Emac44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Emac44
Member since 2010 • 144 Posts
I heard a few months back that there was gonna be some kind of DLC to explains ME3's lackluster ending, when is it suppose to come out?
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

Finally got an answer!

The Extended Cut will release on June 26th on Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3 in North America and July 4th for PlayStation 3 in Europe.

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

26th of June :)

It got announced today

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

Maybe all the annoying fans can finally stop whining and complaining about the ending now. But I have a feeling it will never stop. They'll just find something else to complain about. Even if my ending isn't great and could be improved upon, I was satisfied. Quite honestly, I would rather not have an ending dlc with added content. What ever happened to people coming up with their own conclusions? Plenty of books have ambiguous endings, as well as movies. Leaves room open for discussion, which this series of endings have generated (whining too).

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 Falcon084
Member since 2009 • 8778 Posts
1.9 gigabytes! I better stop downloading so much :o
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 majinstrings

1.9 gigabytes! I better stop downloading so much :oFalcon084

I was surprised by the size of it...I wonder just how much content there is? What, do they give a conclusion to every single little quest you did in all 3 games? :P

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Falcon084

[QUOTE="Falcon084"]1.9 gigabytes! I better stop downloading so much :omajinstrings

I was surprised by the size of it...I wonder just how much content there is? What, do they give a conclusion to every single little quest you did in all 3 games? :P

:lol: It be funny if it were longer than the main game :P

guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts
Isn't it obvious??, CGI Cutscenes.
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Falcon084

2 hours to go!

http://www.thetimenow.com/canada/toronto - For everyone who hasn't set their clock to Canadian time! Like me :P

Emac44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Emac44
I've seen all four endings. They enhanced the existing ones and added a new one as a joke,but my faith in ME3 has been restored they should have ended the game like this to start with
Avatar image for IndianaJones414
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IndianaJones414
Member since 2011 • 1197 Posts
I am not to happy with the extended cut endings, it still didn't give me any kind of closure, and left me as confused as before. They still didn't explain about Shepard waking up on Earth at the end of the Destroy option, what is Bioware trying to do?
toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 toxic_jackal

I am not to happy with the extended cut endings, it still didn't give me any kind of closure, and left me as confused as before. They still didn't explain about Shepard waking up on Earth at the end of the Destroy option, what is Bioware trying to do?IndianaJones414

Wait, what? Isn't Shepard waking up on the Citadel? Honestly, I was glad that they didn't go into detail with what happened to Shepard. The breathing could represent the fact that Shepard is not dead, or the fact that Shepard is taking his/her last breath. It's open for interpretation. I don't want full closure with Shepard. If the scene is indeed Shepard waking up/dying on the Citadel (I can't tell if it would be Earth or the Citadel), it would make sense. Because the Citadel itself wasn't fully destroyed. Yet the Normandy crew seems to think Shepard is dead.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IndianaJones414
It is proven that Shepard never left Earth to begin with, I honestly do not know why they included this if they truly wanted this game to be the last game for Shepard. I would would have been cool with this ending if they truly wished to kill off Shepard, but since they didn't, the breathing scene needs further explanation, than just cutting to black. You can clearly see that he was on Earth when regained consience, The war with the Reapers never truly ended.
toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 toxic_jackal

It is proven that Shepard never left Earth to begin with, I honestly do not know why they included this if they truly wanted this game to be the last game for Shepard. I would would have been cool with this ending if they truly wished to kill off Shepard, but since they didn't, the breathing scene needs further explanation, than just cutting to black. You can clearly see that he was on Earth when regained consience, The war with the Reapers never truly ended. IndianaJones414

Now I'm confused...lol

How is it proven that Shepard never left Earth? I thought Shepard had been on the Citadel.

