Hades Comes To Xbox, PlayStation On August 13, Launches On Xbox Games Pass
One of the best games of 2020 is finally making its way to Xbox, and it's going to be on Games Pass on day one.
Hades, the latest game from Bastion and Transistor developer Supergiant Games, is finally making the jump to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, and PS5. The roguelite is scheduled to launch on August 13 and will launch day-one of Xbox Games Pass.
Hades is an isometric roguelite where you play as Zagreus, son of Hades, as you attempt to escape hell and join greener pastures in the world of mortals on the surface. Doing so will not be easy, but you will have some help from Mount Olympus in the form of upgrades and abilities bestowed on you from gods like Zeus, Poseidon, and Athena.
The Supergiant-developed game was one of the best to launch in 2020, landing on Nintendo Switch and PC initially. One of the most impressive aspects is how the game crafts its narrative around your deaths and provides tons of new dialogue throughout each run. It's a novel mechanic for a roguelite, and one of many things we loved about its in our Hades review from last year. It was also named one of our Best Games of 2020.
Hades will launch on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, and PS5 on August 13. If you're subscribed to Xbox Games Pass, you'll be able to play it there at launch.
E3 2021 News & Announcements
- Nintendo Switch OLED Announced, Coming October 8
- E3 2021: Schedule, Participants, And What To Expect
- Xbox & Bethesda E3 Showcase Announcements: Starfield, Halo Infinite, Diablo 2
- Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Announcements: Breath Of The Wild 2, Metroid Dread, Advance Wars
- E3 2021 Games Confirmed So Far
- Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 Announcements: Far Cry 6, Mario + Rabbids 2, Avatar
- Square Enix E3 2021 Stream Announcements: Guardians Of The Galaxy, Final Fantasy Origin, Babylon's Fall
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.