Your most disappointed game of 2009?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

marvel ultimate alliance 2

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

All the excuses for people being disappointed with MW2 SP sound like it was the buyers fault lol...I guess thats what happens when you don't do your research, there were a TON of reviews upon release basically explaining all the dynamics of the game and how the story was going to play out , I agree with people complaining about the multiplayer though. But the SP of MW2 was amazing, 4-player campaign would have ruined it,long time COD fans would agree.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DranzarTypeF

I was disappointed with RE5 all across the board...I payed $70 for that game, the controls are to stiff for an action, why can't you move while aiming ? once you beat the game it was pretty boring, they should have made the online like L4D2 : campaign multiplayer aspect...the graphics saved the game from being a total letdown of the series.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

Mines would be Left 4 dead 2 idk why the game just really doesn't appeal to me i thought the first one was better the 2nd seemed like the same exact thing

DavidRswii

Thats because it was the same exact thing.

For me it would be RE5. Please Capcom, put some survival horror back in my survival horror games....

colinrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 colinrage
Member since 2009 • 92 Posts

Halo: ODST...

Avatar image for hardcoregamer92
hardcoregamer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 hardcoregamer92
Member since 2006 • 1124 Posts

I guess this isn't a huge disappointment but WET anybody? C'mon, that's gotta be the worst game I've played in years... D:

Avatar image for hardcoregamer92
hardcoregamer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 hardcoregamer92
Member since 2006 • 1124 Posts

Banjo & Kazooie.

Rare, what have you done! :(

_TheJoker_

They allowed gamers to utilize creativity- what a sin!

twg4872

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 twg4872
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
odst
CutthroatCain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CutthroatCain
ODST was the biggest letdown of 2009 for me. It just didn't feel like a Halo game, for whatever reason. The only thing I even use now is the multi-player disc.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#60 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Most likely F.E.A.R. 2.

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 beganoo
Member since 2009 • 1642 Posts

WET. I must have been very bored wen I bought it.What a waste of money.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#62 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I haven't been dissapointed with any of my games.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#63 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

I was disappointed with RE5 all across the board...I payed $70 for that game, the controls are to stiff for an action, why can't you move while aiming ? once you beat the game it was pretty boring, they should have made the online like L4D2 : campaign multiplayer aspect...the graphics saved the game from being a total letdown of the series.

DranzarTypeF

Dude, it is not possible to "research a game". You can not research it and hope to like it or not like it. There is no one else in this gaming industry, or reviewing, that can possibly tell you what you like. The reviews are all SO bad, especially the gamespot ones, that I stopped reading them. The others are no less. I used to "research" games, and the ones that were deemed least compatible with me, I did not buy, and I bought them a year later for a cheaper price and I found I actually liked them. Also, researching based on the type of game is also not possible. There are many games that said certain things in the game are present that I hate, but I bought it, and I liked it. Research can back fire. Books and sources are all great, but they can not measure up to experience, no matter what. Research can not prevent failure.

[QUOTE="_TheJoker_"]

Banjo & Kazooie.

Rare, what have you done! :(

hardcoregamer92

They allowed gamers to utilize creativity- what a sin!

No, they created a terrible game that is horribly boring to play. They killed my dream.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#64 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

DranzarTypeF
You didn't know RE5 didn't let you move while shooting? Didn't you play RE4? RE4 was the same. Didn't you try the RE5 demo that was available for free before the game launched?
hammerofcrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 hammerofcrom
Member since 2009 • 1323 Posts

Left 4 Dead 2. and I really can't explain why. It's more of the same, with new guns/zombies/setting. but I played waaaaay more L4D than the sequel. I think it's probably because it came out on the heels of MW2, which (until the glitches popped up) was one of the most polished shooters I've ever played.

Runner up is ODST, but I wasn't overly excited for it. so the BAM of the disapointment was less. although L4D2 was a much better game than ODST.

xsiik---at0mik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 xsiik---at0mik
MW2 online it porbbaly the biggest let down for all the hype, all the guns r OP takes no skill.. every1 camps... w@w and cod 4 where better online
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

x-2tha-z

You didn't know RE5 didn't let you move while shooting? Didn't you play RE4? RE4 was the same. Didn't you try the RE5 demo that was available for free before the game launched?

