XBOX360 Graphics?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

burmese19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 burmese19
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I just bought my 360 about a week ago. I waited so long b/c I was happy with my original xbox until Microsoft cut it off (after what 5 years or so?). The only game I have bought/played so far was GOW on a regular non-HDTV, and I gotta say I'm not impressed with these "next-gen" graphics at all. I could easily see the first xbox swing these kind of graphics if Microsoft wasn't in such a hurry to alienate its old system and make all us fools cough over a ton more cash. I mean the jump from PSone to xbox/PS2 was unbelievable, but this next transition is about as impressive as Mike Tyson in a spelling contest. This is just my opinion however, and I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#2 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts
Well, if you're not impressed with Gears of War, then you won't be impressed with anything else.
matt3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 matt3456
Member since 2002 • 326 Posts
Name one game on the xbox that has gow level graphics...........that's what I thought there aren't any.
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
dont waste peoples time reading this stupid trolling post.
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts

I just bought my 360 about a week ago. I waited so long b/c I was happy with my original xbox until Microsoft cut it off (after what 5 years or so?). The only game I have bought/played so far was GOW on a regular non-HDTV, and I gotta say I'm not impressed with these "next-gen" graphics at all. I could easily see the first xbox swing these kind of graphics if Microsoft wasn't in such a hurry to alienate its old system and make all us fools cough over a ton more cash. I mean the jump from PSone to xbox/PS2 was unbelievable, but this next transition is about as impressive as Mike Tyson in a spelling contest. This is just my opinion however, and I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

burmese19
First off Play it on an HDTV then say something, the game was not bulit to be played on a regular NOn HDTV. If you think it still looks horrible after that i will respect your opinion. But i suggest you do that first before you bash the graphics on a truly amazing visual game with and HDTV
dubejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dubejonathan
Member since 2004 • 135 Posts

burmese19
that is your opinion.
milsvaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 milsvaard
Member since 2003 • 1928 Posts
This belongs in system wars, obvious troll attempt.
Comorat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Comorat
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

The only game I have bought/played so far was GOW on a regular non-HDTV, and I gotta say I'm not impressed with these "next-gen" graphics at all..

burmese19
And I am equally unimpressed with your ability to draw conclusions of a system's graphical abilities while using sub-par technology. Did you also dismiss the quality of a DvD player when you hooked it up to your 13 in black and white TV with the tin-foil antenna?
madnarg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 madnarg
Member since 2003 • 43 Posts
I wouldn't be impressed with the graphics if I played it on a standard definition TV either. I would not, however, make the huge leap in logic that MS abandoned the original Xbox based on that fact. So are you just bitter that you don't own the proper equipment to enjoy your new purchase or are you just flame-baiting?
REELDIEL3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 REELDIEL3
Member since 2005 • 79 Posts
[QUOTE="burmese19"]

The only game I have bought/played so far was GOW on a regular non-HDTV, and I gotta say I'm not impressed with these "next-gen" graphics at all..

Comorat

And I am equally unimpressed with your ability to draw conclusions of a system's graphical abilities while using sub-par technology. Did you also dismiss the quality of a DvD player when you hooked it up to your 13 in black and white TV with the tin-foil antenna?

thats what i was thinkin   lol

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
[QUOTE="burmese19"]

Comorat

PWNT :lol:

a1454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 a1454
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I thought the same thing when I first tried it on the standard definition tv.

But that changed once I moved to computer monitor at 1024*768. The graphics are amazing. Play it on HDTV.
chimichanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chimichanu
Member since 2003 • 112 Posts
Mike Tyson's one hell of a speller.
littleman1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 littleman1992
Member since 2004 • 1727 Posts
Wow you have to be legally blind.

I'm playing on a SDTV and the graphics look AMAZING.

I want a link to a game that has better graphics then GOW for the original Xbox.

Fanboy, troll, cow, sheep, hermit
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
Gears of War won multiple game of the year awards and is widely accepted as THE single best looking console video game on the market. Quit trolling.
flatline711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 flatline711
Member since 2005 • 2015 Posts
Ive played games on both an SDTV and and HDTV and i have to say that the games look pretty good either way (minus a few select games such as R6V which doesnt look all that great in SD).  That said, games really do look a whole lot better i HD.  So before u come on and try and to state your opinion, how abut u actually pony up for an HDTV b4 u make such stupid comments.
nitrohawk2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nitrohawk2000
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I'm playing on a pretty decent 36" standard def tv ( it had the five colored inputs and S cable so I'm assuming its a decent TV,good options and picture and it wasnt cheap when I bought it a couple years ago) and after a few hours of Oblivion (only 360 game I got) and playing PGR and RR6 and some other demos I D/L'ed man I'm very very impressed with what my $400 fetched me! See I was worried as heck I wouldnt notice one bit of difference since I didnt have a  $thousand$+ HD tv to play it on but thats not true. I'm sure it would make a worlds difference but I'm not as worried about that now after having the 360 and seeing what it can do on my SDTV. HDTV upgrade is for sure though but I need a better sound setup. I can imagine if you play in on a much smaller and much older TV set the results would be quite dissapointing I guess....

