WTF Halo 3 Map pack due Dec 11. 800 points for 3 maps.

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts
Wow. I hope gamers everywhere show how we will not be ripped off. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/news/20071119-heroicmappack.htm
gamerpaul21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gamerpaul21
Member since 2005 • 259 Posts
Dude chill. I am used to it by now i paid $60 for XBL and $100 for the wireless adapter. Microsoft loves ripping us off. Its like gamestop we cant do anything to stop it.
herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 herbie12282
Member since 2002 • 2861 Posts
old news. it sucks but you know just as well as i do that people including myself will cave in and buy these maps because i love playing this game. To be honest, i'd pay the same for a Call of Duty 4 map pack and i probably will have to.
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Taijiquan

Dude chill. I am used to it by now i paid $60 for XBL and $100 for the wireless adapter. Microsoft loves ripping us off. Its like gamestop we cant do anything to stop it.gamerpaul21

I don't need to chill as I am not worked up. Microsoft may love ripping people off but there are people getting sick of it. My Live subscription runs out the end of next month. The only game I really play on my 360 is CoD4 although I do own a few. Instead of me renewing my subscription, I am ditching Live trading in my CoD 4 and and grabbing it on PS3. I guess we can do something to stop it.

Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Taijiquan

old news. it sucks but you know just as well as i do that people including myself will cave in and buy these maps because i love playing this game. To be honest, i'd pay the same for a Call of Duty 4 map pack and i probably will have to.herbie12282

No, IW will certainly come with more then 3 maps for $10.

acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts
old news. it sucks but you know just as well as i do that people including myself will cave in and buy these maps because i love playing this game. To be honest, i'd pay the same for a Call of Duty 4 map pack and i probably will have to.herbie12282
Well, I would be more than happy to pay 800 points for a cod 4 map pack but I know it will most likely be 4 maps if not 5, so it wont be a rip off, and I would still get it if it was only 3 maps anyways because cod4 is actually fun, unlike halo 3, h3 is only fun with your friends, and even at that, its only average. I am gonna just dl these when they are free in the spring.
_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

Dude chill. I am used to it by now i paid $60 for XBL and $100 for the wireless adapter. Microsoft loves ripping us off. Its like gamestop we cant do anything to stop it.gamerpaul21

Sure people can do something about it. You simply vote with your wallet... by closing it. The price for the maps are a little bit more expensive than the previous Halo 2 map packs, and I'm curious to see what the price will be when Bungie releases more maps

lordking65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lordking65
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerpaul21"]Dude chill. I am used to it by now i paid $60 for XBL and $100 for the wireless adapter. Microsoft loves ripping us off. Its like gamestop we cant do anything to stop it.Taijiquan

I don't need to chill as I am not worked up. Microsoft may love ripping people off but there are people getting sick of it. My Live subscription runs out the end of next month. The only game I really play on my 360 is CoD4 although I do own a few. Instead of me renewing my subscription, I am ditching Live trading in my CoD 4 and and grabbing it on PS3. I guess we can do something to stop it.

go right ahead, no one is stoping you. one less person to worry about. stop compaining and be a man. if you hate xbox or itsweirdDLC prices,then dont play it, its as simple as that. we're tried of people like you. people that keep complaining so just go the the darkside and return your xbox 360 and get a ps3. go complain in your blog not in the forums.

ps. MS isnt ripping you off, you're ripping yourself off for buying it. jeez

TheDanwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 TheDanwich
Member since 2006 • 471 Posts
Thats just not even fair.... I will not be purchasing these.
dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts
definately a first day buy for me and the majority of halo 3 players. pretty good deal too.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Why do people get worked up over paying for Map packs? They've been around for years now you'd think people would learn to deal with it. Of course its a little expensive compartively to Halo 2's $12 for 5 maps. But you know what that was inferior technology that was cheaper to develop. People learned to live with current gen games being $10 more per game they'll just have to deal with their map packs being more to. Its economics people things get more expensive, especially with technology.
ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerpaul21"]Dude chill. I am used to it by now i paid $60 for XBL and $100 for the wireless adapter. Microsoft loves ripping us off. Its like gamestop we cant do anything to stop it.Taijiquan

are u serious the PS3 online is free for a reason, its nothing compared to Xbox Live I rather pay for the quality instead of taking free junk, but hey if you can find any good games to play (good luck) then enjoy
TheNIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14 TheNIM
Member since 2006 • 312 Posts
You people complaining about having to pay for something extra are a bunch of crybabies. it's something that the game didn't come with.... expect to pay for it. If the maps the game came with aren't good enough for you and you aren't willing to pay for extra maps, then stfu about it.
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

