Would Crysis run on the 360?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ortadragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ortadragoon
Member since 2005 • 195 Posts

I'm curious. Could Crysis run on the 360 and the Playstation 3? It's a demanding game. You need a minimum of 2 gigs of RAM, a GeForce 7800, and a high-end Pentium 4 (or comparable dual core processor, which are more powerful than the Pentium 4s without as much true clock speed) to run the game with decent performance with graphics that even relate to those on the box. Running at max... SLI 8800GTXs, 3 gigs of RAM, and a high-end dual core CPU.

Granted, it's a PC game. Console games never need to requirements of PC games because the hardware is specialized just to play games. I'm wondering if Crysis could run on the new consoles. Anybody think it could?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#2 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Crysis will never play on 360 or ps3 IN ITS ORIGINAL FORM.

The graphics cards and ram just doesnt cut it on the consoles

Ryuketsu2043

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ryuketsu2043
Member since 2004 • 1899 Posts
It could easily play it...on like medium or maybe high if written/ported very well..
skulper34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 skulper34
Member since 2004 • 2747 Posts

It could easily play it...on like medium or maybe high if written/ported very well..Ryuketsu2043

um... no

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kozzy1234

It could easily play it...on like medium or maybe high if written/ported very well..Ryuketsu2043

There is no possible way that the 360 or ps3 could run crysis at HIGH settings, thats IMPOSSIBLE

Ortadragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ortadragoon
Member since 2005 • 195 Posts

You have to remember that you cannot judge consoles and PCs in the same sense. A console is designed to play games; it does not have to run a complex operating system in the background. I think the 360's RAM would suffice for Crysis.

The video card is where I'm worried. The 360's card is a generation behind the current ATIs (well, technically it's a bridge generation card) and nVidia's but I believe the game could run on high settings if it was coded well.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
It could run just as well on a 360 or PS3 as well as your average gaming computer. As powerful as PC's are these days rarely can they use their full potential for gaming. Consoles are for gaming only and therefore better utilize the capabilities of the hardware.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kozzy1234
you guys are seriously crazy if you think crysis in its original form can work on the 360 or ps3. Go play Crysis on a high end pc on HIGH or Ultra High and then come tell me it can run on the consoles. ITS NOT COMING TO CONSOLES IN ITS TRUE FORM PEOPLE, GET OVER IT!
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KC_Hokie
you guys are seriously crazy if you think crysis in its original form can work on the 360 or ps3. Go play Crysis on a high end pc on HIGH or Ultra High and then come tell me it can run on the consoles. ITS NOT COMING TO CONSOLES IN ITS TRUE FORM PEOPLE, GET OVER IT!kozzy1234
Very few people can play Crysis on Ultra High in the first place. Crysis could be run on the 360 and PS3 normal and maybe even high PC settings.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]you guys are seriously crazy if you think crysis in its original form can work on the 360 or ps3. Go play Crysis on a high end pc on HIGH or Ultra High and then come tell me it can run on the consoles. ITS NOT COMING TO CONSOLES IN ITS TRUE FORM PEOPLE, GET OVER IT!KC_Hokie
Very few people can play Crysis on Ultra High in the first place. Crysis could be run on the 360 and PS3 normal and maybe even high PC settings.

What makes you say that? Have you even played Crysis before??? Do you even know the 360's ram and video card????????

ITS NOT COMING TO CONSOLES IN ITS TRUE ORIGINAL FORM. And no ps3 or 360 CAN NOT play crysis on HIGH, thats impossible with that video card.

Your going to be very dissapointed if you think Crysis in its true form can be done on consoles.

Show me again how the 360 has 2 gigs of ram? :lol:

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]you guys are seriously crazy if you think crysis in its original form can work on the 360 or ps3. Go play Crysis on a high end pc on HIGH or Ultra High and then come tell me it can run on the consoles. ITS NOT COMING TO CONSOLES IN ITS TRUE FORM PEOPLE, GET OVER IT!kozzy1234

What makes you say that? Have you even played Crysis before??? Do you even know the 360's ram and video card????????

