Fortnite 9.30 Patch Notes: Everything New In Content Update #3
Another new item has arrived in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
Fortnite's 14 Days of Summer event is in its final days, but some new content has arrived for the hit battle royale shooter. The third content update of the 9.30 patch is now live on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices. Much like last week's update, however, it's a fairly minor one, adding only one new item to Battle Royale mode and a handful of other content to Fortnite Creative and Save the World.
This week's Battle Royale addition is the Air Strike, a new Legendary-tier throwable item that will call in a hail of missiles on other players. The Air Strike can be found as floor loot or in chests, supply drops, vending machines, or llamas, and you can only carry a maximum of two at a time. When thrown, it will summon 20 missiles from the sky, each of which deals 75 damage to players and 200 damage to structures, making it quite a potent item.
The 14 Days of Summer daily LTMs may have ended, but there will be six different limited-time modes to play in the rotation this week, including High Explosives Squads, Sneaky Silencers Solo, Classic Squads (which features items only from Seasons 1 and 2), Solid Gold Duos, Catch Squads, and Blitz Squads. You can read more details about each mode on the official Fortnite website.
Fortnite's Creative mode, meanwhile, has received four more new galleries, while Save the World gets a new Wargames simulation, Double Trouble. The De-Atomizer 9000 will also be available in the in-game store this week. You can find the full patch notes for the third 9.30 content update below.
All 14 challenges from the 14 Days of Summer event are now live, including the final addition, which asks you to destroy seven grills with the Low 'n Slow harvesting tool. You'll have until July 16 to complete the event's challenges; if you manage to do so by then, you'll unlock a special Smoothie back bling. You can find guides and maps for the trickier tasks in our complete 14 Days of Summer challenges roundup.
Fortnite 9.30 Patch Notes (Content Update #3)
- High Explosives Squads
- Battle Royale with Explosive weapons only! 'Splode all of the enemies back to the lobby to earn the Victory Royale!
- Sneaky Silencers Solo
- Nighttime fighting with silenced weapons.
- Classic Squads
- Classic Battle Royale with only weapons and items from Seasons one and two.
- Solid Gold Duos
- Fight to the finish using Legendary weapons!
- Catch Squads
- In this mode, all guns have been removed. The only weapons are grenades and other items that can be thrown or tossed.
- Blitz Squads
- Drop into this fast-paced Limited Time Mode! You’d better keep moving because the Storm never does.
Weapons & Items
- A thrown canister of colored smoke that calls in a flurry of missiles from above.
- Once the canister comes to rest, missiles will spawn after a short delay.
- Missiles spawn about 120 meters above the smoke canister.
- Missiles aim for random points within a 9 meters radius of the thrown object.
- A total of 20 missiles are spawned.
- Each missile has an explosion radius of 3.5 meters.
- Each missile deals 75 damage to players and 200 damage to structures.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, and Llamas.
- Drops in stacks of 1.
- Max stack size of 2.
- Legendary variant.
Prefabs & Galleries
Added 4 New Galleries:
- Car Gallery B - which has more car color variants
- Snow & Mud Floor Gallery
- Grass & Sand Floor Gallery
- Lava Floor Gallery
Save The World
Missions & Systems
- New Wargames simulation: Double Trouble
- Take two Golden Smashers with cycling modifiers, make them indestructible, and set them loose on your fort.
- If that doesn’t sound horrifying enough, their ill temperament switches between attacking Heroes and the fort.
- A new Wargames simulation means more chances for Event Tickets, a new banner, and more variety to the Daily Wargames Challenges.
Weapons & Items
De-Atomizer 9000 launches into the Weekly Store!
- Launches an energy projectile that explodes and shoots 15 sub-projectiles out in all directions. Decimates crowds of weak enemies… and buildings!
- Available from July 10 at 8 PM Eastern Time until July 17 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
Fortnite 14 Days Of Summer Challenges
- Dance at different Beach Parties (6) -- Deep End emote
- Bounce a giant Beach Ball in different matches (5) -- Soak It Up loading screen
- Eliminations with the daily unvaulted weapon or a Drum Gun (5) -- Water Balloon toy
- Thank the Bus Driver and finish top 20 in different matches (5) -- Perfect Blend emoticon
- Pop party balloon decorations (5) -- Sunny spray
- Search Unicorn Floaties at swimming holes (3) -- Neon Tropics wrap
- Hit a player with a Water Balloon in different matches (3) -- Loading screen
- Bounce off a giant beach umbrella in different matches (3) -- Banner
- Score trick points with a Driftboard with the Neon Tropics applied to it (250K) -- Surfstick spray
- Launch fireworks found along the river bank (3) -- Low 'n Slow harvesting tool
- Get a score of 10 or more on a Carnival Clown Board -- Beach Balls contrail
- Visit a giant beach umbrella and a huge rubber ducky in a single match -- Quack Pack backbling
- Search the tiny rubber ducky at the spot hidden in the Summertime Splashdown loading screen -- Sparkle Soundtrack lobby music
- Destroy grills with the Low 'n Slow harvesting tool -- Griller banner
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com