Contraband Announced From Avalanche Studios, Coming To Xbox Game Pass
The open-world co-op game was teased during the Xbox E3 2021 showcase.
Avalanche Studios teased its next game during the Xbox E3 showcase: an open-world co-op game called Contraband. Like many of the other games announced during the showcase, it will be available on day one through Xbox Game Pass.
The teaser was short and details were scant. It was mostly a mood-setter with Steely Dan playing over a scene inside a storage facility, with various boxes and goods scattered about. Presumably those are, well, contraband. In a follow-up tweet, Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg said the game is set in the 1970s in the fictional country of Bayan.
Excited to announce big new AAA Xbox Games Studios exclusive game we are making in partnership w/ the talented team at Avalanche Studios (team behind games like Just Cause). Contraband, a co-op smuggler’s paradise set in the fictional world of 1970s Bayan. https://t.co/G0sA9jctpN— Aaron Greenberg 🙅🏼♂️💚U (@aarongreenberg) June 13, 2021
Avalanche is the studio behind the Just Cause series, so we may expect similar bombastic action here.
E3 2021 News & Announcements
- Nintendo Switch OLED Announced, Coming October 8
- E3 2021: Schedule, Participants, And What To Expect
- Xbox & Bethesda E3 Showcase Announcements: Starfield, Halo Infinite, Diablo 2
- Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Announcements: Breath Of The Wild 2, Metroid Dread, Advance Wars
- E3 2021 Games Confirmed So Far
- Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 Announcements: Far Cry 6, Mario + Rabbids 2, Avatar
- Square Enix E3 2021 Stream Announcements: Guardians Of The Galaxy, Final Fantasy Origin, Babylon's Fall
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.