PS4's Fallout 4 Far Harbor DLC Updated, But You Need to Re-Download It
New version of Far Harbor "address performance issues" on PS4.
Specific details regarding what's changed weren't shared, but Bethesda's official description of the update is that it "addresses performance issues." The process for obtaining this updated version is different than for a standard game update. Bethesda offers up the following guide to re-download the updated version of Far Harbor:
- Confirm Fallout 4 is not running. Highlight Fallout 4 in your PS4 dashboard, press Options, and select Close Application to ensure Fallout 4 is not running minimized.
- Select Related Items. You’ll find this under the Fallout 4 icon in the PS4 dashboard.
- Select My Add-Ons.
- Navigate to the Download Arrow next to Far Harbor and select it.
- You should see a notice that Far Harbor has been Added to Downloads.
- Wait for the downloadable content to finish downloading and installing before starting Fallout 4.
Should this not work, Bethesda recommends deleting Fallout 4 and its DLC from your system and then reinstalling all of it. If you're in Europe, the updated version isn't yet available, but word on that is promised to be coming "in the very near future."
A performance analysis of Far Harbor following its release showed that the expansion runs at 20 FPS on PS4, with the frame rate sometimes dropping even lower than that. The Xbox One version also doesn't run at a locked 30 FPS, though it is smoother than its PS4 counterpart. Digital Foundry blamed this on the volumetric fog that is prevalent throughout the large new area introduced in the expansion.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com