Trials Of Osiris Rewards This Week In Destiny 2 (Jan. 21-25)
The Trials of Osiris returns to Destiny 2 after a weekend away for Iron Banner--here's where you're playing and what you can win.
Update: The Trials of Osiris have ended for the weekend of January 21. Here's what you can earn and where you'll compete in the Trials of Osiris for the weekend of January 28-February 2.
It's been a bit, but the Trials of Osiris is back this weekend in Destiny 2, giving you new chances to compete in the toughest competitive battles the game has to offer. As always, this week sees a chance to grab a different Adept version of one of Trials' unique guns. Here's what you can get for going flawless this weekend in Trials of Osiris, and the map you'll be facing players on.
- Map -- The Burnout
- 20 rounds won -- Pinnacle Trials Engram
- 7 matches won -- Pinnacle Trials Engram
- Reputation Rank 10 -- Eye of Sol (Kinetic sniper rifle); after reputation reset, The Messenger (Kinetic pulse rifle)
- Reputation Rank 16 -- Igneous Hammer (Solar hand cannon); after reputation reset, Sola's Scar (Solar sword)
- Flawless run -- Sola's Scar (Adept), Solar sword
As always, Trials be available from Friday's daily reset until the weekly reset at the same time the following Tuesday. During that time, you can also pay a visit to Xur to see what Exotics he's selling. Make sure to pay a visit to Saint-14 in the Tower to pick up a Trials card, which will dictate certain bonuses (such as whether you get bonus rewards at certain milestones or if a loss will be forgiven).
Trials of Osiris is a weekend PvP mode that runs from the daily reset on Friday until the weekly reset on Tuesday, giving you four days to take part. Your goal in the Trials is for you and the other two players in your fireteam to achieve a "Flawless" run, in which you win seven matches without losing any.
Go Flawless, and you'll earn a trip to the Lighthouse and receive some special rewards, including the new Adept weapons. These have additional stat bonuses, making them among the most coveted items you can get your hands on.
Thanks to a bunch of changes to Trials this season, though, the mode is a little easier to get into than it has been. The Trials of Osiris now features matchmaking, so you can jump into matches even if you don't have a full squad of three players to take it on. Your Trials Passage, the card you purchase from Saint-14 that grants you access to the mode and tracks your wins, now does not track your losses--so you can keep playing and earning rewards even if you lose out on a Flawless run. Bungie has also adjusted Trials so that you earn rewards based on the number of rounds, rather than matches, you've won during your session, and added a reputation system that's similar to the Crucible and Gambit, making it easier to earn some of the Trials of Osiris's unique loot.
Finally, you'll earn Trials Engrams for participating in the mode, which you can cash in with Saint-14 during the weekend you receive them. Thanks to the new update, you can tune those engrams to yield specific pieces of loot, or take your chances with random drops that will expand what's available in your loot pool. So even if you're just jumping into Trials alone, there are plenty of ways you can earn great new gear.
Destiny 2 News And Guides
- Where Is Xur Today? (May 13-17) - Destiny 2 Xur Location And Exotic Items Guide
- Destiny 2 Osteo Striga Guide: How To Get The Witch Queen Deluxe Edition SMG
- Destiny 2 Weapon Crafting Guide: The Relic, Resonant Elements, Alloys, And More
- Destiny 2 Witch Queen Lepidopterist Triumph Guide: Where To Find Every Hidden Moth
- Destiny 2 Deepsight: How To Unlock Tier 2 And Tier 3 In The Witch Queen
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.