Borderlands 3 Patch Notes: Performance Updates, General Fixes, And More
Developer Gearbox continues to seek community feedback for Borderlands 3.
After launching a hotfix update recently, developer Gearbox followed up with the release of a new Borderlands 3 update last week. This one primarily deals with community concerns, including multiplayer problems, user interface issues, and more. Read on for the highlights and a look at the full patch notes. [Update: After this patch, Gearbox released another hotfix update. Unlike the bug fixes and tweaks outlined below, this hotfix is concerned with balancing weapons, bosses, and characters, with Zane for instance getting a nice boost. As such, the hotfix is the more notable of these two updates, as three of the game's four characters and numerous weapon types and manufacturers are impacted, in some cases significantly. You can read all about what's new in the Borderlands 3 update patch notes.]
As for what's now available, the newest Borderlands 3 patch went live on Thursday for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. A bulk of the patch is dedicated to the looter-shooter's multiplayer and user interface, though the patch also targets performance and implements general fixes.
Some headlining changes center around multiplayer like audio troubles--such missing or quiet sounds when player two moves too far from player one in split-screen--and animation interruptions--including sprinting getting interrupted when other players open the ECHO menu in split-screen. Online multiplayer will also see some fixes, particularly relating to three-player squads having issues connecting to solo players.
Borderlands 3 News
Borderlands 3's patch will also update the game's user interface. Subtitles should now display after the initial cutscene, spending skill points will give off an audible flourish that previously failed to execute, Crazy Earl's store has been modified, and more. PC players will notice a visual change with this new patch, too, as the focus from the mouse's last known location should no longer hang around the screen even after plugging in and playing with a controller.
Some other changes come with Borderlands 3's patch, including general improvements--like localizing special prompts--and performance updates--such as the game's stability getting ironed out. Check out the full patch notes below.
Borderlands 3 Full Patch Notes
- [PC Only] Reduced the amount of texture streaming that was occurring when aiming down sights.
- Addressed a reported concern where certain users with a lot of people in their friend’s list saw more frequent hitching.
- Implementing general stability improvements.
General Fixes and Improvements
- Addressed a reported issue where KillaVolt’s Shield Storm attack does not disable the tiles around KillaVolt, resulting in the entire floor being activated.
- Addressed a potential progression blocker in the mission "Footsteps of Giants."
- Addressed a reported issue where Guardian Rank had the potential to become non-functional and/or the player could potentially lose Guardian Rank tokens into the negatives.
- Modified vending machines so it will now sort items by rarity.
- Console FOV is now set to 75 by default. This will not affect players who have already started the game.
- Special prompts for particle text (Tediore guns, "critical," "immune") are now properly localized.
- Addressed a reported concern that certain players experienced where their vehicle's boost could continue into the next map.
- Addressed a reported concern with "Porcelain Pipe Bomb" where it set off multiple explosions when colliding with objects.
- Adjusted the verbiage for "left stick" and "right stick" inside the Russian localized version of the control options screen.
- Addressed a reported issue where certain users experienced a failure of the audio to play when spending skill points in the UI.
- The text is now correctly marked "invalid" when you enter an invalid e-mail address on the SHiFT account creation page.
- Addressed a reported issue where the item of the day item card would flash briefly before displaying on vending machines.
- Addressed a reported concern that certain players were served an unread mail icon when they didn’t have mail to read.
- Iron Bear button prompts will now correctly update if you re-bind your controls.
- Modified various features and elements of Crazy Earl's store.
- Addressed a reported issue where subtitles wouldn't display until after the initial cutscene.
- Addressed an issue experienced by certain players that social notifications could become stuck on-screen.
- Addressed a player concern that certain item preview images were failing to load inside the player bank.
- [PC Only] Addressed an issue reported by certain PC players where the focus from the mouse's last known location was sticking around even when playing with a gamepad.
- Addressed an issue reported by certain players where the cursor would snap to an unintended location in the UI.
Splitscreen and Online Multiplayer
- Addressed a concern reported by certain players that the dialog volume faded too low before switching to ECHO audio during split-screen gameplay.
- Addressed a concern reported by certain players that sounds were quiet or missing for the second split-screen player if they move too far from player one.
- Addressed a concern reported by certain players that three-player groups were having trouble matchmaking with an additional solo player.
- Addressed a reported concerned experienced by certain players that in split-screen one player's sprinting animation could be interrupted by the other player opening the ECHO menu.
- Addressed a concern reported by certain players that in split-screen where one player's aiming down sights could be interrupted by the other player opening the ECHO menu.
- Addressed a handful of reported client replication issues:
- Addressed Tina's pizza bomb so it displays correctly for clients.
- Modified certain audio elements that were reportedly looping for clients.
- Addressed a reported player concern so the Guardian Skill "Dead Man's Hand" now functions properly.
- Player icons are now pinned to the side of the mini-map when playing in any kind of multiplayer.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org