Emac44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Emac44

[QUOTE="IndianaJones414"]I am not to happy with the extended cut endings, it still didn't give me any kind of closure, and left me as confused as before. They still didn't explain about Shepard waking up on Earth at the end of the Destroy option, what is Bioware trying to do?toxic_jackal

Wait, what? Isn't Shepard waking up on the Citadel? Honestly, I was glad that they didn't go into detail with what happened to Shepard. The breathing could represent the fact that Shepard is not dead, or the fact that Shepard is taking his/her last breath. It's open for interpretation. I don't want full closure with Shepard. If the scene is indeed Shepard waking up/dying on the Citadel (I can't tell if it would be Earth or the Citadel), it would make sense. Because the Citadel itself wasn't fully destroyed. Yet the Normandy crew seems to think Shepard is dead.

I don't think Shepard dies in the destroy ending, because in all the other endings they don't hesitate to put his name up on the memorial with the others. While in the destroy one Liara is just holding it.
guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 guildclaws
I am not to happy with the extended cut endings, it still didn't give me any kind of closure, and left me as confused as before. They still didn't explain about Shepard waking up on Earth at the end of the Destroy option, what is Bioware trying to do?IndianaJones414
It did give the ending closure, it shows everybody celebrating after Shepard destroyed the Reaper, everybody lives and is happy, i personally prefer this ending rather than the half assed one, "color" me satisfied.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IndianaJones414
I know it shows everyone celebrating, to me it was not a satisfying ending, because it just left some questions unanswered, if they didn't bother putting the 20 sec bit of Shepard waking up on Earth, I would all cool with the extended cut.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 majinstrings

I know it shows everyone celebrating, to me it was not a satisfying ending, because it just left some questions unanswered, if they didn't bother putting the 20 sec bit of Shepard waking up on Earth, I would all cool with the extended cut. IndianaJones414

Shepard possibly being alive; that's something I can live with without it being explained or elaborated on...but they answered all the important questions I think most people had:

Are all the races able to get back to their homes, can the Mass Relays be rebuilt, how does Shepard 'control' the Reapers, what happened to the squadmates who you brought on the last mission, why did Joker leave, how does Synthesis work, stuff like that...

Now it is clear that the Mass Effect universe can continue...that's all I needed.

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rallydrifter
Member since 2010 • 346 Posts

Yea, don't really know what you mean by the EC didn't give closure Indy.  It definitely did.  The fact that it shows that Shepard could be alive is all we need.  Our minds can do the rest. 

In my mind Liara found my Shep and thats all that matters.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IndianaJones414
It did give some answers but I dont know it just feels like there is still some loose ends that still need to be tied up.
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Falcon084

It did give some answers but I dont know it just feels like there is still some loose ends that still need to be tied up. IndianaJones414

ME4

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IndianaJones414

I wonder if there could be a ME4.

guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 guildclaws

[QUOTE="IndianaJones414"]It did give some answers but I dont know it just feels like there is still some loose ends that still need to be tied up. Falcon084

ME4

Nope, they clearly said ME3 is the end of Shepard Story.
kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 kierwinyoung
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

[QUOTE="IndianaJones414"]It did give some answers but I dont know it just feels like there is still some loose ends that still need to be tied up. Falcon084

ME4

clearly even if there's a choice not to end the Reapers via the crucible.

the default Shepard would've destroyed them. 

cheesyjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cheesyjon
Member since 2009 • 45844 Posts
It was good and it closed up... but it wasn't long enough. I was prepared for something longer for 1.9Gb, but I dunno... guess not so sure how much wud go into 1.9Gb. But still kinda felt short.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IndianaJones414
It leaves me to wonder what other DLC is coming.
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Falcon084
[QUOTE="Falcon084"]

[QUOTE="IndianaJones414"]It did give some answers but I dont know it just feels like there is still some loose ends that still need to be tied up. guildclaws

ME4

Nope, they clearly said ME3 is the end of Shepard Story.

