too, and I didn't get everything to get a really great ending.
cheesyjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cheesyjon
Member since 2009 • 45844 Posts
They also there is like multiple endings for Mass Effect 3, I beat the game too, and I didn't get everything to get a really great ending. IndianaJones414
So you don't have to[spoiler] kill all synthetic life? [/spoiler]
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 IndianaJones414
Mass Effect 3 was NOT a bad game, to me they put way to much effort on the ending, they should have made it more simplified like in Mass Effect 2. I think that effort they put on the ending could have been put more on the battle for Earth against the Reapers. But overall, I thought the game was phenominal game. I am wondering what we could expect to see for the future of Mass Effect.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
Mass Effect 3 was NOT a bad game, to me they put way to much effort on the ending, they should have made it more simplified like in Mass Effect 2. I think that effort they put on the ending could have been put more on the battle for Earth against the Reapers. But overall, I thought the game was phenominal game. I am wondering what we could expect to see for the future of Mass Effect. IndianaJones414
effort in the ending? Thats a joke right?
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 IndianaJones414
I mean they ending way to complicated and to wierd to comprehend, but it makes me wonder what Bioware is going to do next.