ITS NOT COMING TO CONSOLES IN ITS TRUE ORIGINAL FORM. And no ps3 or 360 CAN NOT play crysis on HIGH, thats impossible with that video card.

I have played Crysis before and think it could be played on the 360 and PS3 in original form because the consoles can maximize their hardware better.

People said the same thing about Doom 3 and Half Life two last generation. But, this time the hardware in the consoles is more capable to run PC ports.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kozzy1234
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]you guys are seriously crazy if you think crysis in its original form can work on the 360 or ps3. Go play Crysis on a high end pc on HIGH or Ultra High and then come tell me it can run on the consoles. ITS NOT COMING TO CONSOLES IN ITS TRUE FORM PEOPLE, GET OVER IT!KC_Hokie

I have played Crysis before and think it could be played on the 360 and PS3 in original form because the consoles can maximize their hardware better.

People said the same thing about Doom 3 and Half Life two last generation. But, this time the hardware in the consoles is more capable to run PC ports.

You must be drunk or just not very smart..... but Crysis cant be done on consoles in its true form, not happening. Maybe a watered down version that is smaller and alot less graphics.

Show me again where the 360 has 2 gigs of ram/memory?????????????

You cannot compare Doom 3 to Crysis hahaha, I knew the xbox would be able to do Doom 3. But Crysis is a whole differnt ball game Jedi

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]you guys are seriously crazy if you think crysis in its original form can work on the 360 or ps3. Go play Crysis on a high end pc on HIGH or Ultra High and then come tell me it can run on the consoles. ITS NOT COMING TO CONSOLES IN ITS TRUE FORM PEOPLE, GET OVER IT!kozzy1234

You must be drunk or just not very smart..... but Crysis cant be done on consoles in its true form, not happening. Maybe a watered down version that is smaller and alot less graphics.

You cannot compare Doom 3 to Crysis hahaha, I knew the xbox would be able to do Doom 3. But Crysis is a whole differnt ball game Jedi

Do you not understand how the 360 and PS3 can utilize their gaming capability better than the hardware on a PC?

And when Crysis is ported into a near indentical form do I get to say I told you so? Because they are working on porting it as we speak...in it's current form!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kozzy1234
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]you guys are seriously crazy if you think crysis in its original form can work on the 360 or ps3. Go play Crysis on a high end pc on HIGH or Ultra High and then come tell me it can run on the consoles. ITS NOT COMING TO CONSOLES IN ITS TRUE FORM PEOPLE, GET OVER IT!KC_Hokie

Do you not understand how the 360 and PS3 can utilize their gaming capability better than the hardware on a PC?

And when Crysis is ported into a near indentical form do I get to say I told you so? Because they are working on porting it as we speak...in it's current form!

You have nothing to back up your claims... go check the requirements for crysis again little boy.

If they are working on a Crysis game for consoles, ITS NOT THE SAME AS THE PC VERSION, simple as that, coming from the people who made teh game.

Might be playing Crysis at medium or low settings, but there is NO WAY they can get HIGH settings out of that graphics card ont he 360.. NO WAY. Try again little one!

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
who cares? if it's just a direct port, the quality of the graphics won't save any of Crysis's flaws like outdated multiplayer and bad replay value.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f93995c29447
deactivated-5f93995c29447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 deactivated-5f93995c29447
Member since 2005 • 2063 Posts

I think the PC fanboy is considering Crysis running on Very High settings for consoles. That's impossible to do, but if it was on high settings with less open-ended environments, then developers have al arge percentage of nailing Crysis on the consoles.

And what does the PC fanboy mean by "Doom3 not being compared to Crysis?". Admit it, everyone said that Doom3 and HL2 were impossible to run on last-gen consoles, don't forget FarCry.

While the three games themselves had to go through minor changes during development, their graphical prowess stayed true. And not only that, FarCry Intincts actually looks BETTER then the PC version because of HD-R and other lighting effects.