First: dude you can have your own opinion and so can we.
Second:Wasn't Gears of War more popular for it's online play in it's third month out then Halo 3 is right now?
Third: Why can you get the Gears of War maps free but the Heroic Map Pack is 800 points? no sense whatsoevercristinin45

Bungie and Microsoft have no commone sense. They do not realise that the majority of the fanboys whom play Halo 3 are under 18 and unemployed.

Gear of War offered free maps true. That's why Epic is repected by the community. The second map pack they released with 5 Maps. They had to charge for that at the beginning because of MICROSOFT!! The maps eventually became free however.

The thing is Halo 3 is a huge disappointment. I can't stand to play the game anymore. I would never pay for extra content after investing $60 into a game. That's already a ripoff to pay that much, plus they want to release maps a month later and charge money. Those maps were finished back in SEPT. Bungie is just milking IDIOTS for more money.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
i know ms knows every one will buy ne way and bungie doesnt get to decide
Avatar image for thefuzzyfatbunn
thefuzzyfatbunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thefuzzyfatbunn
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I'm definitely getting it. Did you see that new mode for forge. The soccer thing. That sounds awesome.
TheNIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 TheNIM
Member since 2006 • 312 Posts

[QUOTE="dkdk999"]paradise awaits what you just said was complete crap ParadiseAwaits

Sound like you must be a Halo fanboy.

Go buy your silly maps. Waste your money.

Ummm... If he feels he got value for his purchase, who are you to say he "wasted" his money. Maybe he doesn't want to play Gears online anymore because it lacks the options Halo has online. Or maybe you don't like Halo because of the hype and quite frankly, it's repetitive.

It's a difference of opinion. To me Gears campaign was better, but the online sucked. Nothing against the game itself. Just my opinion. Does that make me a "fanboy"?

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

I'm definitely getting it. Did you see that new mode for forge. The soccer thing. That sounds awesome.thefuzzyfatbunn

Yahh dude!! The hell with FIFA!!!

I got Halo soccer for $10!! whooo

Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts
all you people stop whining! wait untill spring if you care so much about the price. thats when there gonna be free, cuz new maps are coming out then. i read it on IGN in a preview of the maps....seriously get over it.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ket87

[QUOTE="cristinin45"]First: dude you can have your own opinion and so can we.
Second:Wasn't Gears of War more popular for it's online play in it's third month out then Halo 3 is right now?
Third: Why can you get the Gears of War maps free but the Heroic Map Pack is 800 points? no sense whatsoeverParadiseAwaits

Bungie and Microsoft have no commone sense. They do not realise that the majority of the fanboys whom play Halo 3 are under 18 and unemployed.

Gear of War offered free maps true. That's why Epic is repected by the community. The second map pack they released with 5 Maps. They had to charge for that at the beginning because of MICROSOFT!! The maps eventually became free however.

The thing is Halo 3 is a huge disappointment. I can't stand to play the game anymore. I would never pay for extra content after investing $60 into a game. That's already a ripoff to pay that much, plus they want to release maps a month later and charge money. Those maps were finished back in SEPT. Bungie is just milking IDIOTS for more money.

