Some Of The Best PC Games Of All Time Are On Sale Right Now
Steam has an awesome '0451' sale right now, discounting PC games that use the iconic Easter egg.
Steam kicks off new sales every week, but its latest one is something special. The 0451 weekend sale celebrates the iconic video game Easter egg, '0451,' discounting some of the best PC games of all time. '0451' has appeared in many video games over the years. It's most commonly used in games that some call "immersive sims," where players are given choice in how they play, and the game's systems respond in kind. The 0451 sale runs from now until August 24.
Many of the best immersive sim classics are discounted, including System Shock: Enhanced Edition for $2.49, System Shock 2 for $2.49, and Deus Ex for $1. These are the games that started it all, but a number of the games they inspired are also featured, including Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $3 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for $4.49. All three BioShock games are on sale as well: BioShock Remastered and BioShock 2 Remastered are $6.59 each, while BioShock Infinite is $7.49.
Steam's 0451 sale
- Alien Isolation -- $10 (
- BioShock Remastered -- $6.59 (
- BioShock 2 Remastered -- $6.59 (
- BioShock Infinite -- $7.49 (
- Deus Ex -- $1 (
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut -- $3 (
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided -- $4.49 (
- Dishonored -- $5 (
- Dishonored 2 -- $20 (
- Firewatch -- $5 (
- Gone Home -- $8.24 (
- Prey -- $15 (
- System Shock: Enhanced Edition -- $2.49 (
- System Shock 2 -- $2.49 (
- Tacoma -- $9.79 (
- Transistor -- $3 (
Arkane's takes on the genre are also on sale. Dishonored is $5, Dishonored 2 is $20, and Prey is $15. All three games are absolutely fantastic, giving you a ton of choice for how you want to approach every room and situation. The Dishonored games have a greater focus on stealth and supernatural powers, while Prey arms the player with a number of different guns and scientific powers.
There are also a number of indie games on sale that feature the '0451' Easter egg. Transistor is $3, Firewatch is $5, and Gone Home is $8.24. There are plenty of other games on sale as well, so be sure to check out the Steam's full '0451' sale to see them all.
The origins of the '0451' Easter egg started as the first door code in the original System Shock developed by Looking Glass Studios--this tradition continued with developer Ion Storm and its classic, Deus Ex. In a Deus Ex Let's Play, producer Warren Spector revealed that the '0451' code was the door code for the original Looking Glass Studios building.
Best Gaming & Tech Deals This Week
- Cyber Monday Nintendo Switch Game Deals - Get Exclusives And 2023 Hits For Great Prices
- Berserk Manga Deluxe Editions Are B2G1 Free And Steeply Discounted At Amazon
- Select Manga Box Sets Are B2G1 Free At Amazon - Chainsaw Man, Demon Slayer, And More
- mClassic Nintendo Switch Graphics Upscaler Gets Big Discount For Black Friday
- Dozens Of Star Wars Board Games Get Big Discounts For Black Friday
- Lego Super Mario 64 Question Block Is Only $140 At Amazon For Black Friday
- PS5 Slim Bundles Still Available - Get Spider-Man 2 Or Modern Warfare 3 For Free
- PS5 DualSense Controllers Are On Sale For Low Prices For Cyber Monday
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.