Animal Crossing: New Horizons Players Have Made Elaborate Halloween Costumes
The new Halloween update added spooky skin tones.
Animal Crossing: New Horizon players take Halloween costumes seriously. They've used recently added skin tones, eye colors, and Halloween items to create elaborate costumes--including everything from Kratos to Shrek. These players have put a lot of work into their outfits
Nintendo's recent Halloween update added green, blue, purple, and white skin tones along with new eye colors and reactions that give players more ways to customize their characters. Players have used the new skin tones, along with custom clothing designs, to replicate The Little Mermaid's Ursula, the Genie from Aladdin, and even the full cast from Pixar's Inside Out.
The new skin colors, listed in game as "body paint," are redeemed with Nook Miles at Resident Services, meaning they should be permanent additions to the game: They won't leave once the spooky season is over. The new pumpkin-growing mechanics were revealed early by data miners, but players had no idea that new skin colors would come alongside the other Halloween items.
Some players have even created multiple versions of their costumes so they match all available skin tones, including the ones added at the end of September. A few people have even shared a guide on how to best match the new tones with different clothing color palettes.
Animal Crossing may be the best place to show off costumes this year, as the CDC qualifies door-to-door trick-or-treating as a high risk activity. Some players are coming together to organize community events, like a costume contest and trick-or-treating town crawls, since more people will be at home for Halloween this year.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons News And Guides
- What To Do First In Animal Crossing: New Horizons' Big New 2.0 Update
- How To Unlock The Roost Cafe And Find Brewster In Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- How To Open The Shopping Plaza On Harv's Island In Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Ladder Set-Up Kit: How To Use The New Permanent Ladders
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Ordinances Guide - How To Enact Ordinances And What They Do
- How To Crossbreed Flowers In Animal Crossing: New Horizons