New Mario Party Game Coming to 3DS This Year
Mario Party: Star Rush puts players in control of Toad and has them recruiting characters like Mario, Yoshi, and Rosalina.
Nintendo revealed a new Mario Party game on its Treehouse E3 livestream. Mario Party: Star Rush has a mode where up to four players control Toads, as they make their way across the board and recruit teammates like Mario, Yoshi, and Rosalina.
The new mode, called Toad Scramble, also lets players roll the die and move simultaneously. You team up with Mario characters to help you win events and take on the boss. Each world has a main baddie, and you'll be able to compete or cooperate with other players in multiplayer to defeat them.
The last game in the series, Mario Party 10, received a score of 6 in GameSpot's review, which said, "even with some fun minigames in tow and a good group of friends to enjoy it with, Mario Party 10 just doesn't have the depth or the challenge to hold your attention for long."
Mario Party: Star Rush releases for 3DS on November 4.
You can see more of Nintendo's announcements, including a new Legend of Zelda game, through the links below.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Hands-on Impressions
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Trailer Shows New Weapons, Abilities
- Why Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Link is Right-Handed
- Why Zelda: Breath of the Wild Won't Have a Female Hero
- New 3DS Game Ever Oasis Features Dungeon Crawling, Oasis Building
- New Pokemon, Free-For-All Battle Mode Revealed in Sun/Moon Trailer
Head on over to GameSpot's E3 hub for all the news and impressions from the event.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org