PS4 racks up 69 percent of UK Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition sales
Lara's next-gen outing lands at number one in its opening week.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Just over two-thirds of the UK's opening weekend sales of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition were on PlayStation 4, chart body GfK Chart-Track has declared.
69 percent of the game's sales were on PlayStation 4, with the remaining 31 percent going to Xbox One.
The split in platforms roughly correlates what PlayStation UK MD Fergal Gara said last week: Sony sells 1.5 PlayStation 4's in the UK for every Xbox One.
Lara's jazzed up adventure is the first major release for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this year, and the game landed at the top of the UK charts--though sales juggernaut FIFA 14 was less than 500 copies behind.
The rest of the chart remains largely unchanged, with the top ten filled out with all the usual suspects: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, Grand Theft Auto V, Need for Speed: Rivals, and Killzone: Shadow Fall.
The charts are likely to stay pretty static for the next month, although if FIFA 14 manages to reclaim number one next week then it can join the club of games that have all notched up 10 weeks at the top.
The next big release for PS4 and Xbox One owners is Thief, which will be released in the UK on February 28.
Fortnite | Where To Defuse Three Joker Gas Canisters (Batman Challenges) You Don't Have To Understand Death Stranding Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- September 22-28, 2019 Fortnite | Where To Light Three Bat Signals In Different Named Locations (Batman Challenge Guide) How Twin Peaks Inspired Link's Awakening The Unsolved Murder That Inspired Twin Peaks Star Wars Battlefront 2 Is Getting A New Planet - GS News Update Luigi's Mansion 3 Multiplayer DLC Announced - GS News Update Nascar Heat 4 - Official Launch Trailer Borderlands 3 Gets Free Halloween DLC - GS News Update PlanetSide Arena - Official Launch Gameplay Trailer Last Of Us 2 Confirmed For Next PlayStation State Of Play - GS News Update
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org