Uncharted 4 Microtransaction Pricing Revealed
Uncharted Points run from $5 to $50.
All of Uncharted 4's DLC maps and modes will be available for free, but players can also spend real-world money to purchase "Uncharted Points." These can be redeemed in game to instantly unlock items that would otherwise be earned through standard progression.
Now that Uncharted 4 is available, the pricing for Uncharted Points has been revealed on the PlayStation Store.
Uncharted 4 Microtransaction Pricing:
- 500 Uncharted Points -- $5
- 1,500 Uncharted Points -- $10
- 3,200 Uncharted Points -- $20
- 6,500 Uncharted Points -- $35
- 10,000 Uncharted Points -- $50
Uncharted 4's free DLC plan should benefit the multiplayer community, Naughty Dog says, as it means players won't be divided into pools of people who have the content and those who do not. This represents an "entirely new direction" for Naughty Dog (past Uncharted games charged you for DLC maps), designer Robert Cogburn said earlier this month, but it's not a new idea in games.
Uncharted 4 launches today, May 10, exclusively for PlayStation 4. The game has been in development for years, and faced multiple delays before finally coming out today.
For more on Uncharted 4, check out GameSpot's review and recent news stories linked below.
- Uncharted 4 Review
- Uncharted 4 Story Primer: Prepare for A Thief's End
- Uncharted 4 Trophies Revealed, See Them All Here
- Uncharted 4's Nathan Drake Actor Calls It Role of a Lifetime
- Uncharted 4 Launch Brings a Nathan Drake Emoji to Twitter for Some Reason
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com