When Epic first released the first pack for Gears MS wanted them to be pay they tried to force them to be pay but Epic got around it by getting sponsorship from the Discovery Channel, thats why everything surrounding that map pack has discovery channel all over it. Even they couldn't persuade Microsoft without some sort of money.

race_suace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 race_suace
Member since 2006 • 1685 Posts
gaming is not a cheap hobby my friend
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ket87
Only reason I'm even buying it is because I bought points a long time ago then never got anything lol. And theres nothing else really worth downloading besides this anyways.
ZeroOrDie865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 ZeroOrDie865
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
Just don't buy it then. No one is forcing you to buy it. It's going to be free when the next map pack comes out, and I'm going to wait until its free.
stevoluvmunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 stevoluvmunch
Member since 2005 • 1176 Posts

gaming is not a cheap hobby my friendrace_suace

ur sig wins

azorath44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 azorath44
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts

well bungie isn't owned by mircosoft anymore, and if u ppl were smart u wouda preordered though best buy and gotten 15 dollars of MS points for free

Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Taijiquan
[QUOTE="Taijiquan"]

[QUOTE="gamerpaul21"]Dude chill. I am used to it by now i paid $60 for XBL and $100 for the wireless adapter. Microsoft loves ripping us off. Its like gamestop we cant do anything to stop it.lordking65

go right ahead, no one is stoping you. one less person to worry about. stop compaining and be a man. if you hate xbox or itsweirdDLC prices,then dont play it, its as simple as that. we're tried of people like you. people that keep complaining so just go the the darkside and return your xbox 360 and get a ps3. go complain in your blog not in the forums.

ps. MS isnt ripping you off, you're ripping yourself off for buying it. jeez

Sigh.... Seems like you may be in the minority on this. Youare being kind of aggressivein your post and it is very immature.I have a 2 year old daughter and a wife, I own my own house. I have a 50 inch 1080pSamsung 5084 Plasma, 42inch 1080p 42d64u Sharp Aquos and the very monitorI am notviewing this on is a 37inch 1080p Westinghouse. These are powered buy killer surround sound systems by Onkyo powering Polk Audio speakers. You see, its not about the money, its about the value and the point that Microsoft doesn't know when to quit.

I won't pay it and evidently neither will alot of other people. I am tired of people like you. Thinking you have some type of duty to speak on behalf of the community only makes you look like a fool. You sound like you have been programmed by Microsoft to just eat everything they feed you and follow accordingly. You are doing a great job of it. This doesn't make you a man, this makesyou a tool.

These forums are for discussion. There are still some civil people around. Learn somemanners. Think next time before you try and tell someone where to post.

Go to the darkside? lmfao, what does that mean? Do you have a lightsaber? Ihave owned 2 PS3s. The online is everybit as good as 360 and better in some regard. Obviously you do not have one as this is the same situation for most that make the assumption PS3 sucks online.I wouldn't return my 360. I am not sure where your spastic train of thought is boarding at though. I like my 360. Just don't care forLive much when the alternatives arebetter and obviously free. Just my opinion. See how civil I was? :D

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
that's 800 ms points i wont be spending on.... o well *continues playing CoD 4*
def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts
u guys still worried about MS ripping us off.? theyve been doing that for so long. get over it.
Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#33 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
I'm not too excited about spending MORE money on Halo, but the truth is my biggest concern is how well new maps will implement into the matchmaking system :|
Say if hardly no one buys the maps (which is not happening) and most of the gamers who do ownthem vary betweenhigh and low levels... will the matchmaking system be specially adjusted for this?!
Bonez_Mahoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bonez_Mahoney
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts

For the amount of playtime Halo 3 receives on my 360 I'm not even sure why i bought it. Well, basically because alot of my friends did and i do enjoy playing the game with them, sadly if they are not on I don't even play the game online, and i still haven't finished the campaign on Legendary because I just feel the game is mediocre at best and i have a hard time sitting through it. I played1, then 2, and 3 which is kinda...the same? lol. Sure, with 3 there are alot of excellent features in the online, really if COD4 had the ability to save filmclips I think I'd trade Halo 3 in for Assassin's Creed. It had awesome additions for multiplayer this time around, but it's still Halo, and for me, thats nothing special. I will wait until the mapsare free and then get them simply BECAUSE they are free, I don't know that I'll see alot of playtime on them anyway hehe. For me personally, CoD4 Multiplayer is currently where it's at for a good time, if it could only save films and stuff it would be complete. Just an opinion, i'm sure it differs with the fanboys of Halo, who are normally just that. Boys.

~Peace

GamingThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GamingThief
Member since 2007 • 652 Posts

I'll wait till they are free but i still might not play much of halo3.

