Worms is a COMPLETE rip-off....

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts

Have you guys noticed that worms is a complete rip-off from that online game called gunbound? i just saw worms in gameplay and even though i loved gunbound a cpl years back, wow, this is an EXACT clone. I'm a little upset cuz i heard all this hype for Worms to find out it's this? w/e, i guess not all games can b original. 

for those of you who have never heard of gunbound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyKQIgE139I

and gunbound could not have possibly copied worms cuz gunbound has been around for years.

Burnsmiesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Burnsmiesta
Member since 2004 • 1672 Posts
Dear me
zymase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#3 zymase
Member since 2003 • 6568 Posts
Never heard of Gunbound, was it a ripoff of Scorched Earth? That's basically all Worms is, it's just cartoony and has a sense of humor.
marcio999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcio999
Member since 2005 • 1240 Posts
Nope, Gunbound is a ripoff of Worms, Worms was around WAY before Gunbound
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

Have you guys noticed that worms is a complete rip-off from that online game called gunbound? i just saw worms in gameplay and even though i loved gunbound a cpl years back, wow, this is an EXACT clone. I'm a little upset cuz i heard all this hype for Worms to find out it's this? w/e, i guess not all games can b original. 

for those of you who have never heard of gunbound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyKQIgE139I

and gunbound could not have possibly copied worms cuz gunbound has been around for years.

eddy5791

how many years? worms has been around for many years as well, appearing on ps1.   im talking about worms: armaggedon and im sure there was 1 or 2 titles b4 that. 

and who cares, if you like gunbound you'll like worms as well.  games take inspiration and good things from other games and incorporate them into their own.  sure it looks almost exactly the same, but if i were the developers of whichever came first i'd feel flattered that they liked the game soo much.  also who made gunbound? maybe its the same developer, or maybe its just a mod or something.   i dunno

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
The 2d worms is still the best lol
eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 eddy5791
[QUOTE="eddy5791"]

Gokuja

how many years? worms has been around for many years as well, appearing on ps1.   im talking about worms: armaggedon and im sure there was 1 or 2 titles b4 that. 

and who cares, if you like gunbound you'll like worms as well.  games take inspiration and good things from other games and incorporate them into their own.  sure it looks almost exactly the same, but if i were the developers of whichever came first i'd feel flattered that they liked the game soo much.  also who made gunbound? maybe its the same developer, or maybe its just a mod or something.   i dunno

well ill take your word for it. sorry if i sounded a lil trollish and had lack of information. I guess it might have been the fact that gunbound looks like t has more additions such as wind, diff. vehicles, weapons, power-ups,etc. but who knows, i cant base all my info of worms jst on that 1 min.clip. ionno, cuz even though i didnt kno how worms was i was still hyped for it. but as a matter a fact, when i saw gameplay video, i was excited at first. now i guess i gotta wait to get it. hopefully i wont b addicted cuz with gunbound, that thing had me sucked up for a while.
JediMoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 JediMoogle
Member since 2004 • 21123 Posts
Um, Worms has been around much longer than Gunbound. :| Worms has been around since the early 90s :|
eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 eddy5791
The 2d worms is still the best lolSouL-Tak3R
btw, you sig is in october, not november. unless you got like a speical month ahead to buy ur 360.
linkinworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 linkinworm
Member since 2005 • 3134 Posts
worms was out back in 1994
KodiakGTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 KodiakGTS
Member since 2003 • 1262 Posts

Have you guys noticed that worms is a complete rip-off from that online game called gunbound? i just saw worms in gameplay and even though i loved gunbound a cpl years back, wow, this is an EXACT clone. I'm a little upset cuz i heard all this hype for Worms to find out it's this? w/e, i guess not all games can b original.

eddy5791
Worms was around long before gunbound dude. The first worms game came out in 1994, while the company that developed gunbound didn't even exist until 2001. I think you have it backwards.
Peter_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Peter_Panda
Member since 2005 • 1167 Posts
Worms ripped off Scorched Earth.

Gunbound ripped off both Worms and Scorched Earth.

But ALL of them ripped off Gorillas.
snackdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 snackdaddy
Member since 2006 • 2122 Posts

Never heard of Gunbound, was it a ripoff of Scorched Earth? That's basically all Worms is, it's just cartoony and has a sense of humor.zymase

Not sure any of these tots were around to play Scorched Earth....  you're showing your age or you like dos based 2d 12 color games!

linkinworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 linkinworm
Member since 2005 • 3134 Posts
[QUOTE="SouL-Tak3R"]The 2d worms is still the best loleddy5791
btw, you sig is in october, not november. unless you got like a speical month ahead to buy ur 360.

the xbox360 was out in 2005, so he got it about 8 months after launch not 1 month befor launch
snackdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 snackdaddy
Member since 2006 • 2122 Posts

Peter_Panda

HAHAHA, I forgot about Gorillas!

eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 eddy5791
[QUOTE="eddy5791"][QUOTE="SouL-Tak3R"]The 2d worms is still the best lollinkinworm

the xbox360 was out in 2005, so he got it about 8 months after launch not 1 month befor launch

o man ur $hittin me. it came out that long ago? dam! time flies. i forgot all of 2005!
tatu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tatu2004
Member since 2004 • 17173 Posts
never hared of Gunbound...
atron62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 atron62
Member since 2006 • 191 Posts
gunbound is a copy of worms man lol even tho gunbound has been around for years worms has been around for even longer lol
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts
Nope, Gunbound is a ripoff of Worms, Worms was around WAY before Gunboundmarcio999
Exactly....Worms is ancient.
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts
[QUOTE="Gokuja"][QUOTE="eddy5791"]

eddy5791

well ill take your word for it. sorry if i sounded a lil trollish and had lack of information. I guess it might have been the fact that gunbound looks like t has more additions such as wind, diff. vehicles, weapons, power-ups,etc. but who knows, i cant base all my info of worms jst on that 1 min.clip. ionno, cuz even though i didnt kno how worms was i was still hyped for it. but as a matter a fact, when i saw gameplay video, i was excited at first. now i guess i gotta wait to get it. hopefully i wont b addicted cuz with gunbound, that thing had me sucked up for a while.

its alright i wasnt trying to yell at you or make you sound stupid.  i just havent heard of gunbound so i had to use the right words so i didnt make myself sound like i knew what i was talking about when i didnt.  i just knew worms has been around for along time.  worms has wind, no vehicles though but awesome weapons, not really any power ups though that i remember, maybe 1 or 2 though.  oh you can also have different audio or w/e (word escapes me at the moment) for your worms.  like german, cowboy, alien, hippy, and many many others.  they are pretty funny. 

worms is a great game, i just hope XBLA does a good job on it.  i cant stand playing contra or paperboy, i dont think they did a good job on them.  thank god for demos, woulda been money wasted. 

SuperVegeta518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SuperVegeta518
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Someone really needs to brush up on their gaming history.
flatline711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 flatline711
Member since 2005 • 2015 Posts
Someone really needs to brush up on their gaming history.SuperVegeta518
agreed. I'll bet he prolly thinks the Splinter Cell series ripped off the gameplay in Batman Begins, or that the GTA series ripped off Jaws Unleashed...
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
[QUOTE="SuperVegeta518"]Someone really needs to brush up on their gaming history.flatline711
agreed. I'll bet he prolly thinks the Splinter Cell series ripped off the gameplay in Batman Begins, or that the GTA series ripped off Jaws Unleashed...

Guess you guys didnt even read the first page. He said he made a mistake. No big deal.........
w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
Wow........this kid it 12.
flatline711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 flatline711
Member since 2005 • 2015 Posts

[QUOTE="flatline711"][QUOTE="SuperVegeta518"]Someone really needs to brush up on their gaming history.eddy5791

wow you're 2 fukin hilarious. got any more jokes in that brain dead head of yours?

rofl dude relax it was a joke, no need to go all damn emo over it seriously. Learn to relax wow

[QUOTE="w7w7w7w7w7"]Wow........this kid it 12.eddy5791
I sure as hell know you ain't talking to me.And if so, explain to me, why I would be twelve? Is it because i apologize for making a mistake and correcting myself as to assuming facts? Is it for standing my ground from idiots like flatline? please enlighten me.

i think ur young myself simply because u freaked out over a lil joke.  Dude, who the hell cares what ppl think of u over the net.  As for me being an idiot, i think ur doing a good job of making one out of urself by simply going on a tantrum over a lil joke >_>

stealthrodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 stealthrodent
Member since 2003 • 1508 Posts
Haha, gunbound totally ripped off worms. Worms was the original. I used to play gunbound, It was good, but worms has always been better. Even on the gunbound website they stated that gunbound is alot like Worms and that if you ever played worms, then you'll have a good feeling for gunbound.
DJTOMMY812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DJTOMMY812
Member since 2003 • 2003 Posts
Gunbound is the ripoff. Worms was here WAY before that stupid game came out
race_suace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 race_suace
Member since 2006 • 1685 Posts
dude worms has been around wayyyy longer than gunbound
Everon22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 Everon22
Member since 2003 • 389 Posts
Hehe, you're all Nubs.

Gunbound -ripped off --> Worms - ripped off --> Scorched Earth --> Tank Wars (1990)

who cares anyways?
fm_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fm_coyote
Member since 2003 • 952 Posts
[QUOTE="eddy5791"]

Gokuja

worms was out on pc well before ps1

Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
Worms is effing ancient. I really doubt that Worms ripped off Gunbound.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts
[QUOTE="eddy5791"][QUOTE="SouL-Tak3R"]The 2d worms is still the best lollinkinworm

It came out on 11/22/05 if i'm not mistaken, so that would be like 10 to 10 1/2 months after launch. Aww crap I think my math is just as bad. ah well.
ACESandElGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#37 ACESandElGHTS
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

Yo, Worms ripped off Gunbound, which ripped off Scorched Earth, which ripped off Return Fire, which ripped off Syndicate Wars, which I'm pretty dang sure ripped off

Kabuki Warriors.

