For Honor PC Specs Announced
Here are the video cards and controllers Ubisoft's new game supports.
On the minimum side, the requirements aren't especially high. They call only for a Core i3-550 or Phenom II X4 955, 4 GB of RAM, and a GTX 660 or HD 6970. However, the target resolution and frame rate for all of this--30 FPS and 720p with Low settings--isn't how many PC gamers will be hoping to play it.
For a 1080p and "about" 60 FPS experience with High settings, Ubisoft recommends an i5-2500K or FX-6350 to go along with 8 GB of RAM and at least a GTX 680 or R9 280X. It also notes this is with v-sync disabled, so expect to need higher-end hardware to leverage advanced visual settings. Full spec lists follow below.
Ubisoft also provided a list of video cards that are supported at launch, which you can find at the bottom of this post. There's also a list of fully and partially supported controllers. The latter includes options that are less commonplace, to say the least, such as the Logitech Chillstream and the Ouya controller.
For Honor's multiplayer beta runs for four days on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 beginning on January 26. Check out our previous coverage for an overview of what the beta consists of. The full game launches soon after the beta concludes, on February 14.
For Honor PC Specs/Supported GPUs and Controllers
- OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
- CPU: Intel Core i3-550 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 or equivalent
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660/GTX 750ti/GTX 950/GTX 1050 with 2 GB VRAM or more | AMD Radeon HD 6970/HD 7870/R9 270/R9 370/RX 460 with 2 GB VRAM or more
- RAM: 4 GB
- Resolution: 720p @ 30 FPS
- Video Preset: Low
- VSync: Off
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K | AMD FX-6350 or equivalent
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 680/GTX 760/GTX 970/GTX 1060 with 2 GB VRAM or more | AMD Radeon R9 280X/R9 380/RX 470 with 2 GB VRAM or more
- RAM: 8 GB
- Resolution: 1080p @ ~60 FPS
- Video Preset: High
- VSync: Off
Supported NVIDIA cards at time of release:
- GeForce GTX 600 series: (minimum) GeForce GTX 660 or better | (recommended) GeForce GTX 680 or better
- GeForce GTX 700 series: (minimum) GeForce GTX 750ti or better | (recommended) GeForce GTX 760 or better
- GeForce GTX 900 series: (minimum) GeForce GTX 950 or better | (recommended) GeForce GTX 970 or better
- GeForce GTX10-Series: (minimum) any GeForce GTX10 card | (recommended) GeForce GTX 1060 or better
Supported AMD cards at time of release
- Radeon HD 6000 series: (minimum) Radeon HD 6970 or better | (recommended) none
- Radeon HD 7000 series: (minimum) Radeon HD 7870 or better | (recommended) none
- Radeon 200 series: (minimum) Radeon R9 270 or better | (recommended) Radeon R9 280X or better
- Radeon 300/Fury X series: (minimum) Radeon R9 370 or better | (recommended) Radeon R9 380 or better
- Radeon 400 series: (minimum) Radeon RX460 or better | (recommended) Radeon RX470 or better
- Mouse and keyboard
- Microsoft Xbox 360
- Microsoft Xbox One
- Microsoft Xbox One Elite
- PlayStation 4 (Original/Pro)
Partially Supported Gamepads (May Require Third-Party Drivers)
- Any third-party Xbox-compatible controller
- Logitech Chillstream
- Ouya controller
- Steam controller
- PlayStation 3 controller
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.