Avatar image for SentryGunner411
SentryGunner411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SentryGunner411
Member since 2007 • 1047 Posts

u guys still worried about MS ripping us off.? theyve been doing that for so long. get over it.def_mode

He's right.

If you don't want to be an idiot and get ripped, then don't buy the garbage Halo map pack.

Its totally up to the consumer. Most people don't have common sense when it comes to money, so they will buy a lot of trash that will reap little to no rewards.

Oni_Ookami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Oni_Ookami
Member since 2005 • 2765 Posts
every overpriced XBL DLC causes gamers to go run to the forums and cry thier eyes out in the hopes that someone will care...it hasent worked thus far so save your breath and just dont buy it. damn carebears...
RookWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RookWolf
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts
Crying about it here isn't going to help, I'm not spending any more money on Halo 3... in-fact I'm going to trade it in for Command on Conquer 3 this afternoon.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

First: dude you can have your own opinion and so can we.
Third: Why can you get the Gears of War maps free but the Heroic Map Pack is 800 points? no sense whatsoevercristinin45

well gears of war did what halo 3 is doing, brought out the maps first where u have to pay for them then after a short while make them free.

the people moaning need to sort they lives out, if you dont like the fact they are charging for them then dont buy them. they going to be free in 3 months anyways.

just do what im doing wiat the 3 months to buy them, coz they aint going to be in the ranked rotations anyways until they are free. so ya might as well not buy them and get them next year in 3 months when they are free. thats what i did with gears of war, gwar 2, call of duty 3 and las vegas . not that i dont buy any content. but i think its best to pick and choose. i got the courses for forza and tunes for gitar hero but its plain to see if ya dont like the prices most the time they make them free anyways when they bring a new one out.

people just need to chill coz in reality they getting free maps if they dont liek the price and they wont be that usefull anyways until everyone has them for free

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

I'm not too excited about spending MORE money on Halo, but the truth is my biggest concern is how well new maps will implement into the matchmaking system :|
Say if hardly no one buys the maps (which is not happening) and most of the gamers who do ownthem vary betweenhigh and low levels... will the matchmaking system be specially adjusted for this?!Dreski83

ya can only use them in social matches, the matchmaking wont put them into use for ranked games untill they are released as free maps in 3 months

but really how can you tell people arnt going to buy the maps. i reckon considering how many copies of the game they sold that they will sell a decent amount. people will buy em deffos just for all games most people dont buy DLC but the pure hardcore fans of the games usually do.. but ya right they wont be kicking till they made free to public in ranked matches.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#41 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
[QUOTE="Taijiquan"]

[QUOTE="gamerpaul21"]Dude chill. I am used to it by now i paid $60 for XBL and $100 for the wireless adapter. Microsoft loves ripping us off. Its like gamestop we cant do anything to stop it.ProjectPat187

are u serious the PS3 online is free for a reason, its nothing compared to Xbox Live I rather pay for the quality instead of taking free junk, but hey if you can find any good games to play (good luck) then enjoy

Wow how long will it take before the PS3 has any "good games" to play??? It has plenty, and that argument expired about three months ago. In terms of play, the PSN is par if not better (no god hosts or lag) than Live, but as far as community goes, Live has it bya mile. You've obviously never played on the PSN. Dont call me bias though, because Gears of War online is easily the best "next gen" game I've played online. It never gets old.

Everyone needs to give this guy a break. It's his opinion, and he obviously still finds is unacceptable to pay 10 bucks for three maps. If someone was to tell you three years ago we'd be making all these lil microtransactions, and paying 10 bucks for three maps, you all would have been outraged too. It's something we've caved into, and it's fine that some people still are against it.

cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
$10/3=$3.33per map.
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
definately a first day buy for me and the majority of halo 3 players. pretty good deal too.dipper145
how is 3 maps for $10 a good deal? Seriously, this is pathetic taht some of you are even supporting this garbage. At least with the Halo2 map packs they gave us 3-4 maps for $5. I truely hope that the majority of the Halo3 fanbase doesn't buy this so both Bungie and MS will realize that they shouldn't try to rip off their loyal fanbase. Bungie has just proven to me just how greedy they are and I now regret buying Halo3 seeing how CoD4 is a FAR better overall experience. Better single player and FAR better MP (with 16 maps from the get go).
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ket87
To qoute something someone said before "CoD4 has alot of maps but none of them are memorable". The maps are just there and really don't change up the strategy of a game besides Vacant which forces close quarters combat on you and thats about it. Halo in general not 3 has probably the most recognized map in any console FPS, Blood Gulch/Coagulation. Nothing in the "amazing GOTY CoD4" has anything that anyone will care for a year or two down the road. Has Infinity Ward even said if they are making map packs for it? They didn't do it for 2 I'm pretty sure.
ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
[QUOTE="ProjectPat187"][QUOTE="Taijiquan"]

[QUOTE="gamerpaul21"]Dude chill. I am used to it by now i paid $60 for XBL and $100 for the wireless adapter. Microsoft loves ripping us off. Its like gamestop we cant do anything to stop it.carljohnson3456

Wow how long will it take before the PS3 has any "good games" to play??? It has plenty, and that argument expired about three months ago. In terms of play, the PSN is par if not better (no god hosts or lag) than Live, but as far as community goes, Live has it bya mile. You've obviously never played on the PSN. Dont call me bias though, because Gears of War online is easily the best "next gen" game I've played online. It never gets old.

Everyone needs to give this guy a break. It's his opinion, and he obviously still finds is unacceptable to pay 10 bucks for three maps. If someone was to tell you three years ago we'd be making all these lil microtransactions, and paying 10 bucks for three maps, you all would have been outraged too. It's something we've caved into, and it's fine that some people still are against it.

well considering my PS3 is collecting dust doesn't mean I never played on PSN it just mean I don't play on it, anyway I know you didn't say PSN is better than Live we all know thats only a dream of Sony's and ofcourse YOURS
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
i dont mind waiting for the maps to be free, hell i can barely get into a game of halo anyways, why spend money on something when the connection never works for me
TheDanwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#47 TheDanwich
Member since 2006 • 471 Posts

Wow there are a lot of mean people...... the person who posted this was just making a point and all people seem to be saying is "Get over it!" Or "Stop Whining!"

Avatar image for TheActionFigure
TheActionFigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheActionFigure
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
I'll be buying the maps because Halo 3 is the only thing I play online theses days, and it's an awesome game. Ten dollars isn't gonna break the bank either.
smallville206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 smallville206
Member since 2006 • 817 Posts
I still play Halo 3, but barely as all my friends (the same ones who insisted I get Halo 3 as they were going to play all the time) all jumped shipped to play Call of Duty 4, which I play a lot more. I consider Halo 3 an above average shooter, but nothing spectacular and think it's crazy they would charge $10 for only 3 maps, I would expect at least 5 maps minimum for that price. I make pretty decent money, but at the same time I don't just spend it foolishly.
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts

To qoute something someone said before "CoD4 has alot of maps but none of them are memorable". The maps are just there and really don't change up the strategy of a game besides Vacant which forces close quarters combat on you and thats about it. Halo in general not 3 has probably the most recognized map in any console FPS, Blood Gulch/Coagulation. Nothing in the "amazing GOTY CoD4" has anything that anyone will care for a year or two down the road. Has Infinity Ward even said if they are making map packs for it? They didn't do it for 2 I'm pretty sure.Ket87

IW actually released 7-8 new maps for CoD2. The total number of MP maps currently is 17 for that game. :| whoever said that the maps in CoD4 aren't memorable, was horribly wrong. Maps such as Crash, Overgrown, Bloc, Ambush and many others offer a truely unique feel. They all do an extremely good job of giving you not only areas to flank the opposition, but also offer amazing places to hold up and defend depending on how you want to play it. I sure hope IW wouldn't be announcing "NEW" maps already. Why should they? After all, the game just came out 1 month ago. When IW does bring new maps to CoD4, you can bet that the value will be FAR greater then this crap Bungie is pulling. As far as I'm concerned, Halo3 just earned itself a one way ticket to Gamestop because of Bungies greediness.

Enjoy the rip off.