I don't know nuthin' 'bout nuthin' 'cept the word on the street is everybody who's anybody is down with a pimp named Silky.

BTW, worst topic and thread ever.

EDIT: Tell me something good.  Is this game worthwhile?  I want to get a fun XBL arcade game.

mehoff88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mehoff88
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts

Peter_Panda

omg dude i used to play that game on win 3.1 like every day.  the little gorillas standing on the tops of the buildings throwing explosive bananas at eachother! haha thanks for the nostalgia trip.  So what were you guys talking about? :)
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

[QUOTE="marcio999"]Nope, Gunbound is a ripoff of Worms, Worms was around WAY before Gunboundfore_runner
Exactly....Worms is ancient.

But it IS kindof a ripoff of that old Gorillas Q-BASIC game where you throw exploding bananas at each other. Can I get a witness? That game was the bomb!

You could also make an argument for ripping off Human Cannonball for Atari 2600... but that's a little different because you shot the man into a basket. So it's sortof like the "Breakout" to Gorillas's "Pong"... so Gorillas is more like it.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Generic_Dude

[QUOTE="Peter_Panda"]Worms ripped off Scorched Earth.

mehoff88

omg dude i used to play that game on win 3.1 like every day.  the little gorillas standing on the tops of the buildings throwing explosive bananas at eachother! haha thanks for the nostalgia trip.  So what were you guys talking about? :)

ACK! Someone else knows!

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#41 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Nope, Gunbound is a ripoff of Worms, Worms was around WAY before Gunboundmarcio999
Indeed. Ditto with Dinky Bomb.  Man, I used to play a lot of DB at work... and half the time people asked you to help them get off by typing nasty things to them.
moohan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 moohan
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts
Generic_Dude : i agree... way back in elementary/middle school (wow its been a long time) my friends and i used to play gorillas all the time (well that and the original oregon trail)... type in the power... type in the angle... and watch as your magic banana destroyed the other "gorilla" or any building that got in the way.... i will have to say that once tank wars came out though, it made me almost completely forget about gorillas
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Generic_Dude

[QUOTE="marcio999"]Nope, Gunbound is a ripoff of Worms, Worms was around WAY before Gunbounddonalbane
Indeed. Ditto with Dinky Bomb.  Man, I used to play a lot of DB at work... and half the time people asked you to help them get off by typing nasty things to them.

lol, Dinky Bomb. Best... name... ever.

Master__Shake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Master__Shake
Member since 2002 • 6214 Posts
[QUOTE="SouL-Tak3R"]The 2d worms is still the best loleddy5791

LOL...360 came out in 2005 not 2006 so there's no reason he couldn't have bout it in oct in 2006. Dude, put the pipe down.
biosc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 biosc1
Member since 2003 • 1144 Posts
Hey, don't forget Artillery (1983) for the C64 ;)
ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts
anybody heard of canon fodder? bet that game was around way before any of these
ACESandElGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#47 ACESandElGHTS
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

i will have to say that once tank wars came out though, it made me almost completely forget about gorillasmoohan
Was Tank Wars the one where you picked angle/power and chose from like 10 different weapons to fire, like lasers, nukes, shotgun shells?  That had to be the simplest, cheesiest game, and yet I played it for like 2 hours every night.

Hey, don't forget Artillery (1983) for the C64 ;)biosc1
All hail the Commodore 64.  If it wasn't for space issues (that thing took up like half a room when you had multiple  51/4 drives, printer, etc.), I would probably still play that thing.  Red Storm Rising was a deeply satisfying experience.  So was Racing Destruction Set, Summer Games, Wasteland, Ultima, etc. etc.  Is there a C64 forum here?  Remember the days of 1200 baud modems and 20MB hard drives that cost like $500?  If you've forgotten, you probably don't want to remember.

Comorat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Comorat
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

eddy5791
Well.....this made me feel old. Thanks kid.
Comorat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Comorat
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts
Hey, don't forget Artillery (1983) for the C64 ;)biosc1
AFO AFO AFO!!!!! RAWR!!!!!! First game I ever hacked *grin* 99 balloons for the WIN!!
biosc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 biosc1
Member since 2003 • 1144 Posts
All hail the Commodore 64. If it wasn't for space issues (that thing took up like half a room when you had multiple 51/4 drives, printer, etc.), I would probably still play that thing. Red Storm Rising was a deeply satisfying experience. So was Racing Destruction Set, Summer Games, Wasteland, Ultima, etc. etc. Is there a C64 forum here? Remember the days of 1200 baud modems and 20MB hard drives that cost like $500? If you've forgotten, you probably don't want to remember.ACESandElGHTS
Ah, yes, pirating off of bbs' in the day at 1200 (or 900 :p ) baud. I remember selecting a game to dl and then heading outdoors to "hackey sack" for a few hours waiting for the game to download.
anybody heard of canon fodder? bet that game was around way before any of theseibanezdropd
Nah, Cannon Fodder has no similarity, if I recall. At least Cannon Fodder (going of the Jag version) relied on directing a squad of men in an overhead view. It wasn't a turn based affair.