Borderlands 3 Hotfix Update Stops Legendary Loot Farming
Gearbox has spotted--and rectified--the "loot cave" in Borderlands 3.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Developer Gearbox is working hard to ensure Borderlands 3 remains in tiptop condition. A week after release on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, Gearbox is deploying a series of hotfixes to address some of the looter-shooter's growing pains.
A list of hotfixes was outlined on Gearbox's forums. These include making completion paths more obvious, leveling down some enemies, scaling back the growth frequency of Eridium crystals, and more. Along with the hotfixes comes an adjustment to the "loot cave," meaning you can no longer farm legendary weapons from a purple-tinged loot tink in Mayhem mode. Gearbox is aware these hotfixes don't address "issues the community is immediately concerned with." However, the studio is toiling away at "evaluating performance problems and potential solutions for them."
The hotfixes will be automatically applied when connected to the internet. When you boot up Borderlands 3, the only thing you have to check for is the “updates are available” message in the in-game menu. Hang out in the menu screen and the hotfixes should apply after a minute.
Full Borderlands 3 Hotfix Update Notes
- Yellow paint has been added to Ambermire to mark a more obvious path to complete the Sabotage Crew Challenge.
- The New-U Station in front of the Halcyon Suborbital Spaceport (used during the "Space-Laser Tag" Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The New-U Station in front of Titian’s Gate (used during the "Atlas, At Last" Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The first Guardian a player runs into during the "Beneath the Meridian" mission is no longer over-leveled.
- The Eridian chest by the Grotto in the Jakob’s Estate is no longer invisible.
- Eridium crystals in Voracious Canopy grow less frequently.
- Scaled down the amount of loot drops in Mayhem Mode.
- Torgue shotgun sticky damage has been reduced.
- Reduced E-Tech shotgun elemental damage from "flesh off your bones" to "a lot."
- Chupacabratch dropped too much of his hard-earned loot.
- Adjusted spawn rate of Loot Tinks in Mansion. They’re special again.
- Removed pain-sounds from Troy for his boss fight.
Borderlands 3 News
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com