To tell the truth I was not expecting them to use the same outdated controls on a next-gen system, I was certain a game released in 2009 would let you move while shooting...

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"][QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

DranzarTypeF

To tell the truth I was not expecting them to use the same outdated controls on a next-gen system, I was certain a game released in 2009 would let you move while shooting...

Didn't you play the RE5 demo before you bought the full game?
Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 Racer850
Member since 2009 • 2293 Posts
Halo 3: ODST.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"] You didn't know RE5 didn't let you move while shooting? Didn't you play RE4? RE4 was the same. Didn't you try the RE5 demo that was available for free before the game launched?x-2tha-z

Didn't you play the RE5 demo before you bought the full game?

I bought the RE5 360 bundle for $370 due to my other xbox being RROD'ed...so no lol.Also Essentially I payed $70 for the game.

J_MAVERIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 J_MAVERIX
Member since 2009 • 158 Posts

When I heard Section 8 was being made and I saw the cover, I knew it was an epic fail, Halo rip-off, etc. And thats just seeing the cover, when I downloaded the Demo and played it, what a Waste Of Money.

STARXWOLF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 STARXWOLF
Member since 2009 • 758 Posts

Fear2 and Assassins Creed2

kozzy1234

whoa! i agree with you with Fear 2 but definitely not with AC2

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#73 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

Eternal-Entity

Dude, it is not possible to "research a game". You can not research it and hope to like it or not like it. There is no one else in this gaming industry, or reviewing, that can possibly tell you what you like. The reviews are all SO bad, especially the gamespot ones, that I stopped reading them. The others are no less. I used to "research" games, and the ones that were deemed least compatible with me, I did not buy, and I bought them a year later for a cheaper price and I found I actually liked them. Also, researching based on the type of game is also not possible. There are many games that said certain things in the game are present that I hate, but I bought it, and I liked it. Research can back fire. Books and sources are all great, but they can not measure up to experience, no matter what. Research can not prevent failure.

research usually includes playing the demo....

Avatar image for TwistedMetalFan
TwistedMetalFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#74 TwistedMetalFan
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts

Mine has to be FEAR 2, even though I enjoyed it, I was expecting much more out of it.

jarvis008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75 jarvis008
Member since 2008 • 518 Posts

HALO 3: ODST

Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

Halo ODST, Resident Evil 5, Modern Warfare 2's Multiplayer, the list goes on...

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#77 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

Resident Evil 5 could have been sooo much better but, when they introduced co-op it was doomed from the start.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#78 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

chaoscougar1

research usually includes playing the demo....

Oh, I did not factor that in. Opps. I assumed that the demo was the obvious thing everyone played before buying a game.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Oh, I did not factor that in. Opps. I assumed that the demo was the obvious thing everyone played before buying a game.

Eternal-Entity

Unless the demo sucks.. I thought the demo for Tales of Vesperia was very meh but the full game blew me away. In the end I just trust my gut and my gut knows well.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#80 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

F.E.A.R. 2.

luke89330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 luke89330
Member since 2005 • 351 Posts

Gears of War 2. Everyone was a jerk. I just wanted a Horde achievement, but even when I was owning all the rounds myself and practically giving them exp from surviving, they quit the game. I wanted the Snowblind Horde achievement, and not getting it ruined the game for me.

Eternal-Entity
LOL, I experienced that too, when everybody trying to get their achievements and quit every map that they got it already. That was bad, but I still love Gears of War 2, the game is epic for me. I can play with you on Horde if you want.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#82 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

craigalan23

Unless the demo sucks.. I thought the demo for Tales of Vesperia was very meh but the full game blew me away. In the end I just trust my gut and my gut knows well.

i agree, it might take a couple of years but you get the hang of what you would and wouldnt like. I havent bought a bad game in years
luke89330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 luke89330
Member since 2005 • 351 Posts

i agree, it might take a couple of years but you get the hang of what you would and wouldnt like. I havent bought a bad game in yearschaoscougar1
Good for you. To think of it, Fallout 3 is the only game that I regret buying.