Worms is a COMPLETE rip-off....

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wellfedmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Wellfedmonkey
Member since 2006 • 1477 Posts
Ive been playing worms since the mid 90's so no. I guess this topic is now over since your absolutely wrong! Sorry.
Wildhang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Wildhang
Member since 2003 • 156 Posts
I played worms on the commodore Amiga 500! That was around the late late 80's when a I was in High School 1986-89. Its been around for awhile. I wouldn't call it a rip yet maybe in point cost, have to see.
ACESandElGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#53 ACESandElGHTS
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

I played worms on the commodore Amiga 500! That was around the late late 80's when a I was in High School 1986-89. Its been around for awhile. I wouldn't call it a rip yet maybe in point cost, have to see. Wildhang

Awesome.  If you were using the Amiga, you certainly must've played Defender of the Crown back around 1988!?

Wildhang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Wildhang
Member since 2003 • 156 Posts
Oh yes Defender of the Crown, Played it. I think the company was called Cinemaware they also made It came from the Desert, friggin ants... Them dayz are missed.
Demon_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 Demon_God
Member since 2004 • 248 Posts

[QUOTE="Peter_Panda"]Worms ripped off Scorched Earth.

Gunbound ripped off both Worms and Scorched Earth.

But ALL of them ripped off Gorillas.
snackdaddy

HAHAHA, I forgot about Gorillas!

OMG i had that on my 1st ever PC back in 93 lol with nibbles. But to stay on topic i had worms on my snes.
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts
[QUOTE="Gokuja"][QUOTE="eddy5791"]

Have you guys noticed that worms is a complete rip-off from that online game called gunbound? i just saw worms in gameplay and even though i loved gunbound a cpl years back, wow, this is an EXACT clone. I'm a little upset cuz i heard all this hype for Worms to find out it's this? w/e, i guess not all games can b original. 

for those of you who have never heard of gunbound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyKQIgE139I

and gunbound could not have possibly copied worms cuz gunbound has been around for years.

fm_coyote

how many years? worms has been around for many years as well, appearing on ps1.   im talking about worms: armaggedon and im sure there was 1 or 2 titles b4 that. 

and who cares, if you like gunbound you'll like worms as well.  games take inspiration and good things from other games and incorporate them into their own.  sure it looks almost exactly the same, but if i were the developers of whichever came first i'd feel flattered that they liked the game soo much.  also who made gunbound? maybe its the same developer, or maybe its just a mod or something.   i dunno

worms was out on pc well before ps1

which is why i also said the other underlined statement, i knew there was just didnt know anything about worms until armaggedon

fm_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 fm_coyote
Member since 2003 • 952 Posts
[QUOTE="fm_coyote"][QUOTE="Gokuja"][QUOTE="eddy5791"]

Have you guys noticed that worms is a complete rip-off from that online game called gunbound? i just saw worms in gameplay and even though i loved gunbound a cpl years back, wow, this is an EXACT clone. I'm a little upset cuz i heard all this hype for Worms to find out it's this? w/e, i guess not all games can b original. 

for those of you who have never heard of gunbound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyKQIgE139I

and gunbound could not have possibly copied worms cuz gunbound has been around for years.

Gokuja

how many years? worms has been around for many years as well, appearing on ps1.   im talking about worms: armaggedon and im sure there was 1 or 2 titles b4 that. 

and who cares, if you like gunbound you'll like worms as well.  games take inspiration and good things from other games and incorporate them into their own.  sure it looks almost exactly the same, but if i were the developers of whichever came first i'd feel flattered that they liked the game soo much.  also who made gunbound? maybe its the same developer, or maybe its just a mod or something.   i dunno

which is why i also said the other underlined statement, i knew there was just didnt know anything about worms until armaggedon

no worries, I was just stating a fact myself.  I for one cannot wait for this game to hit XBL

Baglad5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Baglad5
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts
HELL YES
bond21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 bond21
Member since 2004 • 597 Posts
worms is a cheap copy of pong - its an interactive game. That sums up the TC's logic btw Worms was out BEFORE GUNBOUND 2d worms still rules all.
bond21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 bond21
Member since 2004 • 597 Posts
[QUOTE="moohan"]Generic_Dude : i agree... way back in elementary/middle school (wow its been a long time) my friends and i used to play gorillas all the time (well that and the original oregon trail)... type in the power... type in the angle... and watch as your magic banana destroyed the other "gorilla" or any building that got in the way.... i will have to say that once tank wars came out though, it made me almost completely forget about gorillas