But seriously! For example,in the PGR demo when your walking around the garage,the pond thingy in the middle has some seriously awesome water effects,everything has so much detail! The detail put in to everything blew me away! Morrowind:Oblivion looked freakin amazing!  I wouldnt consider myself a fanboy(got all cept ps3 which I'll get soon hopefully),just someone who loves video games.

And I own GOTY Morrowind for the xbox and morrowind:oblivion for the 360 and I couldnt even begin to explain the improvements in Oblivion,you'd have to be %100 blind not to notice.... Not to be a *bleep* ,but how could you not notice the difference?!?!

I'd blame your TV first off,no way in hell the original xbox could compete....

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
It's nothing to do with what tv you have guys. Sure, HD looks nice but i have standard and Gears is still incredible. This is clearly just flame bait.
Santas_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Santas_Hitman
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts

I just bought my 360 about a week ago. I waited so long b/c I was happy with my original xbox until Microsoft cut it off (after what 5 years or so?). The only game I have bought/played so far was GOW on a regular non-HDTV, and I gotta say I'm not impressed with these "next-gen" graphics at all. I could easily see the first xbox swing these kind of graphics if Microsoft wasn't in such a hurry to alienate its old system and make all us fools cough over a ton more cash. I mean the jump from PSone to xbox/PS2 was unbelievable, but this next transition is about as impressive as Mike Tyson in a spelling contest. This is just my opinion however, and I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

burmese19
I gotta agree with you, that was my first impression as well and in a way continues to be. However you do need to try it in HD. After you see some games in HD you will know that this is not possible on xbox 1, however it may not be as "mind blowing" as some people like to make it seem. I also felt that this one when compared to the jump from ps1/n64 to ps2/GC/xbox was quite underwhelming.
xbox360_4_lyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 xbox360_4_lyf
Member since 2006 • 745 Posts
how can you not be impressed the grathics on all the games are amazing you must be part blind lol g.o.w has awsome grathics so oblivion nba 2007 tiger wood 2007 , fifa 07 , call of duty 3 , rockstar table tennis and plennty more i cant belive that you thik there bad its unbelvable lol you are perfetic ..... if not impressed with the grathics you must hate all the grathics on all the consoles out at the moment
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
[QUOTE="burmese19"]

KurupSoldr
First off Play it on an HDTV then say something, the game was not bulit to be played on a regular NOn HDTV. If you think it still looks horrible after that i will respect your opinion. But i suggest you do that first before you bash the graphics on a truly amazing visual game with and HDTV

I play it on a non-HDTV and it still looks better than anything the original XBOX could put out.
ravage77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ravage77
Member since 2006 • 390 Posts
get back under your bridge troll.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

burmese19
buy a colour tv. latest thing
dreamscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dreamscott
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts
Go HDTV and then give us your opinion.
Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts
I play on an SDTV and I think GoW looks amazing...
butterob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 butterob
Member since 2006 • 1090 Posts
dear oh dear.... GOW is the nicest looking game out at the moment..i suggest you don't bother with gaming at all in the future buddy
Avatar image for Taxpaying_Acorn
Taxpaying_Acorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Taxpaying_Acorn
Member since 2004 • 4952 Posts
[QUOTE="burmese19"]

I just bought my 360 about a week ago. I waited so long b/c I was happy with my original xbox until Microsoft cut it off (after what 5 years or so?). The only game I have bought/played so far was GOW on a regular non-HDTV, and I gotta say I'm not impressed with these "next-gen" graphics at all. I could easily see the first xbox swing these kind of graphics if Microsoft wasn't in such a hurry to alienate its old system and make all us fools cough over a ton more cash. I mean the jump from PSone to xbox/PS2 was unbelievable, but this next transition is about as impressive as Mike Tyson in a spelling contest. This is just my opinion however, and I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

KurupSoldr

I play my games on a enhanced definition tv and it looks impressive :(
rockokla4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 rockokla4life
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts

I'll tell you my friend gears on an hdtv shows you it's true beauty.

