Bethesda E3 2015 Press Conference News Roundup
No falling out.
Bethesda started off E3 2015 with a bang, announcing a bunch of news and showing off footage of its upcoming games.
Bethesda demoed Doom for the first time to a worldwide audience, and we saw the gruesome action that id Software's upcoming shooter has in store. Bethesda also showed off Battlecry, its upcoming class-based shooter. Dishonored 2 was officially announced, and it looks interesting. Following its huge reveal, open-world RPG Fallout 4 was demoed and we got our first glimpse of Boston's post-apocalypse. Finally, Fallout mobile game Fallout Shelter was unveiled, and it's rolling out worldwide now!
Previously announced games with new info:
- Doom had two single-player demos showcasing the weapons, enemies, and executions. Bethesda also showed off a multiplayer trailer and announced a custom games and map editor called Snapmap. Finally, Doom got a release window. Check out our impressions of the demo here, and you can see a gallery of the videos here.
- Battlecry opened its global beta signups, and showed off a bit of the gameplay of the Han Republic faction.
- Dishonored: Definitive Edition was announced for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Fallout 4 received the most amount of screen time at the press conference:
- The first demo began before the nuclear apocalypse and continued after the main character leaves the vault. You'll be able to play as a male or female.
- You can now play clones of famous arcade games such as Space Invaders and Missile Command on the Pip Boy.
- A real Pip Boy is being made and will be part of the special edition of Fallout 4.
- Players will be able to build and create settlements in the game, which will attract merchants and raiders. There's also robust weapon and armor customization options.
- Finally, Fallout 4 got a release date for later this year.
- You can check out our impressions of the gameplay demos here.
Newly announced games:
- Dishonored 2 was officially unveiled with a cinematic trailer. Players get a choice of playing as a woman named Emily Kaldwin, or Corvo Attano from the original Dishonored. Read a breakdown and our impressions of the reveal trailer here.
- The Elder Scrolls Legends is a free-to-play strategy card game based in the Elder Scrolls lore. It's coming for the PC and iPad later in 2015.
- Fallout Shelter was announced for iOS and Android. It is a free-to-play Vault management and strategy game without paywall timers, and it will not require an internet connection. It is available right now.
- Bethesda announced Bethesda Net, a headquarters for all of the company's games and the community-created content from editors like Doom's Snapmap.