Trust me, consoles have tons of power. It's just difficult for developers to find it. During the end of this generation, expect to see games near the graphical capicity near Crysis.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kozzy1234

who cares? if it's just a direct port, the quality of the graphics won't save any of Crysis's flaws like outdated multiplayer and bad replay value.
bulletsword

Crysis has great replay value actually :)

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KC_Hokie
You have nothing to back up your claims... go check the requirements for crysis again little boy.

If they are working on a Crysis game for consoles, ITS NOT THE SAME AS THE PC VERSION, simple as that, coming from the people who made teh game.

Might be playing Crysis at medium or low settings, but there is NO WAY they can get HIGH settings out of that graphics card ont he 360.. NO WAY. Try again little one!

kozzy1234

Again, do you understand the different between PC's and consoles and how much more efficient gaming consoles use their hardware for gaming (since they are developed for gaming only)?

And Crytek is using their CryENGINE 2 to PORT Crysis! It was revealed at GDC that it will be more of a port and not scaled down version.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kozzy1234
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]You have nothing to back up your claims... go check the requirements for crysis again little boy.

KC_Hokie

Again, do you understand the different between PC's and consoles and how much more efficient gaming consoles use their hardware for gaming (since they are developed for gaming only)?

And Crytek is using their CryENGINE 2 to PORT Crysis! It was revealed at GDC that it will be more of a port and not scaled down version.

They said they are working on games WITH THE CryENGINE 2, NOT CRYSIS itself. Learn how to read.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KC_Hokie

They said they are working on games WITH THE CryENGINE 2, NOT CRYSIS itself. Learn how to read.kozzy1234

Wrong again. At GDC Crytek made it clear that they are working on a Crysis PORT!

xfan-atic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 xfan-atic
Member since 2003 • 1191 Posts

Yes there is... I'm not goingto get into teh right now, every time i do for some reason nobody replies... But by examples, if you remember Doom 3 or Half Life 2 for the Original Xbox, those games looked awsome, proly mid-igh settings on their PC conterparts (with 480*680 res). Also, GoW of the Xbox 360 looks like a mid-high (mosly high) version of tPC counterpart, same with orange box and Bioshock. Sure, Crysis is WAY more expensive than those games, but I'm sure thatif ID could port Doom3 to a 733Mhz - 64 Mb machine n those settings, Cryoteck can do the same with crysis.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kozzy1234
While work on the console version of CryENGINE 2 only began after Crysis shipped in November, it is now in a fully operational state. Graphically it appears somewhere between medium and high detail as compared to Crysis on the PC, And the team hopes to one day support worlds as large as those found in its flagship title Crysis. While Crytek might consider outsourcing Crysis for console development, Seeley noted that any potential client would need to be very talented and be able to meet high expectations. No console version of Crysis has been worked on yet, but expect a bunch of games to use CryENGINE 2 in the future.
xfan-atic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 xfan-atic
Member since 2003 • 1191 Posts

While work on the console version of CryENGINE 2 only began after Crysis shipped in November, it is now in a fully operational state. Graphically it appears somewhere between medium and high detail as compared to Crysis on the PC, And the team hopes to one day support worlds as large as those found in its flagship title Crysis. While Crytek might consider outsourcing Crysis for console development, Seeley noted that any potential client would need to be very talented and be able to meet high expectations. No console version of Crysis has been worked on yet, but expect a bunch of games to use CryENGINE 2 in the future.kozzy1234

Dude, dont get upset man, the argument is not if the game is coming to the consoles, is whether the consoles could run the game. I personally have Crysis, and loved the game, but i know (based on DirectX 10 dev scan), an Xbox 360 could do Crysis mostly high (but 35% mid).

PD: My machine: Core 2 Duo E8400(@3.8Ghz) 2Gb ddr3 1333, 2Xwd 50gB 10,000RPM (Raid 1), x2 ATI Radeon 3870 Crossfired.It runs all maxed out

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KC_Hokie

The thing about Crysis for the 360 is one day someone from Crytek says it's impossible then a few days later someone else from the company says it's very possible (and probable). Let's just say no one in the gaming industry thinks their won't be a crysis for the 360 and PS3 and some reliable sits have even listed in for Nov. release.

