Xbox Live in Non-Supported Countries. Help Please!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

declasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 declasse
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts

So I'm English and living in Slovakia...

Unfortunately Slovakia isn't xbox live supported so I can't go online with my new gamertag (I get error messages while signing up for live)

But I can still use gamertags created back home in the UK (or any supported country(which makes no sense to me))

Does anyone know a work-around for this? I just need to have a new gamertag on xbox live but I can't create one!

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Avatar image for abdallahelshamy
abdallahelshamy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 abdallahelshamy
Member since 2005 • 34 Posts
unfortunately you'll have to create one with your country been one of the countries supported in the live subscription, i.e. UK or USA. Besides, you will have to use a credit card issued in one of these 2 countries or other countries among the list to buy gold subscription and Microsoft points, or you'll have to buy redeem cards online. I am sorry to tell you it has no work-around.
-D3ATH-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -D3ATH-
Member since 2008 • 615 Posts

Just choose UK as your country. Estonia isn't supported either, but Live worked fine for me.

At least the trial that is.

If buying doesn't work, change billing address to UK address.

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#4 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
At E3 they said that they're going to be supporting more countries so there's hope about native live support,
declasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 declasse

Thanks, for the advice...

I thried to set the country as UK with my UK credit card and billing address. I got error code 8015401D after entering my new gamertag.

I emailed customer support, they said they have no plans to add Slovakia to the list of supported countries.

Still, It's strange that my UK gamertag still works here no? Could I get someone to create a new gamertag for me (in US or UK or wherever)

and try to recover it here myself? Would that work?

Any volenteers? ;)

vonsvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vonsvin
Member since 2005 • 231 Posts

Thanks, for the advice...

I thried to set the country as UK with my UK credit card and billing address. I got error code 8015401D after entering my new gamertag.

I emailed customer support, they said they have no plans to add Slovakia to the list of supported countries.

Still, It's strange that my UK gamertag still works here no? Could I get someone to create a new gamertag for me (in US or UK or wherever)

and try to recover it here myself? Would that work?

Any volenteers? ;)

declasse

I'm not the kind of guy who likes to help people, but living without XBL is inhumane. Could try and create at gamertag for you, but I don't know if it would help.

Samain101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Samain101
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Man xbox live isn't supported in Pakistan too i've checked any advice plzzzz?
declasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 declasse

Hey Vonsvin,

Yeah, without XBL it sucks, I just bought BFBC 2 and LFD 2 so that's like money well wasted :(

If you can then please do, create a gamertag, send me the info in a PM to recover and I'll try, do that for me and maybe i can send some MS points your way.

Cheers

vonsvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vonsvin
Member since 2005 • 231 Posts

Hey Vonsvin,

Yeah, without XBL it sucks, I just bought BFBC 2 and LFD 2 so that's like money well wasted :(

If you can then please do, create a gamertag, send me the info in a PM to recover and I'll try, do that for me and maybe i can send some MS points your way.

Cheers

declasse

I'm trying to send you a PM but the damned machine tells me that my: HTML is not well-formed. What does that even mean? I hate computers.

declasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 declasse

Sent you a PM

nutrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nutrite
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I live in mainland China, which isnt XBL supported, but Hong Kong is. I did have to create a new account and put Hong Kong SAR as my country of location. I use prepaid cards to get Gold membership since HK cards are on sale on the mainland. Worked fine for the last year or so...

MGamer333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MGamer333
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts

I live in mainland China, which isnt XBL supported, but Hong Kong is. I did have to create a new account and put Hong Kong SAR as my country of location. I use prepaid cards to get Gold membership since HK cards are on sale on the mainland. Worked fine for the last year or so...

nutrite
YES! Im not the only chinese here woooooooooooooohoooooooooo
declasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 declasse

XBL isn't available in China? That's surprising, what's the reason?

I tried to set my location as UK but I just go error messages, I have it sorted now anyway, someone made a new gamertag for me in a supported country and I recovered it here.

So that works if anyone else has the same problem as I had.

MGamer333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MGamer333
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts

XBL isn't available in China? That's surprising, what's the reason?

I tried to set my location as UK but I just go error messages, I have it sorted now anyway, someone made a new gamertag for me in a supported country and I recovered it here.

So that works if anyone else has the same problem as I had.

declasse
China is a communist country, they dont want chinese to get in contact with many americans because i guess the the chinese might think the americans got a better life and then they might want to change their country. Thats just what i think. I mean they also block youtube, facebook, and many american websites
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

Unfortunately Slovakia isn't xbox live supported so I can't go online with my new gamertag (I get error messages while signing up for live)

But I can still use gamertags created back home in the UK (or any supported country(which makes no sense to me))

Does anyone know a work-around for this? I just need to have a new gamertag on xbox live but I can't create one!

Thanks!

declasse
I'll be the one to ask the potentially stupid question...if your original tag works why do you want a new one? you can always buy codes from sites that will email them instead of sending a card so i dont see why you need another one ...
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
yeah buy points online and add them to ur uk account, easiest option.
Chmielok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chmielok
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
You can wait. In Fall they're going to enable XBL for Czech and Poland. If you choose Czech, you have similar language of XBL.
declasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 declasse

[QUOTE="declasse"]

Thanks!

penpusher

I'll be the one to ask the potentially stupid question...if your original tag works why do you want a new one? you can always buy codes from sites that will email them instead of sending a card so i dont see why you need another one ...

Hey, not a stupid question, I just felt like a change in gamertag, I wanted to replay older games and get the achievements again etc...

DvnDrgnXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DvnDrgnXD
Member since 2006 • 530 Posts
Man xbox live isn't supported in Pakistan too i've checked any advice plzzzz?Samain101
A lot of businesses won't do business in a terrorist state that is governed by a corrupt politician, hurt their PR.
iArtisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 iArtisan
Member since 2010 • 608 Posts
[QUOTE="Samain101"]Man xbox live isn't supported in Pakistan too i've checked any advice plzzzz?DvnDrgnXD
A lot of businesses won't do business in a terrorist state that is governed by a corrupt politician, hurt their PR.

Great job not answering the guy's questions and bashing his nationality instead.