XBOX 720 POLL: Always Online

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="shaunchgo"]I'm buying anyway as I don't see what the big deal is.ziggyww
It's not a big deal. People are naive.

People are not that naive this always online rumour is in connection with the rumour that if your internet drops you will not be able to play your games even the single player aspect of the game. I for one will not want a console that will refuse me to play my game that I paid for on the console I paid for, because my internet has dropped, internet is going to slow to connect or server maintenance. Your the one that's naive to just take it as it comes and bend over for Microsoft

Well, those other people are naive, you're just ignorant. The always online thing is a rumor that has been hyperbolically blown out of proportion. Microsoft has already come out and said that many things including single player games can be played offline. Don't talk like an ass insulting people when you are clearly misinformed and are just conforming to the panic started from anboys who have nothing better to do.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="ziggyww"][QUOTE="firefox59"] It's not a big deal. People are naive.

People are not that naive this always online rumour is in connection with the rumour that if your internet drops you will not be able to play your games even the single player aspect of the game. I for one will not want a console that will refuse me to play my game that I paid for on the console I paid for, because my internet has dropped, internet is going to slow to connect or server maintenance. Your the one that's naive to just take it as it comes and bend over for Microsoft

Well, those other people are naive, you're just ignorant. The always online thing is a rumor that has been hyperbolically blown out of proportion. Microsoft has already come out and said that many things including single player games can be played offline. Don't talk like an ass insulting people when you are clearly misinformed and are just conforming to the panic started from anboys who have nothing better to do.

The point is nothing has yet been shown. For that we still have to wait around 10 hours but the always on-line thing doesn't bother me it will be the always on-line required aspect that bothers me and that hasn't been disproved or proved and we have to wait till the conference tonight to know for sure. My simple point was that you think people are naive because you feel that they are over blowing something with little or no information and suggesting that the 720 will require a always on-line connection despite Crytek reporting to be making a game for the next Xbox which will be always on-line, or Respawn the new start up from the guys who got fired of the cod team reporting to be making a game for the next Xbox which we always be on-line and of course the whole issue with what Adam Orth said over twitter. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-30-respawn-game-is-reportedly-an-always-online-xbox-exclusive There is a lot of speculation and a lot of rumours floating about the always on-line because it looks like a strong possibility. It is however a rumour and we will not know for sure if its true. You though are saying that people are naive is just wrong. In my point of view a lot of people have looked at these sources and have read through them and have heard about the whole Adam Orth and it does lead to not so good news...no smoke without fire. We are all hoping it isn't true though and I think all us gamers can agree on that but you despite the strong indications of a always on-line connection are going on nothing but pure faith that Microsoft will not do it which to me is the definition of being naive and that was my main point. Do I want always on-line...no, but I don't think any of us gamers do but do I ignore the possibility...no and show a little concern...yes same as I think most gamers are because none of us have a magical ball to know what will be shown and announced.
skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

They say they listen to there fans but they will still put always online on it any way so they dont listen.

harrison91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 harrison91
Member since 2005 • 451 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctAQMS9bUDk