Sea Of Thieves A Pirate's Life Gameplay Trailer Revealed At Xbox Games Showcase Extended
Check out gameplay for the upcoming free expansion.
As promised, the first gameplay trailer for Sea of Thieves' new A Pirate's Life expansion has arrived, showing off more of the crossover with Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean series.
The gameplay trailer shows Captain Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones, and other familiar characters from Disney's franchise inside Sea of Thieves. We also get a peek at some of the new locations you'll explore and some of the melee combat you can expect.
Additionally, Rare announced a special showcase for A Pirate's Life coming up this Sunday, June 20, where it provide a deep dive look at the expansion. This will feature developers from Rare talking about their work on the series, while people from Disney will appear as well to discuss how the partnership came to be in the first place. The event begins at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET on June 20; keep checking back with GameSpot for more.
A Pirate's Life launches on June 22 as a free expansion to Sea of Thieves across console and PC.
In terms of the story, you're on a journey to set Jack Sparrow free from prison so he can go after some treasure. His nemesis Davy Jones is hunting him down. According to developer Rare, Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones are "more than cameo appearances" in the expansion, so you should expect to see a lot of them.
E3 2021 News & Announcements
- Nintendo Switch OLED Announced, Coming October 8
- E3 2021: Schedule, Participants, And What To Expect
- Xbox & Bethesda E3 Showcase Announcements: Starfield, Halo Infinite, Diablo 2
- Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Announcements: Breath Of The Wild 2, Metroid Dread, Advance Wars
- E3 2021 Games Confirmed So Far
- Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 Announcements: Far Cry 6, Mario + Rabbids 2, Avatar
- Square Enix E3 2021 Stream Announcements: Guardians Of The Galaxy, Final Fantasy Origin, Babylon's Fall
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.