Fortnite Gears Of War Challenges: Where To Find COG Tags, Thrashball Memorabilia
Epic Games is going back to Gears of War... sort of.
The Fortnite Gears of War cosmetics have just been revealed, and alongside them, you can complete Gears of War challenges to earn a free Gears of War spray, but you'll want to do it this week, as the challenges will disappear in just a few days. Get a glimpse of the Gears of War skins in Fortnite, then tackle the challenges to earn your free spray.
Fortnite Gears of War challenges
There are five Gears of War challenges to complete if you want to finish off the "Delta-One Quests," and you'll need to do them all before December 17 at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET because that's when they'll disappear. You have to tackle them in the order in which they appear below. Here's what you'll be doing for Delta-One:
- Collect Three COG Tags (3) - 20,000 XP
- Crouch Behind Barrier (1) - 20,000 XP
- Damage Opponent with Melee Attack (1) - 20,000 XP
- Do Shotgun Damage to an Opponent (1) - 20,000 XP
- Collect Thrashball Memorabilia (3) - 20,000 XP, Crimson Omen spray
To collect COG tags, refer to the map below that lists all of their locations. You'll need three, so it's maybe best to try to get them all in one round by landing near Logjam Lumberyard, as the three in the northwestern quadrant are nearest to one another.
To crouch behind a barrier, look for the Gears of War-painted waist-high walls scattered around the map. An easy-to-find example is out in front of the mechanic shop on the east side of Greasy Grove. You'll know it by the Gears logo painted in red on the side.
Doing melee damage is sometimes easiest at the start of a match, where you can follow another player closely, then smack them around as soon as you both land. Shotgun damage will be easy enough; just find a shotty and put some pellets into players. You can find Thrashball Memorabilia at the locations marked on the map below.
Completing all of these quests this week will net you both XP and the cosmetic reward, the Crimson Omen spray. Meanwhile, you'll be able to load out as Kait and Marcus beginning in the Item Shop on December 9. Read more about the new Fortnite Chapter 3, including all the new weapons and the teases for Miles Morales and Green Goblin.
- Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 Map Changes
- Fortnite Miles Morales And Green Goblin Skins Teased On Chapter 3 Map
- How To Use Tents In Fortnite: Campsites Explained
- Fortnite Victory Crowns Explained: Why Some Players' Names Are In Gold
- All New Weapons And Items In Fortnite Chapter 3
- Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 NPC Locations
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.