Hyper Scape Patch Notes Outlined: Hacks And Weapons Nerfed Slightly
The new Hyper Scape PC update makes minor adjustments to the performance of some hacks and weapons.
Ubisoft has released a new PC update for its sci-fi battle royale shooter Hyper Scape that makes several changes to some hacks and guns, particularly the Hexfire minigun and Armor hack ability. The full patch notes have been outlined below.
The update is primarily a gameplay balancing patch that adjusts the damage and fire rate of a few weapons. This includes the Hexfire minigun, the electromagnetic firearm Skybreaker, the sidearm D-Tap, and more. More specifically, Ubisoft has noticed that some weapons--like the Hexfire--are producing too much damage too quickly. The studio has altered the outputs of these weapons while retaining their core behavior. Ubisoft said it will continue to monitor the weapon's performance accordingly.
In addition to tweaking weapons, the Hyper Scape update looks into hacks. As the name suggests, hacks are lootable abilities scattered throughout the map that provide a variety of bonuses ranging from area-of-effect attacks to short teleportations. Two hacks in particular, Armor and Mines, have had their duration time lowered but will not have their core behaviors altered.
In other Hyper Scape news, though it's currently in beta testing on PC, the battle royale shooter is steadily barreling toward its full console release. The game is expected to arrive on July 12 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One as a free-to-play title, with cross-play support for consoles and PC.
Full Hyper Scape Patch Notes
- Damage across Fusion levels decreased to 3/3/3/3/4, down from 4/4/4/4/5
- Contextual movement Spread in Hip-fire (run, sprint & in-air states) has been slightly increased to reinforce difference with Ripper in terms of mobility. Aim Down Sight (ADS) accuracy is unchanged.
- Damage across Fusion levels decreased to 40/46/52/58/64, down from 50/57/65/72/80.
- Damage across Fusion levels decreased to 22/22/22/22/28, down from 25/25/25/25/31.
- Damage across Fusion levels increased to 22/22/22/22/28, up from 20/20/20/20/25.
- Rate of Fire in Hip-fire +10%
- Rate of Fire in ADS +10%
- Hack duration lowered to 6s, down from 8s
- Cooldown across fusion increased to 14/13/12/11/9s, up from 12/11/10/9/7s
- Hack trigger timer duration lowered to 0.5s, down from 1s
- Projectile acceleration time to reach full speed has been strongly increased
GameSpot's Play For All--a celebration of all things gaming--is ongoing. Join us as we bring you the summer's hottest news, previews, interviews, features, and videos, as well as raise money for COVID-19 relief efforts and Black Lives Matter with the help of our friends from around the gaming world. Check out the Play For All schedule for more.
Play For All 2020 News And Events
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com