WWE Officially Clears Daniel Bryan To Wrestle Again
YES! YES! YES!
After being forced to retire due to medical issues two years ago, Daniel Bryan is returning to the ring. WWE had announced its doctors have cleared the former WWE World Heavyweight Champion to perform in the ring again.
In a statement, WWE says, "Daniel Bryan has been medically cleared to return to in-ring competition by leading neurosurgeons, neurologists and concussion experts, including Dr. Robert Cantu, Dr. Javier Cárdenas, and Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher." After announcing his retirement, Bryan never gave up on the possibility of wrestling again and went on his own to specialists around the United States in an effort to get cleared.
Now, WWE says each doctor he's seen has given him the green light, as well as the company's own Dr. Joseph Maroon. In was back in January that WWE executive Triple H told press that getting the approval from internal doctors was the only way Bryan would compete in a WWE ring again.
What this means for Wrestlemania 34 remains to be seen, however Bryan recently said in an interview that the company had a plan in mind, should he get cleared. GameSpot previously theorized that Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn could be changed to see the two team against Bryan and Shane McMahon. Likewise, a one-on-one match between Bryan and McMahon would also make sense from a storyline standpoint.
Bryan last wrestled on April 16, 2015, when he teamed with John Cena against then-Tag Team Champions Cesaro and Tyson Kidd. He was WWE Intercontinental Champion at the time, a title he relinquished on May 11 of that year.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org