Elden Ring: How To Get The Rivers Of Blood Katana
You're going to want this blade for any blood loss build.
Elden Ring is teeming with incredible weapons, but the Rivers of Blood katana ranks among the most sought-after and powerful options you can wield. With its tremendous bleeding potential, it can be used to inflict massive damage on enemies and invaders, especially when making proper use of the weapon's special skill. On top of its amazing power, it's also a visually-striking armament that can do wonders for your aesthetic. In this guide, we'll tell you how to snag this katana for yourself, but be prepared for a fight, because its owner won't give it up easily.
Rivers of Blood explained
Rivers of Blood is a katana that can rapidly cause blood buildup, and it requires 12 Strength, 18, Dexterity, and 20 Arcane to wield. Its weapon skill Corpse Piler is unique to the weapon, and it unleashes a flurry of bloody attacks that can devastate your foes.
River of Blood's item description reads:
Weapon of Okina, swordsman from the Land of Reeds. A cursed weapon that has felled countless men. When Mohg, the Lord of Blood, first felt Okina's sword, and madness, upon his flesh, he had a proposal, to offer Okina the life of a demon, whose thirst would never go unsated.
Where to find Rivers of Blood
Rivers of Blood is found in the late-game area Mountaintops of the Giants. Once you've gained access to this biome through the main quest chain, you'll find the Church of Repose in the southeast of the map. As you approach the church, you'll be invaded by an NPC named Bloody Finger Okina, who so happens to be wielding the Rivers of Blood katana--so it's your job to take it from him.
Okina is a relatively challenging fight, as he's very aggressive and can inflict blood loss for some pretty substantial damage. Punish him when he attempts to heal and stay on top of him with equal aggression, however, and he'll soon fall. When he does, you'll receive the Okina Mask alongside your real prize--the Rivers of Blood katana for which you've been searching.
Elden Ring Guides
- What Happens In Elden Ring? The Game's Story, Part 1: Limgrave
- Elden Ring Rune Farming: The Best Early Areas To Level Up Fast
- What To Do First In Elden Ring: Best Route, Weapons, And Important Map Locations
- Elden Ring: Best Weapons You Can Find Early In Limgrave
- Elden Ring Margit The Fell Omen Guide - Recommended Level And How To Beat The First Boss
- Elden Ring: How To Upgrade Weapons - Smithing Stones Explained
- Elden Ring Tips For Beginners: Learning The Ways Of The Lands Between
- How To Level Up In Elden Ring, Stats Explained
- Elden Ring: Best Keepsakes To Pick During Character Creation
- Elden Ring Map: Where To Find Your First Map Fragment
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.