Gorillas ruled.
Rikkus_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#61 Rikkus_Chaos
Member since 2006 • 460 Posts

eddy5791
Worms has been around for ages and if you played a rip-off of it first and think its the rip-off, I am confused......
TheNIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#62 TheNIM
Member since 2006 • 312 Posts
Who cares what rips off what nowadays..... There is very rarely an original game comes around.... I mean, if you want to dumb it down, wouldn't every FPS be "copying" Wolfenstein 3D for the PC? We're talking a game way back on (and even some situations before) Windows 3.1. This whole rip-off talk is absurd and some of you need some perspective.
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts
Oh yes Defender of the Crown, Played it. I think the company was called Cinemaware they also made It came from the Desert, friggin ants... Them dayz are missed.Wildhang
It Came From the Desert....LOL Those were the days... tears to my eyes. All these young 360 & Sony fans never got to see or play the golden age of Amiga. Everyone talks about old Nes & Sega systems but for me I had them and had an Amiga and the Amiga was the system to have. I loved that system man why did it have to fail me... Piracy and America's neglect killed the poor Amiga. Remembering the days of SYNDICATE, BENEATH A STEEL SKY, CANNON FODDER, STUNT CAR RACER, ZOOL, PARALLEL STARS, WIZBALL, SPEEDBALL, MONKEY ISLANDS, INDIANA JONES ADVENTURES, SENSIBLE SOCCER, FLASHBACK, IT CAME FROM THE DESERT, SUPERFROG, PUTTY, SWIV, ALIEN BREED, MICRO MACHINES, CHAOS ENGINES the list goes on and on....
fm_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 fm_coyote

[QUOTE="Wildhang"]Oh yes Defender of the Crown, Played it. I think the company was called Cinemaware they also made It came from the Desert, friggin ants... Them dayz are missed.mightyboosh13
It Came From the Desert....LOL Those were the days... tears to my eyes. All these young 360 & Sony fans never got to see or play the golden age of Amiga. Everyone talks about old Nes & Sega systems but for me I had them and had an Amiga and the Amiga was the system to have. I loved that system man why did it have to fail me... Piracy and America's neglect killed the poor Amiga. Remembering the days of SYNDICATE, BENEATH A STEEL SKY, CANNON FODDER, STUNT CAR RACER, ZOOL, PARALLEL STARS, WIZBALL, SPEEDBALL, MONKEY ISLANDS, INDIANA JONES ADVENTURES, SENSIBLE SOCCER, FLASHBACK, IT CAME FROM THE DESERT, SUPERFROG, PUTTY, SWIV, ALIEN BREED, MICRO MACHINES, CHAOS ENGINES the list goes on and on....

amen! lol

Fee117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Fee117
Member since 2006 • 50 Posts
what other game lets you throw exploding mad cows, old people, and the holy hand grenade at worms?    ... thats what i thought
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts
[QUOTE="Gokuja"][QUOTE="fm_coyote"][QUOTE="Gokuja"][QUOTE="eddy5791"]

fm_coyote

no worries, I was just stating a fact myself.  I for one cannot wait for this game to hit XBL

and i for one hope they dont ruin it like they did contra and paperboy, i just can't play those on XBL. 

fm_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 fm_coyote
[QUOTE="fm_coyote"][QUOTE="Gokuja"][QUOTE="fm_coyote"][QUOTE="Gokuja"][QUOTE="eddy5791"]

Gokuja

and i for one hope they dont ruin it like they did contra and paperboy, i just can't play those on XBL. 

for sure man, im praying its just as good as I remember.  I grabbed a copy for my DS, it was HORRIBLE.  I want a good port for XBL.  Im keeping my fingers crossed.

ACESandElGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#68 ACESandElGHTS
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

It Came From the Desert....LOL Those were the days... tears to my eyes. All these young 360 & Sony fans never got to see or play the golden age of Amiga. Everyone talks about old Nes & Sega systems but for me I had them and had an Amiga and the Amiga was the system to have. I loved that system man why did it have to fail me... Piracy and America's neglect killed the poor Amiga. Remembering the days of SYNDICATE, BENEATH A STEEL SKY, CANNON FODDER, STUNT CAR RACER, ZOOL, PARALLEL STARS, WIZBALL, SPEEDBALL, MONKEY ISLANDS, INDIANA JONES ADVENTURES, SENSIBLE SOCCER, FLASHBACK, IT CAME FROM THE DESERT, SUPERFROG, PUTTY, SWIV, ALIEN BREED, MICRO MACHINES, CHAOS ENGINES the list goes on and on....mightyboosh13

Yup, I pirated and downloaded every single thing I could, and I'm proud of it.  I litereally had boxes full of copied software.  I, singlehandedly, brought down the mighty Commodore empire.  Steve Case was so broken up about the failure of Commodore that he went and founded America Online.  Sucker.  I wonder who's living larger now.

I must've gotten at least $200 for all my old computer gear.

WillT12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 WillT12345
Member since 2004 • 3123 Posts

[QUOTE="mehoff88"][QUOTE="Peter_Panda"]Worms ripped off Scorched Earth.

Gunbound ripped off both Worms and Scorched Earth.

But ALL of them ripped off Gorillas.
Generic_Dude

omg dude i used to play that game on win 3.1 like every day.  the little gorillas standing on the tops of the buildings throwing explosive bananas at eachother! haha thanks for the nostalgia trip.  So what were you guys talking about? :)

ACK! Someone else knows!

As soon as I saw this thread I wanted to say that panda but you beat us all. What was that other game with it, it might not of been with it but I remeber only having two games on that ancient PC? I swear you accessed it through DOS ........... I remember it was Nibbles! (snake that the tale grows when you pick up the numbers, of course the snake was a rectangle). Good times.