This Halo Master Chief Motorcycle Helmet Is Road-Ready
Helmet is approved by the Department of Transportation and will start shipping this summer.
Not impressed with the Halo Needler dart gun? Try this instead. Video game toys and collectibles company Neca has announced a Master Chief motorcycle helmet.
And it's not just for show. You can wear this modular helmet on the road, as Neca says it is approved by the Department of Transportation.
Below are some key features (courtesy of Neca) for the helmet, which of course is modeled after the one Halo's Master Chief wears throughout the sci-fi shooter series.
The Master Chief motorcycle helmet ships in July 2015, though pricing was not announced.
- Convenient modular design
- ABS shell with matte UV-protective clear coat
- Front air intakes reduce shield fogging; rear exhaust vents keep head cool and dry
- Reflective shield with UV protection
- Double D-ring nylon chin strap with snap secure
- Game-authentic deco
- Contoured center pad with a design that allows heat to dissipate from the top of the scalp
- Dual-layer EPS cheek pads for a firm, comfortable fit
- Center pad and cheek pads are removable and washable
- Soft, moisture-wicking material
- Eyeglasses friendly interior
- Meets or exceeds DOT standards (FMVSS 49 CFR 571.218)
- Nylon drawstring helmet bag included
- Available in S (55-56 cm), M (57-58 cm), L (59-60 cm), XL (61-62 cm)
- Limited edition
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.