Quake Will Be Free To Own This Weekend During QuakeCon
You can get the classic first-person shooter Quake for free starting August 7 if you tune into Bethesda's QuakeCon.
QuakeCon is one of gaming's longest-running conventions, and while you might have to watch the festivities from home this year, you'll at least get something for your troubles.
Starting August 7, if you have a Bethesda.net account and you watch QuakeCon, you'll get the PC version of Quake on the Bethesda launcher for free, according to reputable Twitter user Wario64. Additionally, if QuakeCon hits its first fundraising goal of $10,000--which seems fairly likely--you'll also receive a free copy of Quake II, the misleadingly-named sci-fi follow-up to Quake.
QuakeCon was confirmed to be a digital-only event back in late June, and it runs from August 7 to 9. You can check the rest of the schedule on the event's website, which includes a Representation in Video Games panel, a Doom Eternal panel, a look at the upcoming Dishonored tabletop RPG, and, of course, the grand finals of the Quake World Championship. There will probably be game announcements too, perhaps related to upcoming Bethesda games like Ghostwire: Tokyo and Deathloop. Don't expect too many details on Starfield, though.
Best Gaming & Tech Deals This Week
- Star Wars Collection Bundles 14 Games For $21
- 25 Free Games Are Available Now Ahead Of Prime Day For Members
- Prime Day TV Deals: Best Deals Available Now
- PlayStation Mid-Year Sale Has Big Discounts On Hundreds Of Games
- This Affordable Simulator Lets You Play Golf At Home
- Nintendo Switch Exclusives Are Discounted In New eShop Sale
- Amazon Prime Day 2022 Dates: When Is Prime Day?
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.