Crysis is coming to the 360 and PS3 AND will be a port or near identical port (normal PC settings).

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

I dont think it can play at all at High setting's on the 360. Medium, yeah its possible. Not on high at all.

If they do release a crysis on the 360, its not going to play like the one on the PC.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]While work on the console version of CryENGINE 2 only began after Crysis shipped in November, it is now in a fully operational state. Graphically it appears somewhere between medium and high detail as compared to Crysis on the PC, And the team hopes to one day support worlds as large as those found in its flagship title Crysis. While Crytek might consider outsourcing Crysis for console development, Seeley noted that any potential client would need to be very talented and be able to meet high expectations. No console version of Crysis has been worked on yet, but expect a bunch of games to use CryENGINE 2 in the future.xfan-atic

Dude, dont get upset man, the argument is not if the game is coming to the consoles, is whether the consoles could run the game. I personally have Crysis, and loved the game, but i know (based on DirectX 10 dev scan), an Xbox 360 could do Crysis mostly high (but 35% mid).

PD: My machine: Core 2 Duo E8400(@3.8Ghz) 2Gb ddr3 1333, 2Xwd 50gB 10,000RPM (Raid 1), x2 ATI Radeon 3870 Crossfired.It runs all maxed out

Im not getting upset, that last post of mine was a quote straight from the people who made crysis.

THEY MIGHT CONSIDER IT, that in no way says that CRYSIS is for sure going to be on consoles.

Other games will use the same engine in the future, that doesnt mean crysis for sure is coming, and if it is, itll be a dumbed down version.

Avatar image for EnigmaticBeauty
EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EnigmaticBeauty
Member since 2007 • 1297 Posts
I've never played Crysis...and truthfully don't know much about it. Seen a few pics and clips here and there and it looks like a run of the mill shooter to me... Oh and it's published by E.A, shouldn't we all be saying, how much we hate it? lol
p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts
i don't think so but imagine a crysis game on wii it would suck like far cry on the wii
kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kaycon11
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts
Yes it would, but only if they killed down some of the graphics and rewrote some of the engine specifically for the 360 and PS3.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kozzy1234

Yes it would, but only if they killed down some of the graphics and rewrote some of the engine specifically for the 360 and PS3.kaycon11

Exactly

kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kaycon11
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts
We will get something really simular like the last time we get Preditor version of the former game. And yeah, that game was designed for DX9, but Xbox still runs it with DX8.1 anyway. As long as you don't force Xbox360 to run it on 1900x1200 and ultra high quality textures, Xbox360 can handle it.magicalclick
well ya, it would have to run in 720p or 1080p.
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts

I think it would be possible for Crysis to run in comparable to medium settings on the PC version... Even on medium settings it would be the best looking console game out there (As far as the larger scale games go). On high or ultra high, no....not remotely possible on consoles. I don't think some people how amazing Crysis looks on ultra high settings.....Graphics like that are not going to be seen by console only gamers until the next generations come out (PS4, XBox3).

Anybody who believe otherwise needs to stop kidding themselves. PC gaming is always going to be a step ahead of console gaming as far as graphics go.... However you have to be willing to pay the price for such an advantage. To play Crysis on ultra high settings you would pay more for the GPU than you would for a 360 elite system.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]You have nothing to back up your claims... go check the requirements for crysis again little boy.

KC_Hokie

/facepalm

Proof that consoles are more effecient at gaming than PCs?

bongcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bongcat
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts
youre all wrong my mom said that its gonna happen
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts

not a chance in hell

DWolford32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DWolford32
Member since 2004 • 525 Posts

I think it would be possible for Crysis to run in comparable to medium settings on the PC version... Even on medium settings it would be the best looking console game out there (As far as the larger scale games go). On high or ultra high, no....not remotely possible on consoles. I don't think some people how amazing Crysis looks on ultra high settings.....Graphics like that are not going to be seen by console only gamers until the next generations come out (PS4, XBox3).

