Xbox Live Mb usage?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts
Well i'm plan on getting xbox live and just want to know how much Mbs xbox lives gaming uses on average per hour or even month if anyone knows?Thanks.
lilan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 lilan
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts
Well it depends on the game your playing, your looking at around 5-50MB per hour...
Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Rehehelly
Member since 2005 • 165 Posts
and this is why you buy an internet package with no limit.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

Each game is different in how much data it sends and receives, but for me the biggest usage is downloading demos and videos. I've probably used 10GB+ in just the last week downloading stuff from Marketplace, and that doesn't include Mirror's Edge or the new Tomb Raider demos which I'll get when I've cleared the space for them.

You really don't want to be on a restrictive download package unless you plan your usage carefully.

user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
I am on a 20gb a month plan and have yet to run into any trouble, and I use xbox live quite alot. When I was on a 7gb a month plan I was also fine.. if I watched my downloads in other places.
damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 damaster101

Yeah if i had a keener internet package i'd have it now(obviously) but the prices for Broadband are ridiculous down here but as long as not to many downloads on the computer are made i should be fine.

I'm not even that interested in the downloads i might grab a bit of content here and there but i'm in for the gaming pretty much.I'm thinking i will get into Gears of War 2 for the time being and if it goes ok for the first month i will get stuck into some more xbox live games.

damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 damaster101

When I was on a 7gb a month plan I was also fine.user_nat

Oh well thats good i expected it to use more, theres a few people using the internet sometimes so the data can get chewed up pretty quick in some circumstances.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
and this is why you buy an internet package with no limit.Rehehelly
not needed for online games though, thats just for downloads
Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
I don't get the deal with download limits, I've always been on a restricted plan, and I download a lot of stuff, but I've never had anything happen :?
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

I don't get the deal with download limits, I've always been on a restricted plan, and I download a lot of stuff, but I've never had anything happen :?kamikaze_pigmy

Well it depends on what your limit is. The first broadband package I got only allowed 2GB per month - something which I would break every week now. Considering that some games have 500mb updates required to play online (NFS Prostreet has this), it seriously penalises people with low download limits.

You adjust your habits by the limits you have, so when I was on 2GB limits I adjusted how I gamed to fit the limit. Now I have unlimited I download what I want when I want it, rather than planning around the end of the month.

damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 damaster101

Considering that some games have 500mb updates required to play online (NFS Prostreet has this), it seriously penalises people with low download limits.

Avenger1324

Jeez i hope that isn't with most online games and i hope it doesn't update to often either thats pretty harsh(well for me anyway).

iNsaneMilesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 iNsaneMilesy
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts

This thread has been quite helpful to myself. But thinking as a casual gamer at the moment (Uni kills gaming time). I just got 6GB a month mobile broadband, would this suffice for just casually playing game like MW2 or Halo multi over live once or twice a week for long periods for say 4+hrs sittings on the weekend??

coppcole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 coppcole
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

hi iam on a 2gb monthly thing on 02 and its rippin us off we pay 15£ for 2gb but if i was to go on a package that has unlimited download would that mean i could go on xboxlive for as long as i wanted thanks

p.s i asked you because you seem to know alot about it lol

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

This thread has been quite helpful to myself. But thinking as a casual gamer at the moment (Uni kills gaming time). I just got 6GB a month mobile broadband, would this suffice for just casually playing game like MW2 or Halo multi over live once or twice a week for long periods for say 4+hrs sittings on the weekend??

iNsaneMilesy

The bandwidth likely won't be an issue, 6GB is enough for Xbox Live gaming...But what might give you some problem is the mobile broadband.

Some really aren't Xbox Live friendly. They give you all sorts of NAT issues...

Camzore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Camzore
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I'm planning on getting a 500GB plan a month, so if i had this plan Xbox Live wouldn't be a problem?
sparkychuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sparkychuck
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I'm planning on getting a 500GB plan a month, so if i had this plan Xbox Live wouldn't be a problem?Camzore
well i think u wint have a problem at all ;) unless u have realy bad connection speed or a bad everything TT^TT but u should be fine unlike me i have thhe worst i meen the worst internet ever