The end of Shepards story, but not the end of the series according to bioware.

cheesyjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cheesyjon
Member since 2009 • 45844 Posts
[QUOTE="guildclaws"]Nope, they clearly said ME3 is the end of Shepard Story.Falcon084

Exactly. If they do, and it's not like a history sort of game, but a future, they will probably tie in those final choices and maybe even the others from the game. You don't really need Shepard for the ME Universe.
It leaves me to wonder what other DLC is coming. IndianaJones414
Yeah. That Leviathan one looked pretty interesting, in the other thread.
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Falcon084
[QUOTE="Falcon084"][QUOTE="guildclaws"]Nope, they clearly said ME3 is the end of Shepard Story.cheesyjon

Exactly. If they do, and it's not like a history sort of game, but a future, they will probably tie in those final choices and maybe even the others from the game. You don't really need Shepard for the ME Universe.
It leaves me to wonder what other DLC is coming. IndianaJones414
Yeah. That Leviathan one looked pretty interesting, in the other thread.

And hopefuly the long roumered Omega.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 IndianaJones414
I would like for there to be the Omega DLC where we can help Aria take back Omega.
kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kierwinyoung

I would like for there to be the Omega DLC where we can help Aria take back Omega. IndianaJones414

hey... that's a great Idea, but I got the feeling they're sticking the story to the Comics. 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 IndianaJones414

Why would they do that, when we can experience it. It could be turned into a similar situation like the Shadow Broker DLC from ME2.

kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kierwinyoung

I don't know, I'm just guessing it with my gut feeling.

and I thought it's the "Invasion" comics when it first came in my head.

but if it became a DLC it would be awesome. 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 IndianaJones414

I am wondering what kind of DLC we could possibly see in the near future.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 majinstrings

IndianaJones414

I was thinking about some sort of DLC that lets us play as our old squadmates when we meet up with them in single player and see what they were dealing with when Shepard was trying to help out...

Play as Jack at Grissom Academy, Grunt during the Rachni mission, Jacob just before Shepard arrives for that mission, Samara at the monastery, Wrex on Tuchanka, Ashley or Kaiden trying to protect the Council during the Cerberus attack, Miranda at Sanctuary...

Not sure what you could do as Mordin, Thane, Kasumi, Zaeed and Legion...

Of course, a big problem with this idea is that some (possibly all) of these characters can be dead which would make it a useless DLC for some players...

kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kierwinyoung

IndianaJones414

I'm thinking more like the Rebellion Character those Ex-Cerberus operatives from Project Phoenix.

I'm thinking that Shepard will have a Mission featuring the Project.

I was interested when I read the description of the Ex-Cerberus characters. 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 IndianaJones414
[QUOTE="IndianaJones414"]

majinstrings

I was thinking about some sort of DLC that lets us play as our old squadmates when we meet up with them in single player and see what they were dealing with when Shepard was trying to help out...

Play as Jack at Grissom Academy, Grunt during the Rachni mission, Jacob just before Shepard arrives for that mission, Samara at the monastery, Wrex on Tuchanka, Ashley or Kaiden trying to protect the Council during the Cerberus attack, Miranda at Sanctuary...

Not sure what you could do as Mordin, Thane, Kasumi, Zaeed and Legion...

Of course, a big problem with this idea is that some (possibly all) of these characters can be dead which would make it a useless DLC for some players...

That could be an interesting idea, but with the exception of the multiplayer, I cant imagine playing as the squadmates.

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 toxic_jackal

For all of those who have the Extended ending DLC, you seriously need to watch this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA5MU7MmGvc&feature=relmfu

Omigod, the first time I saw this I just couldn't stop laughing. Watch it for the Elcor alone!:lol: 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 IndianaJones414
That was just to funny, but wierd at the same time.
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Falcon084

For all of those who have the Extended ending DLC, you seriously need to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA5MU7MmGvc&feature=relmfu

Omigod, the first time I saw this I just couldn't stop laughing. Watch it for the Elcor alone!:lol:

toxic_jackal

Put it HERE with the rest :)