PlayStation State Of Play February 2023: Suicide Squad, Baldur's Gate 3, And The Biggest Games And Announcements
The State of Play featured a great new look at Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League and a surprise announcement for Baldur's Gate 3.
Sony's State of Play presentation on February 22 only promised information on a few PlayStation VR 2 games and new looks at Suicide Squad and Destiny 2: Lightfall, but the show ended up delivering much more. We learned that the PC-exclusive Baldur's Gate 3 will actually launch day-and-date on PS5, we saw even more fighters for Street Fighter 6, and we got a great new look at gameplay for the Resident Evil 4 remake. Check out the stories below to learn all about what was shown.
- Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League Shows New Story, Gameplay, And Battle Pass
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Trailer Teases "Special Demo" Coming Soon
- Zangief, Lily, And Cammy Revealed For Street Fighter 6
- Goodbye Volcano High, A Narrative And Rhythm Game, Releases June 15
- Destiny 2: Lightfall Launch Trailer Teases The Beginning Of The End
- Before Your Eyes Is Coming To PSVR 2 On March 10
- Baldur's Gate 3 Confirmed For Console, Gets Release Date
- Naruto X Boruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Connections Coming In 2023
- Colorful Platformer Tchia Is Coming To PlayStation Plus On Day One
- Journey To Foundation Lets Players Explore Isaac Asimov's Sci-Fi Universe In VR
Original story follows
How to watch PlayStation State of Play
The PlayStation State of Play will be livestreamed on many of Sony's official channels, including YouTube and Twitch. We've embedded the stream so you can watch the whole thing right here. Start times by timezone are available below:
- 1 PM PT
- 3 PM CT
- 4 PM ET
- 9 PM GMT
- 8 AM AET (February 24)
What to expect from PlayStation State of Play
The main event for the first State of Play for 2023 will be a new look at Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. Sony says that new gameplay details and updates on the Rocksteady-developed game will be shown off, providing an in-depth look at what fans can expect from the title.
Only a handful of details on the game have been revealed so far, including it being the final performance of the late Kevin Conroy as Batman, and gameplay has largely been kept under wraps. Several weeks ago, screenshots of Suicide Squad's live service elements were leaked online, showing off a battle pass system that is focused on cosmetics and a currency for each anti-hero.
The game hasn't received a concrete release date yet after it was delayed from 2022 to Spring 2023 due to Rocksteady requiring more time to polish the experience.
"We've made the difficult decision to delay Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League to Spring 2023," former Rocksteady director and co-founder Sefton Hill said at the time. "I know a delay is frustrating but that time is going into making the best game we can. I look forward to bringing the chaos to Metropolis together."
Alongside that game and more Destiny 2: Lightfall goodness, we are going to get a look at PlayStation VR 2 games. The headset just launched, and Sony is looking to make a big splash early with the peripheral.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.