Xbox Design Lab Returns With New Color Options And More
Microsoft revives its custom-controller program with some improvements.
Following the launch of the Xbox Series X|S, Microsoft is restarting the Xbox Design Lab program that allows fans to create their own custom controllers.
As part of the Xbox Games Showcase Extended event, Microsoft said it needed to pause the program around the launch of the Xbox Series X|S, but now it's back. You can make your own custom Xbox Series X|S controller, and there is a good amount of choice. There are 18 different colors to choose from, three of which are new. You can set the colors for basically every part of the controller, down to the individual ABXY buttons.
Optional engraving is also available for an extra fee. Because they are custom-made, the controllers take as long as 28 days for manufacturing and shipping, according to Microsoft. The custom controllers cost $70 USD.
Another note from Microsoft during the event is that these new custom controllers are made from more environmentally responsible materials.
Head to the Xbox Design Lab website to get started making your own custom controller, which also works with the regular Xbox One.
E3 2021 News & Announcements
- Nintendo Switch OLED Announced, Coming October 8
- E3 2021: Schedule, Participants, And What To Expect
- Xbox & Bethesda E3 Showcase Announcements: Starfield, Halo Infinite, Diablo 2
- Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Announcements: Breath Of The Wild 2, Metroid Dread, Advance Wars
- E3 2021 Games Confirmed So Far
- Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 Announcements: Far Cry 6, Mario + Rabbids 2, Avatar
- Square Enix E3 2021 Stream Announcements: Guardians Of The Galaxy, Final Fantasy Origin, Babylon's Fall
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.