I also believe you are one that won't ever be impressed if Gears hasn't struck your fancy.

kyle_1865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kyle_1865
Member since 2005 • 1025 Posts

who cares? there are probably some games with better graphics on original (forza looks better than crackdown in my opinion) but next gen isn't all about graphics. its about breaking out of the box of standard button mashing games and exploring new things like gears did with the "super a button". youre just a stupid troll doushe bag

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts

who cares? there are probably some games with better graphics on original (forza looks better than crackdown in my opinion) but next gen isn't all about graphics. its about breaking out of the box of standard button mashing games and exploring new things like gears did with the "super a button". youre just a stupid troll doushe bag

kyle_1865
Gears wasn't the first game to use a "super A button". Resident Evil 4, anyone?
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
[QUOTE="kyle_1865"]

stevenk4k5
Gears wasn't the first game to use a "super A button". Resident Evil 4, anyone?

yep. it's one of the things that made RE4 great.
Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts
Now my question is, just imagine what Geow 2 will look like
Eggsandwich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Eggsandwich06
Member since 2006 • 535 Posts
i have an sdtv and i agree its not that impressive, but with the current tech, next gen consoles arent exactly designed for them. like r6v for example, looks terrible on an sdtv especially trying to read words, but it looks incredible on an HDTV.
JumpingMirrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JumpingMirrior
Member since 2004 • 11495 Posts
Buy HD VGA cables ( the allow you to hook up your 360 to your PC monitor for cheap, easy HD. ) It really helps the graphics
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#36 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
[QUOTE="Comorat"][QUOTE="burmese19"]

REELDIEL3

thats what i was thinkin   lol

I do have to say that even on an SDTV you can see how good the graphics are! If you honestly think that Gears has graphics that an Xbox could do, you need to be committed! Console-wise they are the best graphics out there! Shoot, there really aren't even computer games that have graphics that are better (yet, Crysis I'm looking at you). Just keep playing your PS3 and pretending you got a 360...

jdwollmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jdwollmann
Member since 2006 • 613 Posts
yeah me to and I like the graphics and they should keep up the good work and continue making the graphics like in project Gotham racing 3 and in lost planet and the demos because if they do they'll keep more and more people playing on x box live and they will get more advice from the other people playing there games and then you will be able to see the roads in project Gotham racing more crisp like and then continuing that they will make the star wars game that there making and they'll keep me playing that game on x box live.
lobobizarro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 lobobizarro
Member since 2005 • 681 Posts
[QUOTE="burmese19"]

Comorat

ROFL Thank you, bad day at work, this made it better... PWND!
TemkaNY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TemkaNY
Member since 2004 • 479 Posts
This belongs in system wars, obvious troll attempt.milsvaard
hahahhaha ! Nice
latin0playa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 latin0playa
Member since 2006 • 453 Posts
[QUOTE="Comorat"][QUOTE="burmese19"]

mother_farter

PWNT :lol:

hahaha :P nice
K dude if you cant see the difference then you are obviosly smoking to  much weed
like who doesnt like the graphics

Hey guy im not trying to push ur buttons but rent PGR and try it on Hd or on  like a 30 inch tV or bigger U wont belive ur eyes

WHO COULDNT LIKE GEARS??
BonziBoce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BonziBoce
Member since 2004 • 304 Posts
a troll attempt, my ps3 fanboy friend said the same thing to me yesterday haha
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
i play on a SDTV, sure HD is better but maybe some people cant afford HDs. but still on a SD the graphics are brilliant. so go play HD then come back and say that the graphics are not very good. one more thing the games are designed in HD so they wont be as good on a SD, one more thing if your that disapointed with the graphics go back to your xbox 1 then.
martoon96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 martoon96
Member since 2005 • 309 Posts
idiot
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts
to topic creater
Did you expect real life graphics?
Gears graphics are great and even better when played on a HDTV.

ebax7588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 ebax7588
Member since 2005 • 453 Posts
This is such a troll post, these graphics still blow me away on a 20 inch standard definition TV. I'd buy an HDTV if I wasn't still paying for all of my college expenses... including booze. -- "Man these college guys are smart Earl! I'dve never thought of drinking beer upside down before. That way, it goes to your brain instea of your liver." Randy (on kegstands) My Name is Earl
reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 reubendarosa
Member since 2005 • 2727 Posts

i think gears' graphics are great, it does look alot more detailed and clear on an HDTV ...but even on a SDTV it should still look good. i'm sorry to tell you that no other game right now has better graphics then Gears....out of the 3 consoles.

if you want crazy graphics, get a PC

Santas_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 Santas_Hitman
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts
The graphics whores are restless... quiet don't want to spook 'em....
booomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 booomer69
Member since 2005 • 4107 Posts
Well, if you're not impressed with Gears of War, then you won't be impressed with anything else.Thorpe89
Why is that?Look at Mass Effect,Halo 3,Resident Evil 5, Etc.Those games will have better Graphics than Gears Of War.So dont say that.
booomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 booomer69
Member since 2005 • 4107 Posts
Yet again though another Troll goes into a 360 Thread at talks out of his @$$..Seriously look at the amount of Post you have,You expect us to beleave you.Quit trolling you dumb $**T.
kintzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kintzer
Member since 2003 • 806 Posts
Ha!  The topic creator rated Gears at 7.4.........he must have thought he was listing his IQ.