Anybody who believe otherwise needs to stop kidding themselves. PC gaming is always going to be a step ahead of console gaming as far as graphics go.... However you have to be willing to pay the price for such an advantage. To play Crysis on ultra high settings you would pay more for the GPU than you would for a 360 elite system.

SuperBeast

actually a 3870x2 can play it at higher than 1080p and ultra high and its only $400 while the elite is $50 more

My pc cost me $400 and it plays crysis on medium, i am sure a console of the same price that is only for gaming and optimized as such can play it on high and some medium. i know it only has 512 mb of ram and a lower video card but the video card has edram which is very fast ram and ram in general doesn't help with games very much if the console is powerful and the HD is fast.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts
[QUOTE="SuperBeast"]

DWolford32

actually a 3870x2 can play it at higher than 1080p and ultra high and its only $400 while the elite is $50 more

My pc cost me $400 and it plays crysis on medium, i am sure a console of the same price that is only for gaming and optimized as such can play it on high and some medium. i know it only has 512 mb of ram and a lower video card but the video card has edram which is very fast ram and ram in general doesn't help with games very much if the console is powerful and the HD is fast.

Do you know anything at all about PC gaming? First of all, RAM is one of the MOST important things (right after video card RAM), and it's almost laugable that you bring up HDD speed, it's not even something that even comes up at all... if it's in a PC with a gig of ram, I can almost guarantee it's fast enough.

Then, just for kicks, you bring up the price of a PC that will run crysis at medium and the price of the Elite, what the heck does that have to do with anything? You sound ridiculous.

otepadilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 otepadilla
Member since 2004 • 239 Posts
Hmmmm let me see I can run Bioshock on my pc in medium high mostly medium but I can play it like at 25 frames and the xbox 360 can handle it very nice with higher settings...I can play Crysis on medium high maybe 70% on medium and please don't tell me the xbox 360 can't handle Crysis at least on medium settings. I've noticed the power of the sbos 360 is far more powerful than my pc omparing various games that are in both pc and xbox 360...
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

Hmmmm let me see I can run Bioshock on my pc in medium high mostly medium but I can play it like at 25 frames and the xbox 360 can handle it very nice with higher settings...I can play Crysis on medium high maybe 70% on medium and please don't tell me the xbox 360 can't handle Crysis at least on medium settings. I've noticed the power of the sbos 360 is far more powerful than my pc omparing various games that are in both pc and xbox 360...otepadilla

Crysis and Bioshock are completely different games :|

bike749

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bike749
Member since 2005 • 829 Posts
first too many little fan boy here. no one here know any thing about hardware most of you have no idea.
DWolford32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DWolford32
[QUOTE="DWolford32"][QUOTE="SuperBeast"]

mfp16

Do you know anything at all about PC gaming? First of all, RAM is one of the MOST important things (right after video card RAM), and it's almost laugable that you bring up HDD speed, it's not even something that even comes up at all... if it's in a PC with a gig of ram, I can almost guarantee it's fast enough.

Then, just for kicks, you bring up the price of a PC that will run crysis at medium and the price of the Elite, what the heck does that have to do with anything? You sound ridiculous.

Th guy i originally quoted said it costs more to get a video card that can run crysis on very high than to buy an elite when a 3870x2 is cheaper than an elite. also i bring up price because if i spend as much money for a pc as i do on an game console, the gaming on the console will be better because it is made for gaming while the computer has other needs that drain from its resources. and if you have a fast HD it helps, and i went from 1gb of ram on my computer to 3 and didn't notice a huge difference.
Hector_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 Hector_01
Member since 2006 • 227 Posts
Well after reading all the responses, its hard to say if they can run it on console hardware. I am a pc gamer at heart though i do play the other consoles. Honestly i think that no matter how good they program the game to play on consoles i just find it very hard to see it running on very high settings (full detail) on any current consoles. They could come close but not perfect i think but some things would have to be turned down. By the way, crysis 1.2 patch came out not that along ago and after i installed it i tried running crysis on full detail and it actually ran well. My pc is a core 2 duo 2.4ghz, 3gb ram and 1 8800 gtx. So a sli system isnt required to play it at full i think. So in otherwords pc gaming isnt as rediculously expensive like you people think.
bosslit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bosslit
Member since 2003 • 88 Posts

