New 3DS Game Ever Oasis Features Dungeon Crawling, Oasis Building
In Ever Oasis, you have to build your oasis with resources gained from adventuring and dungeon crawling.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Nintendo announced and demoed a new 3DS game called Ever Oasis on its Treehouse E3 livestream. The game puts players in the role of oasis leader, who must grow the oasis and venture into the desert to gather resources.
You grow plant-like shops called Bloom Booths in the oasis, which you have to keep stocked as characters will come through and purchase their wares. You then get money from the sales and can use it to grow more Bloom Booths. You'll also get help from Isuna, a water spirit, who levels you up and gives you advice.
Additionally, you explore the desert and dungeons with a party comprised of wanderers from different tribes. Each party member has a different ability that can be used to complete puzzles and get through dungeons. Ever Oasis also features combat encounters with enemies like spiky armadillos, a giant scorpion, and a lion statue with wings called Baastu. Each party member has their own, unique weapon that's more effective against some enemies than others. You'll have to switch control of characters here as well to find out who works best.
You can see more of Nintendo's announcements, including a new Legend of Zelda game, through the links below.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Hands-on Impressions
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Trailer Shows New Weapons, Abilities
- Why Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Link is Right-Handed
- Why Zelda: Breath of the Wild Won't Have a Female Hero
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild Doesn't Require the Wii U's GamePad
- New Pokemon, Free-For-All Battle Mode Revealed in Sun/Moon Trailer
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com