Your Hat Can Fall Off In Red Dead Redemption 2, And Then You Can Pick Up Another Hat
This is the feature we've been waiting for.
Rockstar Games has confirmed another small but intriguing detail about Red Dead Redemption 2. We discovered in our preview recently that main character Arthur Morgan can lose his hat if he falls down hard enough. Thankfully, you can pick your hat back up. Or...you can pick up someone else's hat, like a true outlaw.
In the session I played, my hat fell off during a scuffle with lawmen. A sheriff also lost his hat in the battle. So I picked it up and put it on. I was intrigued to know if the authorities would treat me differently. They did not.
While you can steal other character's hats in Red Dead Redemption 2, that does not mean you should. Also of note is that you have to physically walk over to your hat to pick it up.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: 9 Secrets You Missed Demon's Souls Remake Lore Explained NEO: The World Ends With You - Official Announcement Trailer Tomb Raider Reloaded - Official Teaser Trailer PS5 And Xbox Series X/S Accessibility Features Explained Vision's Comic Book Origins Explained | WandaVision GameSpot Extra Life 2020 | Demon's Souls With Jake And Tamoor Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Vs Modern Warfare - Which Is Better? GameSpot Extra Life 2020 | Michael Higham & Friends Firearms Expert Reacts To Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War's Guns The Hidden History Of Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla The Mandalorian Season 2 Episode 4: Easter Eggs & Things You Missed
The ability to lose your hat and then pick it back up sounds like a small detail--and it is--but it's one further step in Rockstar's ambition to make Red Dead Redemption 2 a more immersive western experience. It's full of small details like this, many more of which will undoubtedly be uncovered once the game releases on October 26. It remains to be seen what kind of hat thievery can be accomplished in Red Dead Online, which doesn't launch until November, when it debuts in the form of a beta.
For lots more on Red Dead Redemption 2, check out GameSpot's hands-on preview where we talk about new missions and discuss some of the new gameplay elements. You can learn even more through all of the stories linked below.
Red Dead Redemption 2 News And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: We Played It On PS4, Here's Everything We Saw
- Watch: We Played Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All The New Features
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Most Surprising Features And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Everything We Just Learned
- Like GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Playable In First-Person
- Here Are Red Dead Redemption 2's HUD Options
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Arthur Can Swim, Unlike John Marston
- Here's 27 New Red Dead Redemption 2 Screens
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Feature Woody Jackson's Music Again
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Has A Selfie Camera
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Lets You Drift On A Horse
- Red Dead Redemption 2's New Animal-Skinning Animation Is Truly A Sight To Behold
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Gets A Beta A Month After Release Day
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Mode Is Launching After The Main Game
- Rockstar Will Stagger GTA 5 Online And Red Dead Online Update Releases
- Red Dead Online Learns Its Lessons From GTA Online
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.