Assassin's Creed TV Series At Netflix Hires Die Hard Writer - Report
Netflix's new TV series brings on the writer of Die Hard and The Fugitive.
Netflix has apparently hired veteran Hollywood writer Jeb Stuart--who penned the screenplays for Die Hard and The Fugitive--to write the upcoming Assassin's Creed TV series. This is according to a report from Variety, which credited the information to its sources.
Spokespeople for Netflix and Stuart did not respond to a request for comment by Variety.
Stuart most recently wrote and created the show Vikings: Valhalla, which is coming to Netflix, so he already has an in at the streaming network. Assassin's Creed will be Stuart's first video game project. He wrote the 1995 movie Just Cause, though the Sean Connery/Laurence Fishburne film has nothing to do with the games.
In addition to this new live-action series, Netflix is producing an animated series based on Assassin's Creed. A 2016 Assassin's Creed movie starring Michael Fassbender was set during the Spanish inquisition, but it was a critical flop.
Outside of Assassin's Creed, Netflix is also making multiple Far Cry series, a Splinter Cell anime series from John Wick's Derek Kolstad, and a Division movie starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Chastain.
E3 2021 News & Announcements
- Nintendo Switch OLED Announced, Coming October 8
- E3 2021: Schedule, Participants, And What To Expect
- Xbox & Bethesda E3 Showcase Announcements: Starfield, Halo Infinite, Diablo 2
- Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Announcements: Breath Of The Wild 2, Metroid Dread, Advance Wars
- E3 2021 Games Confirmed So Far
- Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 Announcements: Far Cry 6, Mario + Rabbids 2, Avatar
- Square Enix E3 2021 Stream Announcements: Guardians Of The Galaxy, Final Fantasy Origin, Babylon's Fall
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.