umm I havent read to much in to either of these games gut If the peeps that made crysis make farcry1,2 then why would they bother porting a semi-old game to the 360 as kool as crysis looks I rather have them spent there time on farcry2 for the 360 cus thats the next step up!!! and if the 360 can run faycry2 then why would you qustion that if it could run a years old game!!!! thats dumb^!^ GOW2 dude screw crysis F-U

iamdanthaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 iamdanthaman
Member since 2008 • 2498 Posts

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista), AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or better

RAM: 1GB (1.5GB on Windows Vista)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or better

VRAM: 256MB of Graphics Memory

Storage: 12GB

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

ODD: DVD-ROM OS: Microsoft Windows XP or Vista DirectX: DX9.0c or DX10

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Core 2 Duo/Athlon X2 or better

RAM: 1.5GB

Video Card: NVIDIA 7800 Series, ATI Radeon 1800 Series or better

VRAM: 512MB of Graphics Memory

Storage: 12GB

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

ODD: DVD-ROM OS: Microsoft Windows XP or Vista DirectX: DX9.0c or DX10

Хboх 360 System Performance - Draft Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU

3 symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each

2 hardware threads per core; 6 hardware threads total

1 VMX-128 vector unit per core; 3 total

128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread

1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance

9 billion dot product operations per second Custom ATI Graphics Processor

500 MHz

10 MB embedded DRAM

48-way parallel floating-point dynamically-scheduled shader pipelines

Unified shader architecture Polygon Performance

500 million triangles per second Pixel Fill Rate

16 gigasamples per second fillrate using 4X MSAA Shader Performance

48 billion shader operations per second Memory

512 MB GDDR3 RAM

700 MHz DDR

Unified memory architecture Memory Bandwidth

22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth

256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM

21.6 GB/s front-side bus

As has been said, the 360 does not need as much system Ram because it doesn't have Windows running in the backround. Obviously it has more than enough processing power. But to say that it's graphics are behind the current generation of pc cards is ludicrous, current graphics cards have GDDR3, the same as the 360 and PS3 use, and that is not even listed as a reqiurement for Crysis.

Avatar image for Fenrir_DarkWolf
Fenrir_DarkWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 Fenrir_DarkWolf
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts

You have to remember that you cannot judge consoles and PCs in the same sense. A console is designed to play games; it does not have to run a complex operating system in the background. I think the 360's RAM would suffice for Crysis.

The video card is where I'm worried. The 360's card is a generation behind the current ATIs (well, technically it's a bridge generation card) and nVidia's but I believe the game could run on high settings if it was coded well.

Ortadragoon

Ummm... no, considering that the 360 uses 512 MB shared RAM (Ram and video card) and Crysis needs about 2 gigs of ram plus at least 512 VRAM, I would say that the Xbox is quite short, not to mention the lack of pixel shader 4 and that the only (single) video card capable of really doing justice to Crysis is the 3870 x2, which does a teraflop (i.e. much faster than the 360). I would say the 360 could not keep up with Crysis on high.

DWolford32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DWolford32
iamdantaman is 100% right. the vram in this card is eDram which is must raster than regular ram, and the ram is ddr3 while most ram is ddr2. it looks short compared to a pc and i agree wth that but the xbox has alot of potential yet to be unlocked, and if crysis could do it it would look great.
edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts
It's not a question of if crysis will run on consoles. Of course it will. It just won't run anywhere near High settings. Medium to low settings yes. Either way it will have to be toned down a lot to run on consoles.